Norway: Linje L12 - Kongsberg To Oslo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elatn, Jan 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. elatn

elatn Active Member

Linje L12
    Local service train from Kongsberg to Oslo S in Norway
    Skjermbilde.PNG
    From the countryside, via suburban environment to the city. Local service Linje L12 goes through one of Norway's most peaceful landscape, connecting the historical city Kongsberg to the capital Oslo. Linje L12 is one of Norway's most busiest commuter services. All of the local services around Oslo transported in 2019 approximately 41.5 million travelers together. That is 4.8 million more travelers than in 2012. This means retrofitting, several upgrades and a lot of maintenance of the infrastructure in the Oslo area have resulted in this increase of travelers. This local service is mainly transporting commuters to and from work.

This suggestion covers several railway lines, including South Line, Randsfjord Line, Drammen Line and Asker Line (Sørlandsbanen, Randsfjordbanen, Drammenbanen and Askerbanen in Norwegian). This service operates all the way from Kongsberg via Oslo to Eidsvoll, but I chose between Kongsberg and Oslo in the first place.

Technical information:

- Route length: approx. 101 kilometers (169 km. if extending to Eidsvoll)
    of which 48 kilometers is single track and 53 kilometers is double track (Drammen to Oslo).

- Operated by:
    Vy Tog (Local trains) and Go-Ahead Nordic (Regional and long-distance trains)
    as well as CargoNet and Green Cargo freight services operating between Alnabru in Oslo and Ganddal near Stavanger.

- Travel time: 1 hour and 17 minutes

- Maximum speed: 160 km/h

- Power output: 15 kV AC, 16 2/3 Hz

- Track gauge: 1 435 mm, standard gauge

- Steepest gradient: 25 permille, or 1:40.

The train:
    This line is operated by the Stadler FLIRT, alias BM75 in Norway. It is owned by the train rental company Norske Tog AS, and it is rented out to Vy Tog who operates the trains.
    [​IMG]

The route:

You start at Kongsberg on South Line, a town located at the bottom of Numedal valley, and top of Lågendalen valley. The town is known for its historic silver mining industry between 1623 and 1958 and it is today famous for many new technologies. The station was opened in 1871 and it is located 162 meters above sea level. Connection to the Go-Ahead regional trains between Oslo and Stavanger
    [​IMG]

This is Skollenborg, located 163.1 meters above sea level. Opened in 1871, closed in 2012. It is today only a technical station and a meeting point.
    [​IMG]

This is Krekling. Located 126 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1874, closed in 1994. It is now a technical station and a meeting point.
    al_1370.jpg

Next stop is Darbu. Located near Eikeren lake and it is 60.1 meters above sea level. It opened in 1871. Open for passengers and trains are stopping here.
    al_1408.jpg

Next is Vestfossen. Located on the top of Eikeren lake. 22.8 meters above sea level. Opened in 1871 and it is open for passengers and trains are stopping here.
    [​IMG]

The next station is Hokksund. South Line ends here, and we continue on Randsfjord Line. Connection to the regional train operating between Oslo and Bergen, which continues to the north on Randsfjord Line. The station is located 8 meters above sea level.
    [​IMG]
    This is the siding going in to Ring Teigen steel disassembler. Mainly used for disassembling old rolling stock. You can see Randsfjord Line to the left.
    10389Sidespor_inn_til_Teigen.jpg

Next stop is Steinberg. Located 5.4 meters above sea level. Opened in 1906, closed in 2012 but reopened right after again and upgraded for the Stadler FLIRT type BM75.
    [​IMG]
    Next stop, Mjøndalen. Opened in 1866 during the opening of Randsfjord Line. Located 5.2 meters above sea level.
    [​IMG]
    Daler, meeting point and a technical station. Not open for the public.
    3t.png

Next stop is Gulskogen. Located 8 meters above sea level. Opened in 1868.
    [​IMG]

This is Sundland. Located between Gulskogen and Drammen. Shunting area and a train workshop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next station is Drammen. Located 2 meters above sea level. One of Norway's most busiest railway stations, opened in 1866. Connection to Vestfold Line, the Oslo to Bergen train and the Airport Express Train. Randsfjord Line ends here and we continue on Drammen Line on double track on the way to Oslo.
    [​IMG]
    Before we arrive Asker, we will be going through Lieråsen tunnel. It was opened in 1973 and its length is 10 723 meters. It was Norway's longest railway tunnel until 1999.

