Graphics!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antonio#2802, Jan 13, 2021.

1. antonio#2802

antonio#2802 New Member

What is the graphic quality that it has in normal xbox one? Is it good? Does it cause lagg? I mean the tsw2

2. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

It is obvious that nothing is beautiful, everything is blurry and that the fps are very limited.

But it's "playable" and if you have no choice but to get a One, it will always be better than nothing.

On the other hand, we see a clear difference with a one x, and better quality with a one s. Of course, an X | S series gives you an even crazier experience thanks to ssds. But we don't expect a crazy experience on one, even if as I told you above, it's better than nothing and it's still playable :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. antonio#2802

antonio#2802 New Member

better an xbox one s then right?

4. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The original Xbox One and Xbox One S are the same console. The game looks and performs the same on both. If you want a better experience then you can upgrade to an Xbox One X console, but the best graphics and performance are on the new Series X|S devices.

5. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

False! Better quality with one s (it have 4k, not xbox one) but the frame rate is the same. User experience is better on series X|S, right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

(One s dont have 4k in-game but the HD is improved)

7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

There is no 4K support on Xbox One S. The console only supports 4K for video playback and streaming, not games.

8. antonio#2802

antonio#2802 New Member

In short, should I stay with xbox one or do I switch to xbox one s?

9. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

If you want to keep it relatively cheap but have HDR compatibility, switch to the One S.
    If you want to go for something a little bit more expensive then get the One X (Make sure to have a 4K monitor/TV to get the most out of it but it is optional, obviously ;) )
    If you want to go expensive then upgrade to the new Series X/S

I have the One S and even though it is cheaper than the One X and doesn't support 4K, it does have some gurth, especially when playing the less resource intensive routes. There are a few stutters and frame drops here and there but to be honest, it doesn't ruin my experience. And other games do look nice and run well.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. antonio#2802

antonio#2802 New Member

then do you recommend the s?

11. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

12. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

Original XB1 only does 1080p and I think as max of 30fps for
    all
    games

13. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

The One S is slightly more powerful than the base Xbox One, however I believe most Tech Reporters said the difference is very slight

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The sky could be more realistic

15. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

It plays fine on a "vanilla" XBox One. There are a couple of moments where it may hang fir a second or so at places like Miles Platting on the NTP, but it's certainly a step up from TSW2020. I'm looking forward to having it one Series X at some point though, because it looks pretty special on a Series X.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I say if you are thinking of dropping around 600 for a new xbox just buy a pc and get the added benefits of mods. I have the original xbox one and it sucks to be honest. Slow, crashes all the time, graphics are pop-up bookish on some lines, fewer chances for sales on routes through the Microsoft store, no ability to use mods, etc.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you can't buy a gaming PC for $600 or even 600 pounds, at least not one which will run TSW2 at high settings. If that's your budget, go for a new console. I have a middling PC that would cost close to $2,000 to replace. True, PC's have some advantages, but you have to spend some money to take advantage of them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Obviously a good pc is a bit more, but when you factor in that a mid range pc is still better than a new xbox it makes sense to just build a gaming pc if you have the extra money. Also no fees to access the online aspects, more functionality, the option to buy other competing train sim games, and mods makes it way more practical. At least that's why I'm going to ditch my original xbox one when the time comes.