Swedish Routes For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loke.hjelmstrom, Jan 6, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

2.0%
  3. Scandinavian routes would be cool

62.0%
  4. Portugese routes are nice

12.0%
  5. Dutch routes would be nice

38.0%
  6. Italian routes seem awesome

22.0%
  7. Other (Comment or create a thread)

6.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. loke.hjelmstrom

loke.hjelmstrom New Member

I have wondered for years why there are no Swedish routes in any train simulator and especially now that we have TSW 2. It's a beautiful game with nice handling and gameplay but i feel like the routes let the game down a bit. We have one route that is not in one of the big three countries (Germany, UK, USA). I think that the game would benefit greatly from routes outside of the obvious countries in the same way that flight simulator does. People that bought Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 usually flew home on their first flight and when Hauptstrecke Munchen - Augsburg was released i got it because Munich is my second home city. It looks great and i think that other people would appreciate going home in TSW 2 aswell. This is why i as a biased Swede want to suggest some route ideas.

Route one: Parts of the Swedish "Västra Stambanan" or the whole route.

Västerås to Stockholm with the Swedish X40. It would stop in Västerås, Enköping, Bålsta and finally Stockholm. This is though a part of the route without Swedish high speed trains since highspeed runs parallell on the other side of the lake which runs along the track.

Skövde to Örebro with X40, X52 and the Swedish Highspeed Train X2000. The X2000 would go as far as Hallsberg and the X40 would continue on to Örebro. The X52 would just go between Skövde and Töreoda which is a 15 min ride. You would Stop in Skövde, Töreboda, Laxå, Hallsberg, Kumla, Örebro södra and Örebro central station. The X52 would not be a necessary train but it could be cool i you made the route 2 stops earlier than Skövde and started from Falköping where you would take the X52 to stop at Falköping, Stenstorp, Skövde And then Töreboda. this would be a bit longer that Skövde to Örebro and feature 2 more stops. The X2000 and X40 would also stop in falköping.

Skövde to Göteborg is also a route that would feature the X2000, X40 and X52 since they all run the whole route although the X40 and X52 fill a similar purpose with the X52 being run by västtrafik and the X40 being run by SJ. You could also add in the X61 which is the local train in Göteborg(Gothenburg) and it goes on the same line as the other trains going in to Göteborg but it stops more regurally. It would be similar to the Munich - Augsburg in the sense that there are local trains stopping at all stations close to the city of gothenburg, regional trains stopping at some of the stops that the local trains stop at and also at some stops along the way to Skövde and High speed trains stopping at the end and starting stations and maby one stop along the way. This is the route i would prefer to have since i live in Skövde and the route is similar to Great Western Express in it's trains and route.

Mariestad To Lidköping which is run with the Y31 DMU and it goes between two cities along the biggest lake in Sweden offering nice views of the Swedish countryside. You would start in Mariestad stopping at, Lugnås, Äsekärr, Österäng, Forshem, Hällekis. Råbäck, Trolmen, Blomberg, Källby, Filsbäck and finally terminating in Lidköping. It would be similar to the main spessart bahn but with a Swedish touch and style to it.

For my last route suggestion i want to suggest something special for everyone. Something that everyone can enjoy. It is a part of the Swedish malmbanan going between Abisko and Narvik in Norway. The route is run by SJ night trains and it is in the arctic circle which means that there is a lot of snow in the winter and most importantly there is a midnight sun in the summer. It is a breathtaking route showing the beauty of Sweden and Norway. It is driven by the Swedish RC 6 and RC 4 Electric locomotives and they pull a combination of SJ Sleeper and Intercity Coaches. The route takes about 1:30 hr to complete and spans 80 km. This route would be like nothing else in TSW 2 or any other train simulator currently on the market which is why it would be a special route for everyone.

Thank you for reading this and i will post some pictures below of the trains that could be featured.

