Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The 377 is on the roadmap to get sound fixes. So hopefully once the sound is balanced like the 166 on GWR, the sound will be much improved.

• Like Like x 5
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Once the DLC’s Achievements have been added to steam it means the route is only a few weeks away, then with the first article on the DLC we typically see the route released within a month, it’s not a guarantee but it is very likely, we will probably also get a stream this week on it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Good breakdown of services, to clarify on the quoted section, 375s don't run that section and to my knowledge never have. 465/466s only

In addition to your breakdown you should be able to run depot empty stock runs from Gillingham Depot for both 375 and 465 to Strood, Gravesend, Rochester and "off the map" so there may well be other services possible outside of "normal operations".
    Same goes for the 395 to and from Faversham sidings
    There are also (when COVID isn't around) runs from Maidstone to St Pancras via Aylesford, Gravesend, Ebbsfleet and St Pancras so some services could start at Strood to simulate these

4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s pretty much a given that it’ll end at Faversham, seeing as that’s what the add on is called. They can’t really extend it in the other direction either as the main focus is the high speed line towards St. Pancras. So it’ll probably be a portal after Northfleet.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Finlay

Finlay Member

Is it ? I haven’t seen that yet

• Like Like x 1
  6. Finlay

Finlay Member

Yea but I prefer timetable mode

• Like Like x 1
  7. londonmidland

Very much nitpicking here but I’ve noticed some things which you guys could change before release at Rochester station. The in real life picture shows a good comparison to the WIP picture.

- Change the old style halogen lights with the newer LED variant. This asset is featured in GWE
    - Change the bench to match the one shown in the irl picture. This bench asset is provided in BKL
    - Add more platform furniture as the platform looks very bland; CCTV, PIS, P.A speakers, platform numbers etc.

The above points may be applicable to other stations along SEHS.

9C22D322-2D8A-431C-A500-003EABE2721B.png 0E239878-B66E-472E-9E17-DB61B8097BD6.png

• Like Like x 11
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not a guaranteed fix, but they are investigating environmental sound on East Coastway as well as 377 audio.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There is no PIS in the game screenshot compared with real life. Hopefully an early build as PIS should be included.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, I will edit that bit. I was unsure as to which rolling stock ran on those services, but I knew some 465s do still operate the Victoria to Dover Priory/Ramsgate services, which is why I imagine that DLC will just involve substitution.

I imagine they will use a pre-covid timetable as they did for Munchen-Augsburg (stated on stream) and (I think) LGV if they can get one

• Like Like x 2
  11. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Not all of us can afford a computer that's powerful enough to run TSW2 you know.

Games that are far more graphically impressive than TSW2 can run on the PS4 and Xbox One. Us console users are complaining because DTG don't seem to be willing to properly optimise them for the platforms at least as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Finlay

Finlay Member

Spot on

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Well said. PC does get a lot more, but we do sacrifice that for the cost benefit etc.

• Like Like x 3
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I mean there are alot of other routes that they could make that are not in Train Simulator 2021 like the New York City Subway, The Chicago Subway, the D.C Metro, the MTA Metro North Harlem Line, the Japanese Shinkansen, a spanish high soeed route, the mexico subway system, The London Underground Circle, Hammersmith & City, Waterloo & City, Northern, District, Piccadilly Jubilee, Central and Victoria lines, the Seoul metro system, South Korea high speed routes and I can go on and on. Obviously because of covid, making new routes from scratch would be much harder than remaking them from ts2021 hence why they are doing that. What I liked about tsw was that most of the routes made for this game were not from Train Simulator which made things fresh for me since I own alot of routes for ts including London-Faversham. So I get why John S may be annoyed by it but it's not a bad thing that they are remaking routes into tsw2. They look better anyways as well and it'll give people who may not have played ts2021 routes a chance to play these routes that may interest them.

• Like Like x 4
  15. londonmidland

I’m hoping the route building team see my post and make the relevant amendments to it, otherwise station platforms are going to seem very bland like.

They have all the assets needed from other routes, they just need to place it down, if not done already.

• Like Like x 4
  16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Lot's of subways.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ZeenozPlays

I honestly think they are just trying to expand the TSW 2 catalog faster by redoing original TSxx routes that they already have reference & sounds for. Another factor can be the ongoing pandemic.

There are many routes they can do like Some London Underground, London Overground, NYC Subway, Metro-North New Haven Line, DC - Baltimore with Amtrak, the rest of the Munich S-Bahn, Berlin S-Bahn, London - Brighton, etc. So it's not a shortage of "start from scratch routes".

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No Rail Fan TV schedule published yet. Maybe they are debating if and when to show SHS this week.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this as well... I can’t believe DTG can’t get a whole lot more performance out of the TSW engine on consoles if they just put in the effort. Why doesn’t something like this get put on the roadmap- and get done sooner than later (rather than delay it for 6mos)? It would be a huge win for console players- a significant part of their customer base.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ZeenozPlays

Lights, Bench, Rochester sign, Higher fence, and that "waiting area" on the right. Wonder if they will take your suggestions and comments for improvement. I hope they do, since it looks like the route/rolling stock is still being built, so it seems like they have time to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZeenozPlays

Classic PC Player being upset at console player... for owning a console... and playing a game that is available on console... on console...

