Load Times

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RailFan97, Jan 6, 2021.

1. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

I love playing TSW but find it very frustrating that you have to wait for the set load time before closing the doors. It's unlikely that Bakerloo Line trains always wait 20 seconds before departing. Likewise, you can feel like your sitting in the station for ages on Great Western Railway. Is there any way of turning these off?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Nope.

The passengers' loading times on Bakerloo is 15 seconds. You can close the doors 5 seconds in advance and depart just in time if you wish. Be aware that if you close too soon, the game will force you to open the doors again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I believe that reflects RW policy. London Underground, Regio Bahn etc etc mandate that passengers get X seconds to board and debark.

4. Trenomarcus

Fair enough. But the bugged behavior of TSW is that the time for closing the doors is not taken into account, and has been like this since the beta.

5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I alwaysthought this was the way it is intended to be. Really like it as well, and sometimes necessary with bakerloo or German s Bahn services in order to stay on time without sweating too much.

6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Despite I understand the reason for the post we are talking here about dedicating around 3 minutes more in the whole line ride for the passenger loading operations including all stations together. Is this so frustrating really in a 60 minutes ride? I mean... You can also waste a similar amount of time if you drive 10% below the exact limit on the whole ride, so to say.

Normally the requested arriving/departing time precision is around 1 or 2 minutes at each stop in most routes (even 3 minutes at some main line routes), so there´s room for such delays and for not so optimal driving as well. Indeed the game intervals are even too extreme for a real railway as trains most of the time don´t even reach the 5 minutes target precision unless you are using a fully automated driving system (driverless).

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Trenomarcus

That's not true, sorry, especially on Bakerloo.

Also, you cannot sum up the time lost during the entire ride but only in a specific interval between two stops.

8. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

The 1-2 min interval I meant before is the one typically set by game for arriving to stops, loading and departing.

Cheers

9. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

I really hope DTG takes it seriously and improve passenger loading functionality in future TSW versions. In current state it's very basic, boring, not flexible and unrealistic. But I understand - they had to start from somewhere. At least passenger loading process is animated. What we need is more flexibility, more intelligent passengers who can open doors when driver unlocks them. And when loading process visually ends You just lock doors and proceed. When in DOO mode (Driver Only Operated). And animated guard when in Guard Mode. I hate this timer that was intended to be replacement for the real functionality.

10. solicitr

If they're going to rework NPC behavior, then it would be nice if they took shelter from the rain... and if all of them got off at the end of the line. It's kind of ridiculous to drive an out-of-service back to the depot for the night with half the seats filled.

11. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

You would also struggle to find any commuter service that stays at a station for longer than 40 seconds to a minute if there isn’t dwell time built into the timetable.

12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The game isn’t advanced enough to work with real time loading - so if you’re late, you’d still have to wait for a minimum of a minute, for example. One of the few limitations with the loading times in TSW.

13. solicitr

Just like in real life. Passenger load times are sacrosanct as a matter of policy, no matter how late you're running. Passengers, after all, are the whole reason the train exists.