[​IMG]
    X2000

[​IMG]
    X40

[​IMG]
    RC 6 with an X61 to on the other platform

Sources:
    Flight simulator:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Is it strange?
    If they do a UK/US/Germany route and a Swedish Route
    Witch route do they sell most from?.
    Much is economy in this. They need to know that they are getting their money back.
    But if someone pay them much much dollar they can do any route

But I think Narvik to Abisko should be of great interest everywhere. Heavy iron trains and awesome scenery

3. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

Dgt should definitely go outside the 3 big countries. Personally I would like to see Australia and Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Storlien to Ostersund for me, or maybe part of the Inlandsbanan! (I did a very loose interpretation of part of the latter for MSTS many years ago). Or maybe the area around Helsingborg, Malmo and Astorp but set back in the 80's so you can do train ferry operations.

The problem is as already noted, DTG are only going to do what brings in a reasonable return on the investment and never seeing some of the more obscure countries/routes in there only serves to highlight the sad fact we are unlikely to get a publicly available hobby level route editor, where these types of projects usually end up getting crafted.

5. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

W

6. Bertil Persson

Would like to see a Swedish route. Stockholm-Gavle Gothenburg-Skovde or similar with many trains trains. I can wish for Sundsvall- Östersund or malmbanan but there are fewer trains there and there will be no action. GWR, East Coastway and the German routes are good examples of action and different trains Sand. Patch Grade is boring. A ride of 1/2 to 1 hour is quite enough. Trans Pennine is a bit longer but full of action. Almost too busy when driving the class 101 which is a bit similar to the Swedish Y7 though the Y7 DMU has a straight 8 with a heavier sound.

7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

While I know what you're meant to say, it's worth mentioning that they already went outside the big three with France. And technically Canada. And a Swiss Route will also come (by Rivet tho).
    So be patient, over the years to come, other countries will also maybe come. I guess something Austrian (They use the same safety system as in germany) is also very likely. They also seem to show much interest for dutch ans Aussie suggestions. Maybe one day, they have the ressources to cover the development of other routes in other countries. But give them time to do so, it's not an easy process, if they want to make it proper.

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes I just watched the Storlien to Ostersund cab ride on YT. Seems less scenic than I remember though quite fast in places, so probably not much to offer (then again, Cane Creek... ).

I only travelled once on a Y7 in Sweden, though I believe we actually have one here in the UK preserved on the Nene Valley Railway. Rest of my journeys on the Inlandsbanan etc. were on the newer Y1 railcars which were nice and comfortable with a pleasant engine sound too.

9. Hrafninn

Hrafninn New Member

Swedish routes would be wonderful. Would be cool to see something a bit more obscure, like "Roslagsbanan" that runs from Stockholm to northeastern suburbs/rural areas. Not sure how much interest there would be for it though to justify it financially.

10. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Sweden would be a nice co in try to have. I would also love to have Denmark on there, but if they made the Øresundbane, then I would be just as happy! :)
    My preferred route in Sweden would be from Stockholm to Uppsala because I know that it’s quite a beautiful route with freight and passenger.
    But the route I would love most is Aalborg to Aarhus in Denmark. But we’re talking about Sweden! :)

11. Bertil Persson

Yes, I hope to make a Y1 trip after covid. They'll soon be gone, replaced by newly bought and overhauled LINT DMU:S. The red german one you can see on the left at the TS 2021 start screen.

12. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

Czech Republic would be nice because then we could connect Germany and Austria better not to forget Poland.

13. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

It looks DLC I would buy

14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and one of these routes should feature IORE 15kv 16 2/3hz twin section electric locomotive the bigger version of RRO 185.5

• Like Like x 1
  15. wgrn#6154

wgrn#6154 Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/Øresundtog-helsingør-københavn-h-kastrup-malmö-c-se.45113/

16. Noikar

Noikar New Member

Yes SL Line 40 would be amazing! That's Uppsala Centralstationen <-> Södertälje Centralstationen commuter route

17. Bertil Persson

Yes you’re right about Nene Valley and the Y7. There’s some good stuff on YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Which line is this cab video for? It shows the journey between Stockholm and Falun, on an InterCity service with a Rc6 loco. Does anyone know the name of the line? I looked up several lines with Stockholm and Falun but have no clear confirmation. The surroundings are so nice, as is the loco.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  19. Bertil Persson

Hopefully this google map link works. The company i SJ (former Swedish State Rairways)

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/Falu...7d3679d7766!2m2!1d18.0685808!2d59.3293235!3e3