Tpws Problem On Wcml South

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 749006, Jan 5, 2021.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I reported a problem to the Support Page and got a ticket

Today I got an email from DTG
    "Hello Peter,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your ticket. We are currently experiencing extremely high demand for support right now, and we hope you can forgive the amount of time it has taken to get to your ticket.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
    We value your feedback and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The issue below has been documented and flagged for further investigation by the development team. Issues will be prioritised upon receipt based on how severely they affect gameplay.
    • Class 390 - the signal WM488 before Euston Station causes a TPWS application when showing a single yellow aspect. The player is stopped with an emergency brake applications.
    The best way to keep up to date with this issue and more is to monitor our official community channels for updates.

Kind Regards,

Chris Medlock
    Customer Support Advisor
    Dovetail Games Customer Support"

When I log in to view the Ticket DTG have CLOSED it without AFAICT actually doing anything

DTG Jamie , DTG Natster , DTG Protagonist - Any Comment?

What is the point of reporting problems if they are going to be ignored?

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Does Closed mean the same as Resolved? Not in the many years of games testing and bug reporting I have under my belt at least.

Closed = Acknowledged and logged with Dev team but needs no further input from report/ticket stage.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It just seem strange that is shows Closed rather than something like "in Progress" or "Active"
    They must do it differently in the gaming community compared with companies outside.

I was reporting a problem to Chris Trains and the Ticket was considered to be Active until it was resolved.

Peter

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I honestly can't speak for DTG's way of doing things but for other Game Devs this has been the case, but even then there can be inconsistencies between whoever responds to the reported bug, some would close, others would merge and close, others would forward it to say a map Dev (and recorded it as such), only ever seen resolved on actual end user fixed (whether released to the general public yet or not) issues though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Closed refers to the ticket. It means that there is no further dialogue needed to progress any further.

As stated in the message the issue you've encountered has now been logged which means that at some point it will be investigated by the QA team, and if the problem can be reproduced and the dev team are assigned to resolve it, it'll be worked on.

More succinctly, the issue may not be resolved but the support ticket is - there is nothing more the support team can do for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

So.. exactly what I said then, would it have killed you to quote me or even give me a like?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for the Explanation

8. Ewan Whiteside

Ewan Whiteside New Member

I think it was good of Sam to reply and give you an update on this. I wouldn’t worry about him not liking your posts - seems petty, buddy.

Closing a ticket means it’s been ‘Actioned’ by a team member. If this ticket was in progress until they pushed a fix, there would be hundreds of open tickets for support, and they already have tonnes to do. Some tickets would remain open for years as if the bug does not require an urgent fix, it won’t be done immediately. Closing a ticket is the correct thing to do, as the support assistant will have assumed that by you knowing it’s been passed on to devs, that it’s been actioned.

in IT support, tickets stay open or in progress as it is then that carries out the fix and they just do that, but there is nothing else for the customer support staff member to do here, hence closing it clears their ‘open tickets’ allowing them to work effectively and gives them a higher score on their support system for sorting problems and closing tickets, a low score would indicate to a team leader they’re not doing a great job (which isn’t the case here) by leaving tickets active and unsorted.

Hope this helps

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So basically it's about getting more tickets shown as cleared than actually fixing a problem.

In the last 14 years of my Railway career I was in the Train Planning Section for a certain company that operates in the North(ern) part of the country and when we raised a ticket with our IT it stayed open until it was agreed the ticket was closed.
    Not "we will close it now and you might get a fix sometime"

We will wait and see if it gets fixed but with the help of other people on another forum a solution was found

Peter

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I'd not hold my breath if I were you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I also work in software and we do not close tickets for issues that remain unresolved.