Fictional Nyc Subway Based System.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by SgtBreadSt1ck, Dec 30, 2020.

1. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

Hello. My suggestion is to make a fictional NYC Subway based system. What this means is the trains and structures remain the same but DTG can make their own route and system. Things that should be included are 3-4 Routes. 1-2 A Division routes and 2 B Division routes. The trains included should be the R40(S), R42, R46, R68A, R62, R142A, R143, R160A/B, and the R179. The trains should also have route bullets on the front. Another line and train that should be included would be a PATH based line. One line. One train. The PA-5.

Now, why am I suggesting a Fictional route than an actual NYC Subway route? I will answer this.

1. DTG doesn't seem too interested in making a full-fledged route. Instead, they should make a fictional one and give us the assets and trains so the community can make the route themselves.

2. It is more probable that DTG would make a fictional route as it would be less time-consuming and won't be as difficult as the complex system we all know as the NYC Subway.

Other questions.

1. What about licensing for the MTA/PATH Logo? Simple. Don't use MTA/PATH affiliated logos. (I am not too sure if you need licensing from the car builder themselves)

If any references are needed, I am a 25-minute walk or 6-minute bus ride to the system. Please consider DTG. If you won't make an NYC Subway route, give us the assets and trains so we can do it ourselves.

Pictures of the train cars below.

NYCT Subway
    St. Louis R40(S)
    [​IMG]

St. Louis R42
    [​IMG]

Pullman Standard R46
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki Rail Car Company R68A
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki Rail Car Company R62
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki Rail Car Company R142A
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki Rail Car Company R143
    [​IMG]

Alstom R160A/Siemens R160B (Propulsion differences mostly.)
    [​IMG]

Bombardier Inc. R179
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki Rail Car Company PA-5
    [​IMG]

A message for DTG Developers. Please highly consider as people want the NYC subway in TS2021 and TSW2. If you won't build an NYC Subway route, then at least give us what we need and we will do it ourselves.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Why not make the real thing while you're at it? I think the reason we're not getting a subway route is the lines are too small, and the lack of variety, it's just stopping at a passenger station over and over. No freight at all. (One way to combat this would be MoW scenarios).

3. SgtBreadSt1ck

The subway lines can get pretty long, up to 32 miles on the A. Plus there is the S&B Railroad Near the L, N, D, 3. Also if we talk variety in rolling stock, there are multiple.

• Like Like x 2
  4. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, it would be great to have the actual subway system in the simulator. MoW equipment such as the flatcars, R77, R156 and de-icer or track geometry cars would make for an interesting variety of scenarios in the subway system for both revenue service and non-revenue service. Maybe even have simulated station stops for trains that are testing before entering passenger service.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

This is a very odd request, to want something fictional while showing real-life equipment. As stated, the real thing would of course be welcomed as it is something people resonate with more. otherwise, I would certainly love to have an NYC-based Subway route/network in TS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SgtBreadSt1ck

It is an odd request but considering they did something similar with the 1938 stock, I wouldn't mind a fictional route based off NYC transit.