Future Routes - Tsw Community Guesses

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Raven2156, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Raven2156

Raven2156 Member

Firstly I just wanted to introduce myself because I'm kind of new here. My name is Mateusz and I'm a train lover from Poland. :)

I just wanted to ask you what kind of routes you're waiting for? Some long-distance routes, high-speed trains routes, maybe regional routes or some kind of old-fashioned routes with steam trains?

I must admit that most pleasurable routes to play for me are high-speed trains like ICE-3 or TGV. That's why I'm waiting for the British one!

I'm glad that Dovetail started to add new countries to the game because in the past we could drive only in USA, UK and Germany (+ Canadian route) and that was kind of boring. I hope that after newest French addition and Swiss route coming they will introduce more and more countries that we can discover! :) Personally I'm waiting for Japanese high-speed trains like Shinkansen - that would be awesome and way different from the routes we already know.

And what do you think about it? Which routes you want the most to be developed and introduced in TSW2? Please let me know! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

Well, the routes that are currently listed on the roadmap (not sure if you're familiar with it?) are the only ones we know are most certainly coming in the future. I'm pretty sure more high-speed routes will come eventually.
    As for your question, I prefer slower, regional passenger runs. Ruhr Sieg Nord is a nice example of such a route, so anything like that will stir my interest. Countries aren't that important to me, although I would definitely go for some Italian or Dutch train operation.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Raven2156

Raven2156 Member

praxidike.meng Of course I'm familiar with roadmap. That's why I mentioned the swiss route which is going to be great to be honest!

Italian and Dutch trains sounds awesome! I hope one day we'll have such a opportunity to drive some routes in those countries.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I'm all for slower, longer freight routes doing 20 mph. ;) Yes, US freight routes. I'm down for all kind of freight though, really. Also I'd like to see some older routes/locos. I'm not big on computer screens in trains. Too modern. Taking a class 86/87 up down Shap and up north, now that would be awesome. My dream, above all else, Woodhead in BR Blue days. But, that's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 4
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

[This is all speculation]

I' m most looking forward go Southeastern High Speed (SE HS) and Ham-Lub, the Arosa Line seems intriguing as well.

I am expecting in broader terms longer high speed routes for Europe, maybe something like a Paris-Bruxelles LGV Nord/HSL1 and more german high speed routes such as Frankfurt - Köln could be one of 2021's big projects, if they continue to improve their route building tool.

Similar thing for the US, complete subdivisions (~100/150 mi), probably with one of the long distance Amtrak trains, given the fact IIRC they still have the license.

Also I could see them making another SNCF route (I would love a traditional rail line instead of another LGV though) and another SBB CFF FFS route (I would love the ETR610s)

What I am hoping (but I think is not going to happen) are Spanish, Italian or Japanese high speed or traditional route or broadly speaking I would love to see another country in TSW.

I would love more british modern/80s routes, WCML with the APT and class 87 for example.

I would also love to see any route involving the Desiro units, one of my favourite modern EMUs, particularly on the South West Trains network.

Maybe some more american electric network (NEC, SEPTA, etc...)

Also the Zurich S-Bahn with the Re450 or something involving the third and fourth gen pendolinos (ETR 460/470/480/600/610) maybe even the now defunct Cisalpino between Italy and Switzerland

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I could see the next new British route being 25kv overhead electrified as we've had several diesel routes (GWE, TVL and NTP) and third & fourth rail routes (ECW, BKL and soon SEHS). We've not yet had an overhead electrified traditional route, you could say part of SEHS will be, but it was an entirely new built line that uses continental signalling. Also, the routes we've had so far have all been in England so there's the possibility there may be a Welsh or Scottish route soon. From this, I'm guessing the next British route's going to be a 25kv electrified route in Scotland so possibly the northern section of the WCML or Edinburgh to Glasgow, but ofcourse this is just baseless speculation.

As for what routes I would like, I'd be happy with any lines in Britain. But it'd be nice to see some regional and scenic lines such as the Cumbrian Coast Line or some lines in Cornwall. On the trains side of things, a sprinter would be good and I also think some first generation BR EMUs would be great.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for Boston to Providence!

