The Catch Is The Low Availability Of Boss Fish A Deterrent For Playing The Game?

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by malanta#1820, Jan 13, 2021.

1. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

So, I have played the game for probably around 120 hours or so, I have caught in total 20 boss fish, but that includes the various duplicates that I have caught throughout the game.

I have actually decided after playing all this time that I actually don't like this game anymore purely because of how impossible it is going to be to actually complete and finish the game (on the PS4 it seems like the platinum is literally impossible to get and people will never ever 100% finish the game)

I am just wondering if anyone else is now put off the game because of it, I am actually somewhat saddened by this as have enjoyed playing the game with the family (my brother, nephew and girlfriend all play it) - but after discussions with them we are all coming to the same conclusion, that its becoming pointless and a waste of time playing the game if its literally nearly impossible to catch the fish unless you in the most specific place to catch some of the boss fish - even with all the numerous bugs that are never going to be fixed, so many issues with catching the fish, fish getting stuck etc, its been a fun game to play as a group...but the fun comes from trying to catch the boss fish - it becomes boring after a while of catching the same fish and not being able to get the main fish in the game...I understand they need to be less frequent than other fish, be it common or specimen but its too far in the other direction...My family all agree and we are coming to the end of our enjoyment with the game, frankly it sounds like none of us will be buying another one of your games because it isn't fun when its impossible to finish...putting the various bugs aside.

So yes...thats my thoughts on it - just wondering if anyone else is currently thinking the game thing about this game and other DTG games and if the Devs do actually realise that by making a game virtually impossible to finish without putting in literally tens of thousands of hours they are sapping the fun out of it for people and alienating people form their games in the future

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi malanta#1820, thank you for your feedback. This will be passed onto the Dev team. Boss fish by design are harder to catch than others. Things such as location and time of day play really big factors in being able to catch them. For now, keep an eye on our Boss Fish Friday posts and if there is a fish you are struggling with particularly then let us know and we can try to cover it in a future post.

3. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

I know, I have been reading up the help and advice etc, but my point being if it takes 10+ hours to catch a specific boss fish on the low end, even with knowledge of what to use, where to fish, time of day, etc then it is too much...and 10+ hours is if you get really lucky. I have followed the advice to catch even some more of some of the boss fish (not even the ebro ones that everyone complains about) and they cannot be caught, its very inconsistent and genuinely is sapping my will to play the game entirely. Let me put it this way, on the PS4 as an example, the game has been out months and some people have put in hundreds if not thousands of hours into the game, if you go on the trophies section of the game, then for 4 of the 6 lakes NO ONE in the world has caught all the boss fishes at either of these lakes, at the other ones its 0.1%...and i suspect its only that low because thats the lowest figure that playstation can show - if after 6 months, various people and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of player hours from everyone playing in the world, if no one in the world has ever caught all the boss fish from 4 lakes...doesn't that suggest to you that the catch rate is far too low? - it is literally impossible and thus pointless to carry on playing...

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Thanks for passing on your feedback malanta#1820, as I said I'll pass this onto the dev team.