Shinkansen E5 And H5

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ccgg2012, Jan 12, 2021.

1. ccgg2012

ccgg2012 New Member

new to all this so forgive me if this obviously not possible I would like more scenic routes cross long bridges and use auto pilot on more trains Shanghai Tokyo Thailand etc Shanghai Maglev

• Like Like x 1
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Union Workshop are making an E5. No details beyond teasers - I'm assuming it's for TS Classic - but I'm guessing we'll know in time

• Like Like x 1
  3. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

I'm assuming its for TS Classic also, I feel like by this point it would be on the roadmap if it was for TSW, though I suppose the TSG stuff wasn't on the roadmap for ages and they might not have started to build the actual route for it yet.

I'm interested to see what the route for it could be, given that that train runs on a very long stretch of route from Tokyo to Hokkaido.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ccgg2012

ccgg2012 New Member

I’m not interested in driving the older trains or steam engines to be honest I appreciate them but more into the new stuff high tech so far the ICE 3M is the only train I drive after trying a few others also I never knew what the roadmap was so il check it out I’m assuming it tells you what trains are coming next thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Sendai to Morioka, or Morioka to Aomori are the only ones I can think of - Both around 200km - South of Sendai the E5s tend to be limited stop, and Sendai to Omiya would be a massive route. Omiya is the end of the high speed sections. From there in to Ueno and Tokyo is only 110km/h as the line threads through Saitama City and Northern Tokyo.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Yes I was just thinking about if you wanted full speed you would need to be more particular about which route you pick. You could possibly do Tokyo to Utsunomiya (about 100km). Of course with this part of the route the railway is pretty dense with many other lines, as well as some large stations like Ueno and Tokyo that would need to be modelled. But you'd get a small high speed section from Utsunomiya to Omiya, and you would also be able to add DLC for the Joetsu, Hokuriku, Yamagata or Akita shinkansen so potential DLC would be E6 for the Akita, E3 for the Yamagata, E7 for the Hokuriku and then you have E4 and E7 (and I think some E2 series still run as well) for the Joetsu Shinkansen.

• Like Like x 1