Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. johnpaulread07

johnpaulread07 New Member

I believe so. I just looked up Gillingham station on google earth and I spotted the bridge and the speed limit marker, but I can't find a way to put the picture up on here unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

There is no station for these services between Gravesend and Northfleet so I think it is likely these could be like the trains at Brighton on the east coastway route where you have undriveable london-brighton main line and west coastway class 377 trains come in and out of portals just out of sight. Or they might just let you drive the one stop to Northfleet if they have modelled the station. I don't know which class of train they use though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yes, I was also thinking along the lines of what we've seen on East Coastway, so not driveable but they add extra traffic and I think do wonders for immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Approach control exists but it doesn't exist in the rulebook, as a driver you are taught that all signals are either manually controlled, semi automatic or automatic, however it's drilled into you that approach control DOES NOT exist to mitigate the risk of speeding towards a red signal and it not clearing and you SPADing.

The font of the UK PSR boards is accurate imho.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Finlay

Finlay Member

Ok thanks but where will the player service end on the route dlc

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They said in a stream that the reason why ts routes are being made for tsw2 is due to the pandemic. Now this route could've been planned pre-covid but the main reason why dtg are remaking ts2021 routes that were in the roadmap for tsw2 is because of the pandemic according to them. It's much easier as well since they have reference to work with

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I missed this yesterday, it looks very nice and I am really looking forward to this DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Rochester and Faversham with perhaps some terminating at Gillingham if DTG have implemented the full timetable. Here is what a typical Class 375 journey looks like with the red lines marking the run in TSW:

Screenshot (175).png

And here is an example Class 395 service from London to Faversham going the length of the route in TSW. Takes about an 1 hour and 5 minutes from end to end:

Screenshot (174).png

• Like Like x 10
  9. J4mes

J4mes Member

Well if that is the case, this gets even better! Just after this Footbridge you go into a Tunnel which actually goes under my Parents house and you can actually hear the Train pass by underneath when you sit in the Front Room!

I also hope they that Dovetail have implemented a rule that when you pass under this bridge you have to give tones to the people on the bridge above! I remember being a kid and spending loads of time on that very Bridge waving at the passing trains below and they would always oblige with either a wave or tones or in the best case, both! Below is the bridge in real life! I don't think a bad job has been done on it!

800px-Balmoral_Gardens_footbridge_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1671828.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  10. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...sad but true, me thinks. Best-case representation of the route in the pics... likely not what any console user will see unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Great job again! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

How many stops will the Class 375 have along this route?

13. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The 375 serves the 8 stations from Rochester to Faversham, taking just over half an hour.

I've also noticed Southeastern seem to run local services from Strood to Charing Cross via Gravesend on Sundays but Thameslink run the service the rest of the time, so these could be more potential services for the 465.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I’m hoping there is services to faversham that split and couple up and 12 car 395s and 12 car 375s

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are almost no daytime services that start at Gillingham any more, since Thameslink took over the North Kent routes from Southeastern. So unless the unit is running out of Gillingham depot empty to Strood or Gravesend there won't be much 465 action on the route at all (IF it's set present day, which it is likely not to be for this reason)
    More likely the route will be set pre-2015 when Thameslink started on the route, so the 465s can run from Gillingham to Northfleet or Swanscombe, depending on how far past Springhead DTG have taken the route

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Going off the artwork, the 395's have the 2019 HS1 anniversary logos, so it seems likely that it will be set as it is now, but I do agree that it would make more sense for the 465 DLC for the route to be set pre 2015.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Thanks. I hope these services provide a good amount of replayability.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

I guess we shall see where the route ends to the west of springhead

19. Finlay

Finlay Member

I think 7 or 8

20. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It is indeed. As you can see in the picture from a cab ride video below, this is the bridge modelled in the teaser image.

1E47CCCB-D6F3-4769-9F84-A91556CBFBBA.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. londonmidland

For any of you guys asking when the route is set in, this teaser image shows the NEW Rochester Station, which opened in December 2015. So for a safe bet, I’d say the line and services will be set sometime around 2016. No earlier than 2018 as this is when Thameslink took over some SouthEastern services with their Class 700s.

upload_2021-1-9_20-12-53.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The artwork is showing the 395 with the 10 years celebration of high speed line 2009-2019 so it’ll be set in 2019 if we’ll get this livery and not just for the artwork

• Like Like x 6
  23. Articuno

Yeah I'd say its very likely to be set around the present year (or 2019). Especially considering the class 395 livery. There are still class 465s that operate on the London Victoria to Ramsgate/Dover Priory services so its probably likely that the class 465 dlc will just substitute into services that the 375 will do in timetable mode from Rochester to Faversham.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Looking forward to its release and will be purchasing it. The few screenshots are looking good. It is a shame there isn't a bit more to the classic section of the route to be honest.