• Like Like x 7
  22. londonmidland

I don't expect them to get everything perfect, however I do expect them to place down the relevant assets when they already have it in their asset library. All it needs is a quick repaint.

They messed up quite badly on ECW as there is quite a lot of missing platform furniture. The most obvious thing is the platforms lights missing from the ends of the platforms. So its pitch black at night when it should be lit as you approach the platforms.

• Like Like x 7
  23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, been checking for the schedule myself, they might be working out a release schedule for the DLC and how to space out streams.

Very excited to see the schedule.

• Like Like x 3
  24. ZeenozPlays

This. I think TSW has a long way to go with being optimized on consoles. I've noticed subtle improvements on some routes, but it can be better.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ZeenozPlays

I don't expect everything to be perfect either, but I agree with them placing the assets they already have though.

• Like Like x 1
  26. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Is that Hoo yard going to be usable in scenario planner? I'm looking forward to this line actually quite a bit.

Also been following along with google maps this looks like a really nice mix of small towns, little villages, countryside, and then crazy busy London. I love the British routes so far so this one seems like it actually is going to be great.

• Like Like x 2
  27. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They haven’t been great with allowing access to sidings and depots, but I really hope we get a broad range of areas in the planner considering how linear the route is, there are a few sidings for local commuter services I’d love to have access to, along with Hoo Yard for making this route more lively.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Yep I play on PC but I realise that not everyone can afford a PC, and many prefer console for other reasons as well. Also the work being done to optimize and reduce memory usage will also benefit PC players and mean that further layers on routes and other work is possible in the future. I'm on a very high end PC and even it struggles a bit with all layers between Munchen Hbf and Munchen-Pasing, and at Hagen yard on Ruhr-Sieg Nord.

• Like Like x 4
  29. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Welp, the RailFan TV Schedule is out and there’s no SEHS stream for us this week.

Unfortunate.

• Like Like x 3
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is a fair question

• Like Like x 1
  31. vogelm10

Wow so much London to go through...this is going to be awesome!

32. londonmidland

I don't mean to disappoint but you really won't see much of London at all. As you head out of St. Pancras, you quite immediately head into tunnels and then immerge at a deep-level station. Then back into another tunnel and immerge into North Kent. If you expect to see a lot of London, this isn't the route for you.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Finlay

Finlay Member

Hopefully next week

• Like Like x 2
  34. londonmidland

Can we keep the console vs PC arguments out of here please? It clogs up the thread and discourages people from commenting and/or asking questions about the add-on.

• Like Like x 12
  35. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I would like to see a screenshot of St Pancras in the next article.

Also, think it was a bit early for a stream, I'm not sure its ready to play live yet, maybe next week. I would guess a week with a reveal stream of SEHS and the the following week a few more including a release stream on the Thursday.

• Like Like x 5
  36. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This, it’s pathetic and has no place here.

• Like Like x 4
  37. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I’m hoping the 375s and 395s have a verity of 4,6,8,12 car services and maybe coupling and uncoupling services

• Like Like x 3
  38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

we’ll definitely get 6 & 12 car formations of the 395, maybe we’ll see 12 car 375’s on semi fast services?

• Like Like x 2
  39. londonmidland

Here is an image of a 395 at St Pancras, sitting on platform 12. Granted it isn't the best of views.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

:D Oh well as I think I mentioned before I've never been on this line before, but I would like a better picture of the station, which I thought is supposed to look quite impressive architecturally. Will we not be getting the bit with the huge arched roof?

• Like Like x 1
  41. ARuscoe

Undoubtedly we will get the blue arched roof, but the SouthEastern section of the station is entirely under the flat roofed bit (P11,12,13)

• Like Like x 1
  42. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  43. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Quite agree there seems to be more partisanship over a plastic box with electronics inside than you get over football. And as someone working in an area with an equal mix of Wolves, WBA and Villa supporters that is really saying something!

• Like Like x 2
  44. Finlay

Finlay Member

I think the 375 would only be ina 4/8 car configuration on this route like ecw

• Like Like x 1
  45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'd love for DTG to create another route which incorporates the same station. We could have a Midland Main Line route, Luton - St Pancras. That way it would add additional AI trains from the SEHS line and vice versa.

• Like Like x 7
  46. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this too, but when RRO came out the RSN services didn’t get put into Hagen Yard and HBF.

• Like Like x 1
  47. ARuscoe

I've not seen the 375s running as anything less than 8 cars on this section of the route in real life, even the last train of the night through Gillingham is 8 or 12 cars.

The 395s to Faversham seem to be more 6 car than 12, but hopefully there'll be a bit of variety

• Like Like x 1
  48. vogelm10

Liverpool!!!! Lol sorry back to topic.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

375's used to run in 4 cars on the Sidcup line off peak when there wasn't a 376 5 car available

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. J4mes

J4mes Member

Or Gillingham, I think that Gillingham Station is actually nearer than Chatham. Maybe someone from Dovetail could confirm.

• Like Like x 2