Next Batch Of Route Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In the roadmap dated 12 January 2021, DTG says the next lot of route announcements are approaching and our input could sway things.

My priorities would be:
    1. Merseyrail (with the 507, 508 & 777)
    2. A portion of ECML
    3. A portion of WCML
    4. London to Brighton

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Yes! WCML from Carslile to Glasgow central with the 390! I don't ever care about the route just give me the 390!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I agree with ECML with a Deltic or it could be used as the 1st steam route with a shunter and big express locos that we can really open up. I'd prefer a period route for the first steam one and not a heritage railway.

4. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I agree with WCML or ECML. Hopefully something Scottish with interesting traction could be made.

Remember, when they say our input could sway it, they do have a list of the most suggested routes already from social media/forums etc...

• Like Like x 4
  5. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

1. London to Brighton
    2. NEC

• Like Like x 3
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

All of the routes except from Mersey rail have been done in train Simulator 2021, so we would want something that hasn’t already been done in either simulators yet
    Personally something in east anglia would be good as there are no east Anglian tsw routes yet

• Like Like x 1
  7. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Lake Superior and Ishpeming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Cologne-Dusseldorf-Duisburg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not really. I’d never play Train Simulator on PC. Routes that can easily be made will likely still get priority given the ongoing pandemic.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ccgg2012

ccgg2012 New Member

New to train sim world 2 but I like it..I now just want to drive the fastest trains in the world I’ve bought all the dlc and basically stay in the ICE 3M all day and love it stick in LZB and I’m off I want more routes with bridges and great scenery Shinkansen E5 and H5, Harmony CRH 380A, Shanghai Maglev if possible if not fair enough

11. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

True

• Like Like x 2
  12. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

London Fenchurch St. to Shoeburyness
    Isle of Wight in the 1930's (IoW Network v8?)
    Wiener Neustadt to Graz via Aspang, Friedburg and Fehring.
    Frankfurt to Mainz
    Interlaken to Meiringen (SBB Metre gauge)
    Reading to Banbury
    Luxembourg (the whole country, it's about the same size as the Isle of Wight)

• Like Like x 2
  13. nnneumann2004

nnneumann2004 New Member

I would like to have a railroad in Frankfurt, my favorites are the Underground U-Bahn Frankfurt, the Rail Railroad Frankfurt Friedberg or the Diesel Road Bad Vilbel-Stockheim.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr heff

I have the same interest, high speed modern routes are my favourite.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

I would like to see:

Shinkansen (any shinkansen line)
    Yamanote line
    Nara Line
    Kintetsu Yoshino Line
    Gono Line
    Bernina Line
    Bern S-Bahn
    London Victoria - Brighton
    West of England Main Line - Exeter - Salisbury/Yeovil Junction
    Koln-Koblenz
    Sieg Railway
    Mittenwaldbahn
    Amtrak - either NEC or part of the coast starlight
    Feather River Canyon
    CSX New River Subdivision
    Something somewhere else in Europe - maybe in Netherlands Amsterdam-Somewhere?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mr heff

Ooooh, shinkansen.

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well now steam is on the roadmap I would make a couple of suggestions:

1) Recreation of Riviera in the 50's, Exeter to Kingswear with the Brixham branch. Loco wise, keeping it down, a Pannier, 45xx Small Prairie, Hall and a Castle would suffice. Some Collett and Hawksworth coaches and if we must some mark 1's and a collection of freight wagons. Also, a 14xx and autocoach for the Brixham branch (could be extra DLC). Plus a service mode timetable inspired by the summer Saturdays in the west country in the 1950's. And they have made it before so presumably have the research material.

2) Cambrian Coast Machynlleth to Pwllheli, in the 50's with a standard 4 tank and tender engine, a mogul and a manor plus some suitable coaches.

3) Birmingham to Bristol (with Glouceser) in the 70's with a Peak, class 47 and class 31 and a class 116 DMU for the Birmingham end and a class 118 or 117 for the Bristol end, they could even get away with the class 101 as Bristol and Tyseley had small allocations of them in the 70's. Could include the line from stoke works to Hereford and the line down to Swindon.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind the Marshlink (171, 375, 377 and 395), 1066 line (375) or ECML South (43, 91, 800/801/802, 180, 717, 365, 387)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I would love to see a German route were the trains are split and united at some point of the journey. Would provide many interesting gameplay options on such a route.

