North American Passenger Route Poll 2021

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GoldenTicket420, Jan 3, 2021.

?
  1. Newyork city subway (NYCTA) [Any]

43 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Chicago (CTA) [Any]

27 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Metro North New Haven

21 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. North East Corridor (NEC) Washington DC to Baltimore

50 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) [Any]

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. Toronto subway line Bloor - Danforth

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. NJ Transit (NJT)

34 vote(s)
    18.7%
  8. Peninsula corridor (Electrified)

15 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Path Train ( NYC)

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. Amtrak [Any]

82 vote(s)
    45.1%
  11. La metro link

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. Pacific surfliner

25 vote(s)
    13.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Happy new year everyone!

Hi my name is G T Im a dedicated train enthusiast/EX railfanner
    Train Sim World Expert/Veteran,Im paralyzed from the neck down,but no worries thankfully Im still able to play TSW 2 just with 1 arm,and mastered 7 out of 9 routes i own :) ..I love the challenge of learning new routes and locomotives around the world.I play TSW literally everyday at least 15hrs mastering everything to perfection and also looking for bugs and potential fixes for fun.Im TSW addict lol

I made this poll to help DTG get a better idea on what Train Sim World fans would like to see next for 2021.I picked the most popular North American "passenger"routes.IF i happened to miss any please comment your suggestion down below thank you.

I make high quality professional Train Sim World 2 videos,everything from How To's,No Hud No Error's Drives,Virtual Railfanning and alot more.Check out channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GTGoldenTicket420

(NO COMMENTARY). Please read descriptions!* Hope you all enjoy cheers!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going with NYC Subway, with PATH, the Chicago "L", and Metro North following closely behind.

Also, NYC Subway is just NYCT/MTA. The old NYCTA Name is not used anymore.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. evanm#7382

evanm#7382 New Member

I personally would like to see a Metrolink route, from LA to either San Bernardino or Riverside. We already experienced LA to San Diego in Train Sim with the Pacific Surfliner route, or hell even remake that route in TSW2. Not really a fan of the whole San Fran thing that we currently have, but then again thats because I'm from SoCal and we were born and raised to dislike NorCal haha.

Or maybe even a kinda/sorta lightrail but not really would be the LA Metro Train. That would be fun IMO.

4. ZeenozPlays

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I voted for more LIRR branches because it doesn't feel busy due to the lack of branch lines and the incorrect timetable in the current route as well

• Like Like x 3
  6. Boromere619

Boromere619 New Member

I voted for the Northeast Corridor Washington DC to Baltimore route because Train Sim World 2 doesn’t have a Amtrak route yet

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I went with any Amtrak route, though I would welcome a Chicago Metra line which is not in the poll.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Boromere619

Boromere619 New Member

So what happens when a route gets the most votes on this poll GT2?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZeenozPlays

I wish I could vote for multiple things. I would've given one to NYC Subway, PATH, Metro-North, DC-Baltimore, and More LIRR Branches.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Probably nothing. It's really just to see what the community favors in terms of routes. If DTG wants to look at this when they are deciding between new NA routes, they can. So right now, Amtrak is leading, that was almost always a given route to come back to TSW, but then you see NJTransit, which could be included in that Amtrak DLC, then you see NYC Subway, which hasn't gotten any love yet, and can be made in the future with a little test line like the SIR.

• Like Like x 2
  12. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Metro-north, LIRR, NYC subway, CTA, and line 2 in Toronto

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZeenozPlays

To add to this, The amount of services, and the various service patterns that makes the system very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I have a gut feeling that the Surfliner is going to be on the roadmap soon. I would like to see a Pacific NW corridor route

15. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I picked the LIRR without any hesitation, mostly because it would benefit greatly from a rebuild/ a new branch. The LIRR is absolutely filled with potential, especially when there isn't really anything else like it here in the U.S.
    On top of that, there's been a lot of improvements made to the game and route creation in general, and I would love to see them take another shot at it. With a working PIS system on board trains and at stations, more rail and road traffic, improved ACSES and other safety systems, and of course...the Manhattan/Long Island City skyline appearing in the distance as you drive towards Penn Station. I think it'll make perfect sense if they could also introduce more rolling stock, such as the DM30AC, or the new M9's.
    The current LIRR DLC we have now just barely scratches the surface , there is soo much more that can be done with it!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ZeenozPlays

I'd take another LIRR Route If that was the only thing we could get. But I wouldn't take it over some of the other things like PATH, Metro-North, or even NYC Subway.

Sure I'd like to see the Port Washington Branch, or an Extension to Babylon/Ronkonkoma, but I'd rather be traveling down the Park Av Viaduct on an M7A/M3A with MNRR, or Taking a PA5 to the World Trade Center with the PATH, or even taking an R62A 1 Train down Broadway and seeing Harlem from above.

LIRR is great, but I think they need to explore the whole NYC Transportation network.

If they can only do LIRR, give us the whole system or at least a whole branch line instead of having it cut off at certain points.

