PlayStation Well Done Matt And Sam, Very Informative End Of Year Q&a

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

As the title says, it was a long, interesting and informative last 2020 stream, good luck and keep safe in 2021, fingers crossed 2021 is a vintage year for TSW2

• Like Like x 10
  2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Thanks. What was really helpful was the quality of the questions. While there was plenty of repetition it gave us lots that we could give (hopefully) full answers for. Yes, we are a bit vague about the future but that's purely down to "one bitten, twice shy" - we won't confirm what is coming up until we're working with absolute certainty that it's in development.

Glad you found it useful.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering my question. Now I can stop whining about NA content......... Well, for the rest of the week, anyway.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

keep up the good work with the roadmap, it always makes an interesting read and you won’t be reading me asking about future dates as I know the answer

5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Cracking stream, although I did split it into two sessions! Great to see the care that the DTG team out into their work.

I'd definitely love to see some streams or content on how the game is made. Hopefully you can persuade some of the camera shy devs in future

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I watched it today and the 3 hours passed surprisingly quickly proving what a useful and informative stream it was. My question was asked about the PS5 possibly upscaling for passengers and Matt thought it may take settings like the PC when more resources are available. Looking forward to finding out once DTG are back to work in the New Year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved the stream, I thought it was fair enough many of my questions were not answered as they were part of the "undercover suggestions" I'll try to be smarter next time, but I am very happy to, firstly stop wearing my tin foil hat for tilting trains, great to know there would be nothing major that would stop implementing them (BTW as I said in another comment I never thought you would not be able to do them, as an owner of the APT and ICE-T on TS I know you have the skills to do it, just thought there might be a limitation of the game), and I can finally lose every hope for RD on consoles, as I feared a new RD version specifically built for Xbox/PS would be required... :(

Also the first "not going to answer section", funnily enough game reasonably satisfactory answers to almost every question in there.

This stream also gave me a lot of hope for the future of TSW, especially on the longer routes front, but I still think a step up in quality from LGV is needed (LGV is decent but not the best) especially for lower speed routes.

Also it's always interesting, in general, to look behind the scenes, the decision making process, how DTG operates, etc...

I hope more of this kind of content is considered.

Also on a more personal note, streams like these really help put into context the work behind even the DLCs I consider not the best, is too easy for me to think of DTG as the impersonal organisation that creates the "awful LGV with the german trees", and is a bit too easy for me to forget all the work that went into that same LGV... while I'm not an hypocrite and try to argue the game has no shortcomings, I will try to be more mindful and respectful for the work everyone puts even on the DLCs I happen to not like, of course they are not done to please me, and if LGV is well on its way to become the best selling DLC they must have done something right.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

You were spot on with the forum and wrong in routes. I see 2 faults but I see 2 fault more in forum. so now i know 4 faults.
    Often i do not see any wrong in routes but when i go in here i see lot of faults. but most of them are so small that you do not care

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your very good stream. It was both enjoyable and informative. I think there is five of you that stream regular in two's, and it doesn't seem to matter which two of you are streaming you all seem to get on well together and I would find it hard to pick two for top two as you are all good. Wish you all at DTG a Happy New Year and I hope you can carry on with this great game that you have developed that us console players can play.

10. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

What a Badass stream, absolutely loved it!

Have to compliment you and Matt on being transparent, allowing some fun speculation, addressing areas of improvement, ambitions/visions for the future of TSW, giving quality answers even with the vague questions, and most importantly your ability to sit in front of a camera for 3+ hours with zero breaks. :)

Really appreciate you throwing in a couple of my questions, I jumped for joy when one popped up :)

I especially enjoyed the section towards the end of the stream where you discussed model trains, train memories, and just some general train stuff. Would gladly see more, maybe you could create an off-topic general train chat, podcast, or show on railfan tv?

The stream left me very very pleased and psyched for the year to come!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

The stream was informative. Really looking forward what's in store for TSW2 in 2021. Hopefully soon yall will be able to announce new routes onto the roadmap

12. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Just want to echo what has already been said - the Train Sim World 2 end of year Q&A was SUPERB!
    I loved the fact you covered so much, and answered questions that most devs / publishers would run a mile from.
    Thank you all for one of the best videos I've seen in a very long time :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Yeah very good Q&A. I listed 52 different subjects they talked about in the 3 hours stream
    Listed them in comments and did links direct to video "jorgen3"
    LInk youtube

• Helpful Helpful x 1