Will be quite interesting to have the contrast between the modern and "classic" parts of the route.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

If it is set in 2019, then is there the potential for Class 700s as DLC for services from Rainham?

• Like Like x 2
  26. J4mes

J4mes Member

That would be good, but as far as I understand the 700 is run by Thameslink and goes onto somewhere like Luton (Bedfordshire). Wouldn't really have the stations on this route to cater for this class of EMU.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Articuno

To be fair though, this would be a run of around 30 minutes from Northfleet to Rainham, which is similar in length to the Faversham to Rochester portion of the line that the 375s and 465s will run on. Though I think its more likely that the class 700 gets used for a potential London to Brighton route, and then adds a Northfleet to Rainham layer onto this route.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Where will the 395 be stabled as Ashford and Ramsgate depot won’t be in the game

• Like Like x 2
  29. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Wow, this route is looking good! Great job DTG in making the first modern British high speed route, other than GWE. I’m considering whether or not to buy this route, but most likely I’ll wait till reviews are out so I can see if the route is worth the money or not.

• Like Like x 3
  30. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've already got the money aside for this one. As much as I'd love to be travelling the slow lines into Charing X and Cannon Street, I still love driving around this bit of the country. Maybe one day the line through Greenwich and Charlton will be an option but for now this'll do quite nicely, thank you very much.

• Like Like x 6
  31. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I think probably the reason why DTG have gone for a class 465 add-on rather than a class 700 add-on for SEHS is that they don't currently have the Thameslink license from Govia to make it possible, and they have said that everything they do needs a license.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  32. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I am wondering for this route but you see how much chatter a UK route brings DTG? DTG Natster we have a varied and colourful rail network. And there should be more in TSW! I hope we do end up with more London Termini as well as local services.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Looks...

I'm excited :)

• Like Like x 2
  34. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Partially correct. Yes the red stripe above the door indicates the disabled access I beleive bu the orange stripe that runs along the whle length of the train is to warn (usually drivers and guards) about the possibility that there are overhead live wires above. Thats why its called the "cant stripe". It should be on every locomotive and multiple unit in the UK. 08454 Willesden Depot 1.jpg 20190511_165051.jpg 20201025_145444.jpg
    Although I dont see the Cant stripe on the new livried versions of the 444's and 450's VideoCapture_20210102-151500.jpg VideoCapture_20210102-151412.jpg

Hope this helps

Hentis
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  35. Finlay

Finlay Member

If we are getting both liveries , then do you think when driving an 8 car 375 we would get one unit in white and one in blue as this would be more realistic

• Like Like x 1
  36. Articuno

True but given that Govia is the same company that own Southern, Southeastern and Gatwick Express, all of which DTG have licenses for (these brands are all in TS Classic), it seems incredibly unlikely they wouldn't be able to get a licence - its likely they already have one but have just not used it yet.

I remember a few years ago (possibly before TSW was released) that DTG actually had a page on their corporate website showing the logos of all the train companies they had licenses for - unfortunately I can't seem to find it now though, maybe they deleted it.

• Like Like x 3
  37. ARuscoe

Southeastern isn't the same company as Thameslink, even if the parent company (GTR) is the same
    TS classic licensing doesn't mean that it automatically applies to TSW (or TSW2)
    The 700 hasn't appeared in TSx so there's likely some other reason as to why, maybe it's not GTR that have the issue but another company with IP rights over the unit

• Like Like x 3
  38. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the license will only apply to the game(s) they negotiated with the license holder and only then will apply specifically to what each company agrees to. It's not as simple as getting a license from a company and being able to do whatever you want with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Articuno

I didn't mean to say they were the same company, I was saying they had the same parent company. The bosses of the companies will be the same - there is no reason why they would say no to using X licence but yes to using Y licence, its quite likely they have a licence from GTR to use all of their brands. The reason the train is not in train sim classic is more likely to be because the routes it could have run on were already quite old by the time the train was introduced, and DTG don't like to add new rolling stock that wasn't present when the route was made, we have first capital connect in train sim classic instead which is the precursor to thameslink. Given that it is a new train there is also a lot less reference photos of things like the cab as well.

Also both southern and southeastern are in train sim world (or will be soon) so its not that these are train sim classic exclusive brands.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

Medway Valley line was where Gravesend was updated to the 0,1,2 platform layout, release date 1st Feb 2018. Thameslink 700s constructed around that time

Yes there is... money
    and as I said above, this is all predicated on DTG being the stopping block, which may not be the case, though DTG haven't released anything in the Thameslink grey livery that I know of so maybe it is.