Another thing I would like to see is a route around the Rhine. Something between Köln and Mainz for example. May be on either side of the river, I would just like to have something around there.

And one thing we would really need for German content is non DB operators. There are many cool options like National Express, Abellio or even something from DB which isn’t in the typical red like the bwegt trains for example.

And if it is about different countries I would like to play on a route in Austria, the Netherlands or Denmark.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rbn384

Rbn384 New Member

I would love to see some austrian routes, especially in and around Vienna. A few suggestions:
    1. Vienna S7 (Wien Floridsdorf - VIE Airport - Wolfsthal) + ÖBB 4746 -> It offers great landscapes as well as a great city atmosphere. You have a great view on the Danube River, as well as a City tunnel (Wien Mitte - Wien St. Marx) and many more great things to discover.
    2. Vienna (Wien Floridsdorf - Wiener Neustadt Hbf) + ÖBB 4746 -> The route goes through the whole City of Vienna (from North to South), offering a view on the Danube, a city tunnel, the Vienna main station as well as great landscapes, especially between Mödling and Wr. Neustadt.
    3. Vienna Wien West - St. Pölten + ÖBB 4746 or ÖBB 1116 - CityShuttle Wiesel
    This Route (Alte Westbahn) is connecting Vienna with St. Pölten by going through beautiful landscapes in the Wienerwald (a VERY Big Forest area in the West of Vienna). For me it is definitly one of the (if not the) most beautiful Routes in and around Vienna with great views.

A few more suggestions:
    Wien Hauptbahnhof- St Pölten HBF (Neue Westbahn)
    S60 (Wr. Neustadt - Wien HBF - Bruck/Leitha)
    Südbahn (Wiener Neustadt - Bruck/Mur)

I would love to see some Vienna S-Bahn because the Route between Wien HBF - Wien Floridsdorf and the whole S7 have also not been covered in TS yet so it would be time for those great routes to get.

• Like Like x 2
  21. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Birmingham Cross City featuring the 323s is number 1 on my wishlist.

22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Okay, a beautiful route, for which DTG have already done the research since it exists in TS: the Mittenwaldbahn, Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Innsbruck. Insane scenery, bridges over deep gorges, steep grades, a fair section of single track with attentant traffic issues.

And it is an avenue for introducing new rolling stock (and another country) much of which can be developed from existing models, such as the Austrian OBB 1016/1116/1216 series (aka DB 182), and Austrian Talent 2s in OBB livery. And one new one, which will please all the HST fans: the BR 411 ICE-T (tilting development of the ICE 3, designed for curvier lines like this one), in both DB and OBB paint jobs.

From the TS Classic version:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  23. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

You’ll like London to faversham when it comes out then

24. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

1: Sherman Hill in the 1970's: I think it's unlikely, more so than ever considering steam's in the works, lets face it a 1950's or 2000's version is just way more likely. However I'm sticking with this era in particular as I want to see over the others I mentioned. I'm against a modern day incarnation as the equipment that runs on it in present day could be represented on any number of UP routes. As for the 50's version unless they can beat Smokebox's FEF and Big Boy I don't have any interest in seeing a 50's era version.

Personally I really want to see them tackle the duel diesel era to have types like the DDA40X, DD35, U50, and even C855 present. All of them are very unique types, and I think TSW would provide a pretty big leap forward for these types. While most are present in TS Classic they're not particularly advanced versions by any means, so there's lots of room to improve them. The route itself would be pretty unique compared to other versions, as far as I'm aware there hasn't ever been a version of the route in this era, other versions are either earlier or later.

Again I don't think this era's particularly likely, but personally would definitely grab it if they ever did it.

2: Horseshoe Curve: Unlike Sherman Hill nothing too specific about it that I want. I just think it's a good fit. Would take it in any era, honestly would say sticking with the 40's/50's era that TS Classic did would be best. Would have the potential for lots of freight and passenger traffic, would make the curve feel very alive. NS wouldn't be bad either, not as busy and would probably drop the passenger aspect, but would have the ability to have some fairly unique modern power with all of Altoona's rebuilds. Also would not mind seeing either Conrail or even Penn Central, if nothing else just to have some new railroads represented, although doubt they'd do them.