I respect everyone's opinion on what route they would prefer, this is just how I feel about any NYC-Area routes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

The lirr has a ton of potential and could use a timetable redo and more lines

• Like Like x 1
  18. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

If they extend LIRR I hope they add the other locos

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll extend the lirr route with a diesel route like port Jefferson or oyster bay.

20. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

the electrified caltrain is not coming out for a longgg time

21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's not even completely finished in real life yet.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ZeenozPlays

Seeing the M9 would be nice.

23. ZeenozPlays

It needs a major face lift or a remake altogether.
    More accurate stations.
    Update Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, and Nostrand Av.
    New Rolling Stock, DM30AC, M9, and possibly some rolling stock for the NY&A Railroad.
    And an extended route, all the way to Babylon and Port Washington.

Now for the Timetable, don’t have trains terminating or handing off to another operator at certain places they would never do that. Please.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

Exactly because in real life, train operators don't hand their train over to another train driver at Hicksville. Ronkonkoma branch drivers would do the entire journey from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma. That is simply unrealistic and yes the lirr can use an extension to Port Washington or Ronkonkoma and an updated and accurate timetable for the Ronkonkoma and Hempstead Branches

• Like Like x 2
  25. ZeenozPlays

Yup.

26. ZeenozPlays

Nice to see that NYC Subway is now top 2.

• Like Like x 1
  27. ZeenozPlays

Not for the ACS, People are probably voting for one of the Cab Cars and Acela.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Or Amtrak in general, which can range from their state owned corridors to the Long Distance Trains to the NEC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

At this point, I'll take any American passenger route as it's been massively underappreciated in TSW 2.

We haven't received an American passenger route since Peninsula Corridor in August of 2019!!
    We also haven't received anything American passenger DLC since the M3 in May of 2020!
    Even if you look at the roadmap there is no sight of anything passenger-related set in the US.
    Don't forget about NEC not being ported to TSW 2 too.

It's a real bummer.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  30. mrchuck

I hope they’ll do something like MBta commuter rail service from Boston to providence or Boston to Fitchburg.

• Like Like x 1
  31. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I want the Pacific Surfliner. The new Siemens SC44 Chargers are a cool diesel. I like the spoilers on the Surfliner versions. Also, maybe if DTG gets the rights from BNSF, we could get BNSF diesels on the route. Plus, we'd get Amtrak, Coaster (needs BNSF rights as well), UP, and Surfliner trains. For freight trains, I want a UP (and/or BNSF) ET44AC, Amtrak SC44 Charger, and either a Genset Switcher, GP15, or GP60 in UP (or BNSF) liveries.

• Like Like x 4
  32. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I vote for the LIRR. Really, I would like to see all rail lines throughout the tri state area be in the same map. I definitely wouldn't mind all subway lines.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would to see this as well, but it is going to take a massive change of heart with BNSF to allow branded stuff to be sold around the world.

34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Considering these interesting points, I find it hard to believe that anyone would want more LIRR as the next US passenger route. Imagine waiting all that time for the new US passenger route to turn out to be more LIRR. There are other railroads, some of them aren’t even in NYC. I know the current in-game LIRR route isn’t the best but it is already in the game and there has to be some more variety, as it’s not just New Yorkers that buy US routes. I voted Amtrak as that covers a few options.

• Like Like x 6
  35. ZeenozPlays

It's not just New Yorkers, but New York and the East Coast always comes up when talking about American Passenger Rail. The East Coast (Mainly NYC) has the most popular rail systems in North America with Amtrak, LIRR, NJT, Metro-North, and NYCT. That's why most of the votes went to things in and around NYC and mostly MTA Related. There is clearly heavy demand for routes in NYC, hence why NYCT was voted third in line behind Amtrak and NJT. It doesn't have to be LIRR as there are other options like NYCT/NJT/PATH/MNRR & Amtrak.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  36. tallboy7648

And hey if people don't want more lirr content, they don't have to buy it

• Like Like x 1
  37. ZeenozPlays

Exactly. If you don't want it, don't buy it, just sit back and enjoy the rest of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I found the LIRR to be quite boring and not to mention buggy - in fact I refunded my purchase as it just didn't seem up to the standard of the German, for example, suburban operations. The track graphic looked poor, the sound was poor, signalling and speeds didn't match the HUD not to mention the location of the next objective icon neatly obscured the signal visibility. The intensive timetable also meant I couldn't even get one save to load without failing.

I voted for NYC as it would be nice to have something other than WOS, BVE or the ancient stuff in Trainz to drive. LA Metrolink especially if it pushed out to Palmdale through Soledad Canyon. Then anything Amtrak but preferably long distance stuff - Denver to Granby would be neat or failing that maybe a section of the Kansas City to St Louis via Sedalia route (lots of scope for freight on that, too).