• Like Like x 1
  41. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Is this the line that goes to the channel tunnel? Even if it isn't I'm going to drive the tgv on it!

• Like Like x 2
  42. londonmidland

From London St. Pancras to Ebbsfleet International you’ll be travelling on the ‘same’ Eurostar lines but after that, that’s where the line goes off into Kent instead of continuing to the Channel Tunnel.

• Like Like x 3
  43. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Looks really good its a route ive never driven but im certainly looking forward to getting this on day one and exploring the route and stations.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Could I ask what the differences are? I assume they're only small differences but I'm interested. :)
    DTG won't put effort into this, so it'll either work because they haven't coded it not to, or it won't work because they haven't coded it to!
    The Class 375/9 is not dual voltage; it can only take power from the third rail. The only Class 375 that was dual-voltage was the 375/6, but the pantographs are assumed to be decommissioned. The Class 375/6 is amusingly the only reason why most of the Electrostars are in the 3xx series, despite most being neither AC nor dual-voltage. They should really be in the 4xx series, which is used for DC units.
    The white liveries on the 375s went away years ago, so no, it'll just be in the dark blue and light blue livery.
    The 375s and 377s are almost identical except for interior furnishings (which are superior in the 375s) and the 377 have external CCTV cameras. They run the same sort of services, but never couple. However, the two types can couple and work in multiple (bar the use of external CCTV as the 375s do not have the screens to display the feed). In Southern depots it's not rare for a 387 and 377 to run around the depot together, and 375s have been used by Southern in the past, and Southeastern have ex-First Capital Connect/Thameslink 377s.
    6JUE4Rm.jpg
    Because they share Dellner couplers, they can also connect to other units, like in the photo above, where a Class 375 is hauling a Class 395 in testing around Ashford depot. They can also connect to Class 171s, and 377s have been rescued by them in the past, including quite recently.
    The 5-car prototype will never be included, since it only existed for a very short amount of time (if at all - I've never seen a photograph of it). The subclass included is the 375/9, with the lovely (read: dreadful) 3+2 seating, and has the newer headlight clusters and is 4 coaches long, with no pantograph.
    The junction to get onto High Speed 1 is just west of Gravesend. This leads to the high-level platforms at Ebbsfleet, exclusively used by HS1 services going towards North Kent. The four low-level platforms are used by Eurostar and Southeastern services for South East Kent. We will probably have to walk along the tracks to access these platforms unfortunately.

At Gravesend, if you continue on the classic line, you will be running towards London Bridge and Victoria (although I believe Gravesend does not get Victoria services). The next station on the classic lines is Northfleet, a small station. I believe Northfleet will be modeled due to its proximity to Ebbsfleet and Gravesend.
    capture22.PNG
    Northfleet is in the top right, Ebbsfleet is on the bottom. That's how close they are. I believe that Northfleet would be the final stop for the 375s, with them running across the bridge over HS1 (not shown in the photo above) and despawn. However, if DTG decide to model Swanscombe as well, as they did in TS1, they'll end there.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  45. londonmidland

I believe the sounds from the 375 and 377 differentiate slightly in real life. As heard in this video here, you can hear that the 375 has a louder electrical ‘buzz/humming’ sound as it idles.

Though I think what most people want is better sounds, as for the 377 sounds, they didn’t really capture the motor sounds well. In real life, as the train accelerates, the motors go through various stages of different sounds. Though DTG only simulated one simple acceleration sound, which was pretty disappointing.

• Like Like x 5
  46. leejames2403

leejames2403 New Member

Does anyone know if this DLC will be released for TSW 2020 aswell like previous dlc's?

47. Finlay

Finlay Member

No

48. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Nothing is being released for TSW2020 anymore, only TSW2.

49. ARuscoe

At Gravesend you continue via Northfleet and Greenhithe onto Dartford, where the line splits into three (in essence)
    Services from Gravesend (the outer terminus of the Metro services) are Cannon Street, Charing Cross and Victoria, but all run through Dartford.
    Services via Sidcup join up with the Kent mainline at Hither green and those via Eltham join up just south of Lewisham, with a spur joining to the Hayes line for trains calling at Lewisham itself
    The line from Lewisham into London splits into low level (for New Cross and St Johns) or high level which splits to go onto the South London lines to Victoria or to join back onto the Kent mainline on the fast lines

This is why I want the North Kent Metro lines in game (TSW or TSx) as although the units are all networkers or electrostars (class 376 on metro as opposed to 375) I think the various service patterns and frequent services (as well as two more passenger depots and one freight) would make for great gameplay

• Like Like x 1
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I believe that conversation was about the 395, not the 375.

• Like Like x 2