Tsw 2 - Lu Jubilee Line Featuring All 27 Tube Stops And 1996 Tube Stock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DriverTom700, Jan 3, 2021.

?
  1. Victoria Line

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Jubilee Line

41 vote(s)
    57.7%
  3. Central Line

19 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

I know I am not the only one who now having seen that London Underground routes can be made and to a very high standard, that there is now an general consensus amongst the TSW 2 community for another London Underground route to be put into consideration by Matt and the team. I am confident enough to take a gamble that many TSW fans would favour the Jubilee Line.

I am therefore requesting if Matt or anyone from the team see this to put the Jubilee Line into consideration as a future addon. The route itself is short but not too short and it is fairly long but not crazy long coming in at precisely 22.5 miles or 36.2 Kilometres. The Alstom built trains themselves are phenomenal, probably the most iconic traction motors of the whole tube network and the fastest accelerating tube trains on the network.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

Please, it is my favorite for Canary Wharf and the beautiful '96 stock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The jubilee line stock is the second squeakiest stock after the central line

• Like Like x 1
  4. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

It definitely is beautiful and Canary Wharf indeed is a wonderful station I think the secret to getting it made is if enough of us on the forums and the fanbase in general further promote this request in Matt and the Teams general direction. I mean they probably are aware BUT at the same time they might not be aware of just how many people want this LU line to be made.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Really? I thought it was the other way round. I learn something new everyday.

6. Nidhish Inumala

One question- What about the JLE Platform Edge Doors? Oh, and also- can we have all the corridors (for the green park piccadilly connection tiling)

7. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

If the route gets made then all the stations would be done exactly how they are, so to answer your question at stations such as London Bridge, Southwark, Waterloo, Canary Wharf and so on where there are the platform edge doors those would be incorporated for the route as they are mandatory requirements.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are there any ‘mandatory requirements’ to have screen doors on a simulator game? I’ve never heard that before. They could make those stations without the doors to make it easier to play, or what’s more likely, make a different route so the issue doesn’t arise.

9. Nidhish Inumala

Exactly

• Like Like x 2
  10. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

One of the key aspects of TSW is the realism and accuracy of stations on their routes and of course their trains as well, so in that regard the JLE Platform Edge Doors would need to be incorporated. Furthermore it is not going to have a massive difference on difficulty when playing the route for the main reason that those doors are automatic and are senesced to the opening of the actual trains doors and vice versa. Additionally to your answer of 'are there any mandatory requirements for a simulator' Yes there are because as I have said above ultimately a simulator is designed to give you (especially with this type of a simulator) a realistic depiction of whatever it is which in this circumstances is the route and the trains themselves.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Not in next two years please. By putting a tube in the core I still feel like it was forced on me. Left bad taste in a mouth. I truly believe they did it knowing that it is the only way making the tube route sell by forcing it on people.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to have it and keep it. However, you are a very small minority of the entirety of the TSW fanbase, it wasn't forced upon anyone actually, this was something that most of the TSW fanbase had been calling for and had been waiting very patiently for a very long time. Furthermore most of the fanbase want another route because they enjoy the routes, they operate in interesting areas and lastly, the train stock themselves are fun to operate. Have a good day sir.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kennyjamesscott

Again, most didn't want it. Most want West Coast Mainline

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Many people do. Many more don't
    Some would prefer a network of interesting things to do rather than one line where you go for an hour on greens...
    Give me the South Wales Valley network or North Kent lines (all three take up less than 50 miles) rather than 50 miles of straight line 3 consists (lack of) action

• Like Like x 1
  15. kennyjamesscott

Plus putting it into core game, it kind of was. I'd you want to play TSW you must have that one too.
    While I understand that people want tubes and trams...

I hope we get trains instead like South Western Mainline, Dutch route etc. Underground can wait as it would serve very small group of very loud people

16. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Exactly! At least with tube lines (especially those which go above ground) you get to see different parts of London from a perspective you do not get to see as a passenger. South Wales Valley Network sounds nice actually.

17. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

You're wrong actually it's quite a large group sir.

18. ARuscoe

Unless you live or work in or near London (which I do)
    And depending on which lines they do would have local, regional, intercity and freight options. Personally happy with the local and freight lines

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So, there are no mandatory requirements then, thought not. The doors would not need to be included. It would be up to DTG and TFL in their license agreement to decide if they were to be included. If you look at the station layouts on the Bakerloo route there are differences in station layouts used in the game. In a lot of cases the stations have been simplified to make them easier to reproduce. The same thing could apply here.

The extra difficulty in driving when there are PEDs comes from having to stop inch perfect to line up the doors on the trains exactly with the platform doors. Much more difficult than just stopping at a station within a yard or two and beyond the skill level of most players, I would suggest.

20. kennyjamesscott

Still it did leave a sour taste to find it on core and was a huge let down that makes me belive that any underground route would not be financially viable to create as people would not have bought it if it was a standalone DLC. So please, two years no tube. There are other areas and better routes to discover and create as well as more countries and so on.

21. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

I didn't think of that in terms of the inch perfect side of things that would increase the difficulty level for beginners. Then again there would be as always with TSW 2 fantastic tutorials which people as yourself know can play and play and play again. So there wouldn't be no reason why a player that might find it difficult at first can perfect that skill.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Again, that's your opinion, not fact. But I can see your perspective on it.

23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody forced anything on you. It’s unfortunate for you that you didn’t like all the routes in the base game but if they had included something you like instead there would have been other people who would have been disappointed. Luck of the draw.
    An LU route was a very popular suggestion, and it would have sold as well as a lot of other routes. Lots of people want more which is why there are so many requests for another one. DTG will make one when they see fit. If, as you say, it isn’t financially viable then there’s no need for you to beg DTG not to make one for at least two years.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

The extension stations have never not had these doors so if they weren't there it would be completely unrealistic. No point building the route if you're not going to do it right

• Like Like x 2
  25. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Indeed, that's the point I am trying to make. This simulator prices itself on being extremely detailed, accurate and realistic. So I agree entirely with you they must be incorporated if the route gets made.

26. ARuscoe

That IF is the important part. We can discuss tilt he cows come home, doesn't mean it's going to happen

27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I agree. I was really making a different point about it not being mandatory, rather than it not being ideal. But not making this particular route is a more likely outcome of it having the doors. There are lots of other routes to choose from.

28. ARuscoe

Absolutely. I would actually prefer a tram route to another enclosed underground route, especially if they can get interactive traffic collisions working

29. kevint1972

kevint1972 Member

I lived near an Underground station in 1996 (Oakwood on the Piccadilly Line) and I can still remember the smell of tube carriages in those days (like very old furniture with ground-in dust) so maybe I'm not as nostalgic. :) That said, I'd like to see more tube lines. I think the more overground stretches of rail that the line has, the better. The District Line is I think the most attractive, crossing the Thames and travelling through leafy parts of South London.

30. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

That is a very attractive proposition, the District Line sounds wonderful and of course it uses the new ish S7 tube stock which is even more attractive!

31. Nidhish Inumala

Love S Stock

32. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

After the the effort made on Bakerloo, would you really want them to do another LU line so soon? Another inaccurate route/train with a dead timetable? Not to mention simulation of TBTC, which is totally new ground for TSW.

Also 95TS is theoretically quicker than 96TS, although software-limited in Protected Manual which makes it harder to measure in the real world.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Nidhish Inumala

Sure about the TBTC, but you have to consider that they did TVM430 for the TGV Duplex 2, and will likely come with the Class 395 "Javelin."

Pretty sure the '96 stock sounds better than the '95 with the Alstom motors.

34. RobSkip

TBTC is a rather different kettle of fish, and I was speaking in regard of the OP's claim that the 96TS is the 'fastest accelerating tube train' on the network.

35. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I think the 2009/S is the fastest followed by 1992 - the 1996 stock is relatively under powered compared to the 92 and S stock that have all axles motored. 96 stock has 4 motor cars per 7 train, 95 stock also has 4 motor cars for a 6 car and a more modern IGBT drive so will be faster. IIRC 2009 has 6 motor cars per 8 car train as with more modern drives they realised they had enough performance for the Victoria without sending passengers flying with acceleration.

As for the platform edge doors I wonder if it would be possible to toggle them. So beginners could start with the doors removed, and when they feel more confident tick an option to make them visible and active. I can see it being very frustrating for a new player before they learn the route well enough to line up. I was thinking along those lines because a lot of the popular Japanese suggestions have half height platform edge gates with manually driven stock so was thinking of how to deal with the line up issue

• Like Like x 1
  36. Nidhish Inumala

Can we please not argue about fastest tube stocks and just listen to the beautiful alstom motor (but was it alstom?)

37. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

The sound comes from the VVVF* Inverters - 96 has Alstom GTO** inverters, 1995 Stock has the newer Alstom IGBT*** inverters - this is down to the spec for the 1996 stock being frozen in 1991 and being built before the 1995 stock. There is the possibility that the 1996 stock may be refitted with an IGBT or SiCa**** drive as GTO spares are starting to become harder to come by

* Variable Volage Variable Frequency
    ** Gate Turn Off Thyristors
    *** Integrated Gate BiPolar Transistor
    **** Silicon Carbide MOSFETs

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

Very interesting, it will be interesting to see whether this actually happens.

39. RobSkip

Considering how far behind the 92TS (CLIP) upgrade already is, I'd be quite surprised if we see anything with a similar scope any time soon.

40. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the poll should've been named, "If another deep tube underground line was made, what would be your preferred deep tube underground line that you want to see made." The only options to vote upon are three deep tube lines. That being said, I do support the idea of the Jubliee line being made and maybe if the Metropolitan line is made, they can both be connected although I have my doubts on that

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is a fair point. Another LU route would probably be better off being put off until there are improvements in the dispatcher at least, to enable a better simulation. Part of what DTG will have learnt when doing Bakerloo is that there are certain things that need changing to make it work. Their vision for it was certainly more than what was delivered. It’s probably too soon to do another as it would likely end up with the same issues as Bakerloo. I do like Bakerloo in its current form but it is also obvious it needs to be better, at least in timetable and signalling.

• Like Like x 2
  42. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think if another underground route were to be made, dtg would have to make improvements to the dispatcher anyways. I agree with what you have said though. The bakerloo line was far from perfect

• Like Like x 1
  43. Nidhish Inumala

Understood, petition for them to keep the current motors

44. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Although they would have to add a tsw2 pro range!- the drivers have to do a perfect stop irl otherwise they will have to skip the stop

• Like Like x 1
  45. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

I thought that the Jubilee line was automated. The only one with no automation being the Bakerloo line.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

jubilee line all the way without a doubt the 96 is a brilliant train traction motors have gotta be some of the best sounding in the world, Also since DTG are trying out new features with there new routes maybe they could implement announcements into it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  47. DriverTom700

DriverTom700 Member

No there are train drivers on the Jubilee Line who operate the stock. All tube lines have a designated train driver, I think that you might be thinking of some parts of certain tube lines where automatic door operations are in place.

48. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

No, what I mean is that ATO is used by the driver of the train. (Very simply, the driver presses a button and off the train goes). I may be wrong though.

49. RobSkip

Doors are manually operated by the TOp on all lines, but Central (from 1999), Jubilee (from 2011), Northern (from 2013) and Victoria (from opening) Lines all operate under ATO for the majority.

50. RobSkip

Of course the SSLs will eventually also get CBTC across a good portion via the 4LM, but the rollout has slowed considerably due to some technicalities and funding issues.