Full Keyboard And Mouse Support For Consoles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tubefan1973, Jan 6, 2021.

1. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Hey, so as I am sure you are all aware you can use a keyboard on an Xbox or PlayStation, but some keys aren't mapped (The Breaks!) so my proposal is, while DTG are implementing External Hardware on PC, take 2 hours out of your day to add full Keyboard and mouse support, I struggle to hold a controller for long periods of time due to injuries in my hands and fingers so only way for me to play TSW is with a keyboard and it gets annoying having to reach for my controller for the breaks and doors (oh! Yeah, add them to keyboards too, use Insert for Left. Home for All. And Page up for right)
    Mouse support has been hankered after by the console communities for ages (since console release) yet DTG have failed to add this support for them, once again this is a case of, PC are getting Raildriver, TrackIR and ANY DEVICE THEY WANT, while consoles are stuck with a controller or a keyboard that doesn't work WITHOUT a mouse to complement it. Do what your console community wants and add this support and don't favour PC when it comes to External hardware and Base game Control Options. Please get a UI artist to add this TrainSim-Matt DTG Protagonist And just out of interest, how hard is it to add mouse support on consoles, and why havent you added it if PC are getting any external hardware?
    Thanks,
    Tubefan

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Daniel Christopher

Daniel Christopher Member

Yes! This is very much needed for some less casual TSW console players.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

From what they said on the stream, external hardware such as RD is not possible on console without building the hardware itself specifically for consoles, so unless a new RD version for consoles is released DTG is not able to do anything with it. Don't know about mouse and full keyboard support though.

As they said on the stream this is an area they seem to be working on, with the final objective being to be able to map any function to any button you want (if I understood that correctly). So at that point the only missing thing would be mouse support.