3: Tehachapi Pass: Was a part of a TSW survey a year or two back, so something they've already considered. It's fairly iconic, it would be a largely new route for most people, (There does exist a third party version for TS Classic, but it's not particular well known, so it would still be new for most people I imagine.) and don't imagine it would particularly hard to make as it's largely desert, so could probably auto generate a lot of it. Again not particularly picky, would take it in any era, whether UP, or SP in either diesel or steam era.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Since your suggestions are all UK, and I like your picks, I'll advocate for the U.S.

1. NYC Subway

NYC's Subway System. The Largest in the United States, and one of the largest in the world. It is unique because some of the system runs Express and Local Trains Alongside each other, skipping multiple stations along the trunk lines. I'd prefer to start with the Seventh Ave Line (1/2/3 Trains), but since this is one of the first subway lines in the game, it would be easier and more simple to do the L or 7 Trains since they are isolated Lines.

2. Metro-North: New Haven Line (With Amtrak NEC)

The Metro-North: New Haven Line up to State St., Just like in TS21.

3. Chicago 'L'

Chicago's (mostly elevated) Subway System. Very unique in that a large portion of the system is actually aboveground.

4. BART

Bay Area Rapid Transit provides Subway-Like services around the Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland). It has some nice rolling stock with the Fleet-Of-The-Future cars. It's unique in that it operates like a Commuter Railroad.

5. Staten Island Railway

Provides Subway-Like services for the New York City borough of Staten Island. Many people consider it a part of the NYC Subway, although it is internally designated by the FRA and MTA as a Commuter Railroad, which is why it is separated from NYC Subway. It' uses some of the old NYC Subway cars (Like IOW with the LU '38 Stock).

6. PATH (Port-Authoriy-Trans-Hudson)

Provides Subway-Like services between Hoboken/Newark, and Midtown/Lower Manhattan. It is a small system and is similar to the NYC Subway.

Honorable Mentions: More London Underground Routes (Circle and H&C, Metropolitan, Jubilee), London - Brighton, Thameslink.

Yes, I know most are Subways, but TSW is seriously lacking when it comes to Subway Systems.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes to all these.

• Like Like x 2
  27. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

:( No one else has suggested glorious Cornwall :(

28. theorganist

Plymouth to Penzance set in the 50's would be a lovely route to have, certainly would be a challenging drive. I think personally I would prefer the Exeter to Kingswear section as it was busier, particularly in summer and you have the iconic sea wall and the gradients on the Paignton/Kingswear section.

The Cornish mainline would be nice in any period, I suspect we would just get something like Truro to Penzance sadly though!

• Like Like x 5
  29. welshtrainservice

welshtrainservice New Member

If we had the ecml, we can get the 91. Oh my the horn...!. I am dreaming it. anyways, we would maybe also get the flying potato in my profile picture :).

• Like Like x 2
  30. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Penzance to Truro is pretty, but a boring drive?
    Truro to Bodmin gives you the gradients in and out of Bodmin (its up hill and treelined all the way from Par to Liskeard), the trees, the option of Par freight. Falmouth Branchline
    Bodmin to Plymouth gives you the IKB bridge and viaducts and hills...Liskeard-Looe line and the crazy bend around the hill to get it going in the right direction.

There is so much fun to be had with Cornwall :)

• Like Like x 2
  31. Mr heff

I'm pretty excited, it's the space age cab that I like the most.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

My 5 hopes are:
    London to Brighton (with Lewes to Haywards Heath)
    Hamburg to Cuxhaven or Hannover
    Cornish Mainline
    Something Danish (or Scandinavian)
    Amsterdam to Arnhem

those are my hopes, but I’m not gonna place any bets (except maybe London to Brighton or a Dutch route).

• Like Like x 6
  33. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I've not read the whole thread so apologies if I'm repeating the same routes.