• Like Like x 2
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not a case of not buying it if they make it, it’s more of a case of there already being a LIRR route in the game, and DTG should add more variety by making something else first. There is more to passenger rail in the US than LIRR. Something different from the NY area would be better, as you said yourself there are plenty of other options, but something from a different area of the country would also be desirable.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ZeenozPlays

I would prefer something other than LIRR as well, but the point that there's already an LIRR Route in the game just doesn't make sense when there are other routes in the game that has the same operating companies, like all of the routes with S-Bahn and the two ICE Routes in the game.

• Like Like x 6
  41. LawJ30

LawJ30 New Member

While routes like the Metro North or New Jersey Transit would be cool, I feel like improving the LIRR might be the most beneficial. The LIRR might have one of if not the most potential compared to any other route and none of that has been taken advantage of. The signals are horrible, the timetable is dead, the sounds are no good and the route has so much unused opportunities. To start though is the horrible choice of ending the route at Hicksville. Yes, Hempstead branch is a complete run but Hicksville was just a bad choice altogether. I propose a new route style expansion or the LIRR to boost the network feel it tends to lack. I’ve seen first hand that the DM30AC probably won’t make it to the game due to the lack of reference material required to create it so let’s put that out of the picture for now.

Based off that we should plan on just having an electric train based offering. The expanded route should extend from Hicksville to Ronkonkoma which is about 15 or so miles. Now, the LIRR also has a whole other side we have not seen yet. On the North shore we have the Ronkonkoma, Hempstead, Oyster Bay and Port Jefferson branches which come off the main line. However, there is still the south shore Atlantic branch that has yet to be explored. Those branches include Far Rockaway, Long Beach, West Hempstead and the Montauk branch (electric trains terminate in Babylon). With the assumption that the diesel fleet cannot be recreated, the combination of Far Rockaway, Long Beach and West Hempstead could make a fantastic network. Don’t go under the assumption however that it’s too long ( the mileage) combined. The mileage in total would be around 30-40 miles. The reasons I have decided to leave out Babylon is because of how boring and repetitive it is. It’s completely elevated with just station stop after station stop. Wouldn’t make for a very appealing experience without the diesels that would go past Babylon. We should however get part of the Montauk branch up to Lynbrook which includes the section with St. Albans as West Hempstead trains use it along with some Long Beach and Far Rockaway trains being diverted there on rare occasions. I’d also go as far as to say Harold interlocking and Penn station should be revamped also but this isn’t a post about detail more about options. This new expansion should most definitely come with completely revamped trains with brand new sounds, a new and BUSY timetable and a working signals system which the current route severely lacks. So that is my take as to why LIRR deserves a second chance over brand new routes. The amount of potential it possesses is just beyond comprehension.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  42. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

And also what's the point of a LIRR DLC and u have NO TIMETABLES to and from both Li City and Hunterspoint Av, but a lousy scenario or 2 lousy scenarios thats posed to fill in the gap..As a long time NYer, overall the LIRR dlc was terrible and disappointed...."busiest commute" and yet the Timetables feel dead to the extreme!!And don't get me started on the Belmont Park train service having relay on a Babylon track outside Jamaica..Thats so goofy lol

• Like Like x 1
  43. ZeenozPlays

I agree with this, but I wouldn't expect DTG to do anything with LIRR except giving it Countdown Clocks and PIS.

As a New Yorker, I am disgusted with how LIRR was handled in-game.

• Like Like x 2
  44. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

As someone who bought an "authentic" recreation of a "bustling" route, featuring some of the worlds "busiest" stations, i'm disgusted.

• Like Like x 2
  45. tallboy7648

They modeled the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma branch timetables incorrectly. If they added the correct amount of services, it would make the route feel a bit more busier but ultimately two lines will not capture the hustle and bustle of the MTA Long Island Railroad. In reality there are 10 lines in total in the LIRR and we only got two lines that had incorrect timetables. Heck we didn't even get 12 car trains for the Ronkonkoma branch like there would be in reality

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

I mean in order to get timetable services to Long Island City Station, they would need to include the de30s since they are the only trains that actually go there since and the Ronkonkoma and Hempstead Branch trains don't go to Huntersport Ave or LI City in reality

47. tallboy7648

I agree with this but I doubt that will happen since dtg are stubborn with route expansions. They did a poor job with how they made the lirr in general and as a new yorker, I'm disgusted. Inaccurate scenery, lighting in alantic terminal, sounds for both the m3/m7 and the incorrect timetable for the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma Branches and not getting the full Ronkonkoma Branch timetable I think it should get a second chance because it could've easily been the best passenger route in tsw.

48. mrchuck

Yes they would definitely need to include The De30s if they added Long Island city to timetable and they would definitely need to create a diesel route for it I think the port Jefferson route or oyster bay route.

• Like Like x 1
  49. MrbKlegend89

Exactly my issue, im hearing they didn't receive enough info on the DE30ACs, I feel something ain't right with that excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  50. MrbKlegend89

Not to mention the useless so called "Port Washington" shuttle part lol