Is It Just Me (talent 2)?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Analogue Anomaly, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

I am having endless issues with the Talent 2, I may be doing something wrong, but it often refuses to pull out of stations after closing the doors (I thought it was door related but im not so sure now?) The throttle/brake indicator has a red bar under it whilst this is going on but I cant find a consistent way to clear it???

2. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

The brakes are locked since you applied power while the doors were open (it could also be that you were to quick after closing the doors, and they hadn't closed fully before you started applying power). Move the throttle lever to any brake setting and then apply power again, and you should be good to go.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Sometimes when you start your service, you are then closing the doors and when applying power, it doesn't go so fast. Its because the brakes are charging, you'll just need to wait a little longer and than off you go!

4. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

Hmm this was my suspicion, but it appears to happen randomly and does not reset as you discribe...

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is a throttle/brake interlock connected to the door circuit on all modern German trains. Make sure the doors are fully closed and the brakes have discharged before applying power. Otherwise, you get stuck with the red indicator. To get rid of it, cycle the handle to brake, then to 0 and watch your gauges before giving her go-juice.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

Yep I think im getting somewhere with it now, the interlock makes sense, the discharging of the brakes less so (too many brakes!)

7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Have you released the parking brake? That has tripped me up a few times.

Cheers

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Opening the doors applies brake pressure, no matter if the main brake handle is in "release" or not.

(NB: this can work to your advantage with the British Class 166 and I believe Bakerloo as well: you can move the controller to a power position while the passengers board; closing the doors will then launch you automatically. But the German trains don't permit this)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021