Midland Main Line Sheffield - Loughborough
    Liverpool Lime St - Manchester Piccadilly
    East Coast Main Line York - Newark
    Crew - Liverpool
    Blackpool - Warrington Bank Quay
    Peterborough - Norwich
    Bristol - Cardiff
    Doncaster - Cleethorpes

• Like Like x 1
  34. greenlightracer

greenlightracer New Member

While i would be happy with any of the UK routes i would love to see the WCML expanded, i say expanded as part of it is already done within the Overground Bakerloo line and being as DTG already have research from the routes in TS Classic it is already half done

• Like Like x 1
  35. sophieclarke1983

Oh yes definitely it’s a lovely train And a first for hitachi rail in that the 395 Olympic javelin the 1st dual voltage train in U.K. made by themselves hitachi rail

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mr heff

I am looking forward to the power change, it's funny to see the pantograph stretch high up to reach the catenery at Ebbsfleet.

• Like Like x 1
  37. sophieclarke1983

Yes definitely cannot wait

38. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Weren't the class 373 (Old Eurostar trains) formerly dual voltage as they ran on 3rd rail in the UK to Waterloo. (I believe their shoes have been removed)
    There is also the power changeovers on the class 377/2, 377/5 on the West London Lines and Thameslink respectively.
    Then there is the class 319 that has a power changeover on thameslink.
    I don't think the class 395's were the first.

• Like Like x 1
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Japanese trains have to remove their shoes when they go into the depot.

(terrible joke)

• Like Like x 7
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

1. NEC with new HS trains
    2. Part of WCML, preferably with Crewe included and all the works and sidings available. Manchester Picc - Birmingham NS?
    3. Something from Japan with bullet trains
    4. Frankfurt to Mannheim as detailed in this suggestions forum

• Like Like x 1
  41. theorganist

Surely the class 313 of 1976 was the first?

• Like Like x 1
  42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The next set of routes to appear on the roadmap* will include...

WCML Liverpool to Crewe (for me and Sam)
    Shinkansen route (for all those people who join the forum and ask for it in their first post)
    A New York route (for the loudest forum members)
    A German route with red trains (because it’s standard TSW stuff)
    A German route with white trains (because ICE)
    Settle to Carlisle (because it’s time and steam is coming)

*my crystal ball may give false results (it also can’t distinguish one German route from another, it likes them all)

• Like Like x 6
  43. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm going to stick with my prediction of a Scottish electrified route, something like Edinburgh to Glasgow or the Northern part of the WCML, being one of the next routes.

With all the attention the Brighton Mainline has been having recently, it's made me think that it might be quite likely to come soon.

Although, we haven't had a modern unelectrified British route since GWE, so maybe we're due one. If it is, then I could see it being a route in the Highlands or North Wales to bring one of those countries into the game.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  44. theorganist

I wouldn't mind that set of routes appearing on the road map :)! The S & C would certainly be a tough introduction for driving steam, but a lovely one. I would choose Skipton to start as Settle is only a small station and not a natural end point.

• Like Like x 2
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A German route with dark green and cream-and-crimson trains (because ca. 1970 was a cool DB period)

• Like Like x 4
  46. sophieclarke1983

The point I was making is that the javelin the first U.K. duel train from hitachi rail

• Like Like x 1
  47. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Some uniting and splitting coupling business of passenger trains would be amazing, I'd vote for that!
    And also seeing some more German operators (and also for example Alstom or Stadler trains for that matter) would be amazing, but going on a limp I would assume licensing would be an issue!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  48. jdonaldson56

jdonaldson56 Member

Personally I would like to see:

1) WCML London - Birmingham and London - either Manchester or Liverpool (preferably with a class 390)

2) GWR Reading - Bristol/Cardiff

3) ECML London - Peterborough, Peterborough - York, York - Newcastle and Newcastle - Edinburgh

• Like Like x 7
  49. sophieclarke1983

Fantastic selection

• Like Like x 3
  50. thamesfan#3961

thamesfan#3961 New Member

For me.
    Southern/Thameslink.
    Brighton to London (London vic/London Bridge and London St Panc)

Eurostar
    any route

LNER (the East coast mainline)
    Any route

South Eastern
    Any route

• Like Like x 4