Chat In The Main Menu? - Why Not Create A Way To Chat In The Main Menu?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

this is just an idea that can change the perspective of train sim world a chat window in the main menu to talk with other players about your favorite trains

it's not really a great big step forward train driving with other players but it's for sure a little simple to add.

maybe also in that chat window, you can make new friends if that is possible

thanks to everyone who came to my thread
    by Gustavo - The RailWorker

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Personally I think it is fine the way it is now. Between here, steam forums and Discord etc there are plenty of avenues to chat/communite with other train fans without having the game cluttered up with a chat window

This is just my opinion of course...there are probably many who would love such a feature (other than yourself), but I think it is unecessary.

The other consideration is if they were to implement something like this...who would be moderating it ? Unless there are DTG employees sitting in there 24/7 they would need to program a bunch of bots to do the job....all of that takes time/money which can be routed towards other areas.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Plenty of Discord channels for those that want to do such... no need to add here or the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The SimTrain Tube

The SimTrain Tube Well-Known Member

Or they could just make a chatbox here on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kazick

Kazick Member

You've never seen the in game chat in Trainz have you. It's full of cancer. Better to just stick with discord and call it good there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wouldn’t use an in game chat feature.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

no please no chat in the game
    i can already chat on steam
    on discord
    or with my headset
    no reason to add it

• Like Like x 2
  8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Another vote against chat.
    I think it could too easily become monopolised by a few.
    Given the constant carping over obscure and often irrelevant details on discord, I can see the chat rapidly degenerating.
    A particular horn or door closing sound may be irritating to some perfectionists, but to the majority of players it would only detract from their enjoyment of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Terrible idea. Why would I want to waste my time chatting in-game? Also, it will end up filled with arguments and garbage. It will just be another layer of bloat to the game. There are plenty of places to chat outside of the game itself.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with most people here. As it stands now, it would just be a waste of resources, and knowing first hand what many internet chats can turn into...no thank you. I can see them perhaps thinking about it, though, if multiplayer ever come around (another thing I hope they never waste resources on). There it could potentially serve some purpose in when setting up lobbies/ in lobbies for a session, or some such.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Absolute waste of time

• Like Like x 1
  12. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

I would have to agree with everyone else that this would not be a feature I ever want to see in the game. I often use this TSW2 to escape the real world and all the "joys" that seem to be in it these days. Multiplayer is also very low on my list of preferences for additions to the game, especially if it was anything remotely similar to the truck sim multilayer mods that are around, thanks but no thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I find simulations are a great escape from the harsh realities of these days. Also, since travel is restricted, we may do so vicariously via simulation. I don't want that experience ruined by rambling chatter.

• Like Like x 1