Clinchfield

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fizpix, Jan 9, 2021.

1. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Do we have any estimatations on when we could possibly get clinchfield railroad

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Would be nice but currently still " in production ". With luck it will move up a notch in Tuesday's roadmap. It really ought to be next, after the UK high speed route, though Cane Creek is just as likely.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

They have said on streams before that it takes around 6 months, though give or take a few months potentially depending on the route. Clinchfield went into production on the 29th of September Roadmap. So six months after this would correspond to an end of March or early April release. Interestingly Cane Creek went into production on exactly the same roadmap, though this is being made by a third party so it could take a few months longer to take (though the scenery I believe is also less dense so that could counteract that). I would expect Cane Creek to release within a couple months of Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Depends when they added it to the roadmap. But could expect it summer time. Or Easter time ish

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Currently in production by DTG are:
    1. [Loco] Class 313 (ECW)
    2. [Loco] Class 465 (SEHS)
    3. [Loco] Br 101 (HRR)
    4. [Route] Clinchfield
    5. [Route] Hamburg - Lübeck
    The Br 101 and Hamburg Lübeck were only put into production quite some time after the release of TSW2, so we can exclude them from the next releases. The class 465 can only be released after SEHS's release and I doubt that they'll release the loco DLC for a route directly after the route. So we're left with Clinchfield and the class 313 as next releases after SEHS. If we assume that that SEHS will be launched late January / early February, then I'd say Clinchfield could come late February or early March with the class 313 possibly coming mid-February.

I know I'm completely over-analyzing this and I cannot back up any of my dates with facts. But I think it's fun to speculate:D

• Like Like x 5
  6. donnyh83

donnyh83 New Member

Clinchfield and Cane Creek are the two things I am looking forward to most for TSW 2 in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  7. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

I can’t wait for Clinchfield...I just saw it is on ts2021 and I about lost it! I just got tsw2 and I live near Clinchfield RR, so to see this is coming to tsw2 is awesome!!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Since TSW2 launched, there has been no new North American content- there's Sand Patch, plus Preserved ports from TSW1 - and Sand Patch was a rebuild of a TSW1 route as well. We have had routes in Germany, France, and 2 in England that are TSW2-native; about time for something in the western hemisphere.

• Like Like x 4
  9. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping for some American passenger action, myself. None of that is being produced right now, at least publicly. Maybe they could make their first steam trains something American and passenger based. As for newer routes, I’d really like to see something in Chicago, preferably the El, or something involving the Acela on the east coast. There’s a really good post on here suggesting a large route involving Boston and... Providence maybe? I don’t know much about it, but it included some Boston MBTA trains, Amtrak trains, and CSX freight. It would be great to see a busy American route like that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

Clinchfield does look interesting. Mostly because I really want to drive that F7. There's something about the appearance of those old streamlined diesels that's really pretty.

• Like Like x 5
  11. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

I too think the F7 would be awesome to drive, plus the routes through the Appalachians would be neat.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think for most people looking forward to Clinchfield the F7 is one of the if not the main reason for it. I can‘t wait to get my fingers on the controls of one :D
    It should also be an excellent addition to the livery designer for those inclined to use it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

Oh Yeah!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. Crosstie

Having an F series car body locomotive for TSW2 is an exciting first, hope there will be more though I'm not sure where they would run. They could be seen just about everywhere in the US back in the day. I'm looking forward to the modeling of the cab too. I hope it's like the one in TS with dynamic brake and other functionality. In my opinion, Clinchfield was one of the best modeled routes in TS, so a lot to look forward to here. Let's hope it moves up a notch or two in tomorrow's Roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  15. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

I need to check out the clinchfield in TS, I'm new to the train sim, but I'm hooked. Where do I find this roadmap? Nevermind I found it...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Crosstie

Roadmap at train sim world.com. TS is PC only I'm afraid, but you can see screenshots on the Dovetail website and video on YouTube etc..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

Awesome thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

You know, if I recall correctly, Clinchfield has been "in production" since last September. Can it be far away?
    Another thing that intrigues me is the 'B' unit. What will we be able to do with it. Get inside the prime mover? Who knows? They do have some primitive controls for yard movement etc..

• Like Like x 4
  19. robtcbaselvis

robtcbaselvis New Member

I read before late Feb or early March. So hopefully not too far away....

• Like Like x 1
  20. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Yep cant wait for the Clinchfield route theres just,Something about them F7s...

• Like Like x 3
  21. dseamans3192

dseamans3192 Member

I couldn't agree more, one of those 2 American routes should have been put in to production earlier. Making both dead last makes me salty.

• Like Like x 2
  22. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Me too, the second and third heavy freight routes after SPG.

23. MetrolinkF125#916

Well the route is still in production, according to the most recent roadmap, hopefully two or three roadmaps to go and we’ll finally see it in the “upcoming” section. Like others have said, I’d expect a late February announcement, with a release in mid-March. You can see that cane creek is right above clinchfield, so maybe it’ll be the next route after clinchfield. Or maybe cane creek might come first, pretty unlikely but u never know.;)
    upload_2021-1-30_13-10-27.jpeg

Attached Files:

24. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm, could be, but the Roadmap looks to point to the 465 releasing maybe a week or two after SEHS.
    upload_2021-1-30_13-16-28.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  25. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

TSW 2 Roadmap, 1.26.21.png
    This was my annotations done to the roadmap. I noticed the Class 313 has been on there for a long time. Still has not moved to next arrival. It has been there since september or october. Must be really in development or in the process.
    I am also interested in the livery compatibility with preserved collection. I think if DTG can make all of these trains compatible this would be very good for creativity. Especially with your favorite trains.
    I would like to design a livery for the M7 and M3. Maybe turn them into how the M3 looked when it was built by Budd.
    Seeing these new 3rd-party developers are a good sign. Seeing new dev teams means we will be getting more routes/trains with different companies working on different areas around the world. Instead of 1 like we had before with TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  26. MetrolinkF125#916

Yep, having more developers actively involved and working on new routes for TSW 2 is really gonna help get more famous routes and trains into TSW. Like for TS, maybe we’ll see a flagship BNSF route even, but of course there would have to be 2 versions of the route.

• Like Like x 1