8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Me to I’m hopping Boston to providence come’s since MBta commuter rail has expressed interest into coming to train sim world 2 in the future.

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of high speed rail, so I guess I'm one of the few who have no interest in routes like the upcoming Southeastern line, or the LGV and ICE lines we currently have. I'm hoping for more commuter lines, although intercity lines would be interesting as well.

And I'm looking forward to see new countries. Because I've played quite a bit of Train Simulator, I've already seen my fair share of UK/US/DE routes, and they do start to feel the same pretty quickly.

I'm really looking forward to Rivet's Arosa Line. And because they made quite a few RhB lines for Train Simulator, I do hope we can expect more RhB lines for TSW as well. Looking forward to some more mountainous routes as well, the stuff we currently have in game is 'hilly' at best.

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It happened in TS1 so I wouldn't say it is impossible, it isn't a huge length and I think TSW would do justice to the terrain of the Pennines, also they have the research material which is important in these Covid times.

Personally I prefer the BR 1950's version as I think it is far nicer to see it as a working mainline than one where half the line was run down and only used for freight. The blue period version though is atmospheric.

It would be good to see routes from other countries, would love some Russian routes in particular.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I also dream of seeing the Shinkansen but am nearly 100% sure we may never see this in TSW or even TS. There are only 3 Japanese routes in Train Simulator and they are all old stock running in the countryside.

I beleive that Train Sim World will continue to make routes in the same countries we have seen in Train Simulator. Mostly UK, Germany, and USA plus a few others.

I wish they would add Russian, Spanish, modern Japanese, and others.

That being said, I am looking forward to the next UK route.. Faversham high speed. I hope it comes with a variety of locos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Well the company that made those 3 Japanese routes are making a Shinkansen route (could be for TSW, could be for train simulator).

Unfortunately for TSW DTG have committed to getting licenses for everything and when asked never exactly seem excited for building new assets and track stuff for new countries, they're too scared to make the initial extra time and cost into building new assets for routes for a different country. Their surveys always show that new countries and especially Dutch, Aussie and Japan will be popular, and if they released routes from these countries then I have no doubt their popularity would increase, for example I only discovered I like german trains due to TSW, now I have all the german TSW routes, Never had any interest in german trains before when playing ts classic.

Only exception has been the TGV which they made for train simulator 3 years ago and no hint of another french route since, except that they have ported over the route to TSW. We're mainly reliant on the few 3rd parties who want to make the move to TSW, which isn't exactly enticing as they have to jump through a lot more hoops working with Dovetail.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Really? They are making a Shinkansen route? From where did you hear this? Wow. I am quite sure it will be for Train Simulator, but that's fine with me as I play both (been playing Train Simulator far more in recent weeks).

I never knew anything about German or UK trains before I got into Train Simulator. I was only familiar with American, Canadian, and Japanese trains. I found that TSW got me into German trains, and Train Simulator UK trains. I wish for other countries, but since they are very few indeed, I mainly run German on TSW and UK on TS. I own all TSW routes except the TGV (I will buy this soon). I have several routes for TS from US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, China, and Japan. I find the scenery of the Chinese routes to be bland. The locomotives are fun to drive, but the scenery is awful.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Yes these are what I have seen on Weibo or CNAurora twitter. I'm still not sure though if it is TSW or Train Simulator and they do not say when people ask on Weibo.

There is also this picture, which CNAurora posted on twitter but not on Weibo:
    [​IMG]

16. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will be long before we see a West Cost Mainline or an East Coast Mainline, but I’m hoping to see some other countries added too! Hoping for some Dutch and Danish routes. But I’m predicting a regional and High speed German route like Osnabrück to Bremen or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Welcome Raven2156 to the community! :) May you enjoy your time here and with TSW.

From the already announced routes, the one I'm looking forward to the most is London - Faversham, followed by the Arosa line.

I think with the 2021/2022 "batch" of roadmap routes we are going to see London to Brighton and a section of ECML/WCML.

• Like Like x 2
  18. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Sadly I suspect future routes will be mainly determined by projected sales.
    What we see on the streams are the rail enthusiasts, but the bottom line is that Dtg is a commercial organisation that needs to sustain growth.