This is Asker station. Opened in 1872 and located 104.6 meters above sea level. Connection to the Spikkestad Line. We will continue on the Asker Line from here on to Oslo via Skaugum tunnel, Drammen Line continues outside in parallel with us on another double track. We are now approaching the suburban area of Oslo.
    [​IMG]

Next stop is Sandvika. Opened in 1872 and it is located 12 meters above sea level. Both Drammen Line and Asker Line goes through Sandvika.
    [​IMG]
    The train continues through the Tanum tunnel to Lysaker station. Lysaker station was opened in 1872 and it is located 7.5 meters above sea level. Upgraded between 2006 and 2009.
    [​IMG]
    Next stop is Skøyen. 7.3 meters above sea level and opened in 1872. We are now in the urban area of Oslo and we continue in the Oslo tunnel rest of the journey.
    [​IMG]
    This is Nationaltheatret station. Underground railway station. Opened in 1980 and it is located in the city of Oslo. There is only two underground stations in Norway: Nationaltheatret and Holmestrand.
    [​IMG]
    End station Oslo S, or Oslo Sentralstasjon. Largest train station in Norway. Opened in 1987 after the old stations Oslo V and Oslo Ø (Oslo West and Oslo East). Connection to trains to and from Oslo Airport Gardermoen, Trondheim, Halden, Bergen and Sweden. Located 3.7 meters above sea level.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for reading this suggestion, I hope you like it. Please let me know if anything should be edited or something is wrong. Don't forget to response to the poll.

Other suggestions:
    The Flåm Railway

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. zakvdolek

zakvdolek New Member

Honestly I like this idea, but I'd love to see the whole Bergen line, so you could summit through Myrdal. And maybe also hop down to Flam.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  3. elatn

elatn Active Member

I too want the Bergen Line in TSW2, but it may be too long for now, but the time will tell :D I suggested The Flåm Railway a few months back. You can check out the thread here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nsbtog18

nsbtog18 Well-Known Member

I am from Norway so this would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Yes please.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I did the Oslo to Myrdal and then Flam to Bergen via fjord cruise, it was incredible in April. With the snow on the ground, it was beautiful. This must be my #1 most wanted route

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That is one awesome looking train. Give me any route with this train and I'd just buy it for the looks of that train.

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and for the manual it must warn players please don't use DATC and Sifa at the same time that is what you find on the pdf manuals for German Routes like RRO RSN HMA Hamburg-Lübeck Main Spessart Bahn and DDR Riesa-Dresden

9. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Love to see Norway come to TSW 2. The country has got some really epic views of the mountains, especially in winter. The whole landscape becomes something else. I also watched a few cab ride videos from Norwegian drivers perspective on YouTube, mostly single track, but it’s a lot faster than clinchfield and west Somerset. The headlights on Norwegian trains are bright and project out quite a bit. Hopefully the new night lighting that came with BRD can be brought over and really make the route feel alive.

Also a side note; The collectibles must at least include something from the Viking era! Collectible shields would be ace!

• Like Like x 1
  10. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

Nice Blind Guardian picture :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Norway would be a great country to bring to TSW 2 the scenery and the potential for lots of different kinds of trains would be great to see within the game, it could also open up opportunities to expand into Sweden aswell

The last picture of the main station with the hotel instantly made me think of Skam, Thanks to that show it would certainly create nostalgia should the main station ever come to TSW