Services With Adverse Signals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bescot, Nov 30, 2020.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ah. Thanks.

2. solicitr

Correct.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Yes I watched Matt Stream the 155 and that is exactly what he did right at the start. Changed the mode then turned PZB off and on again.

4. solicitr

Well, that's closer, and certainly simple (actually, you can't go wrong using U for everything since freight isn't timed)- but with containers one doesn't know whether they're full of machine parts or featherbeds (though I'm guessing that TSW just has a set weight for them.) And what about a return run of empty hoppers? But train length is a factor, too- the longer the consist, the slower the brakes activate towards the back, and the slower the back responds to any momentum change.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I took a look at the „Lastgrenzenraster“ for all of the MSB freight cars. They can be run at 120 unloaded and 100 loaded. The container cars can be run at 120 or 100 depending on how heavy they‘re loaded. I haven‘t checked the coal hoppers of the Br 155 add-on yet.

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That is good but not related to the PZB mode :) but while you are at it, could you check out the braking weight (Bremsgewicht) which is written there as well? We have the total weight of the train, and if that information would be available as well one could do a good estimate of the braking percentages (Bremshunderstel) and thereby the correct PZB mode :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Lamplight

I can try to do that. I may compile a list of these things once I have picture evidence for it, in which case I'll let you know about it. And I know that the maximum speed of the cars is not related to PZB mode (a single 100 km/h car will be driven with a different PZB mode then 50 cars of the same model after all:D), but I thought that information is a better foundation than just guessing based on what I feel like.

Tldr - I'll be back once I have the pictures for what you're asking.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Lamplight

Take a look at this.
    I couldn't find all the needed markings on every piece of equipment, but it should be a good start.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

What a great run! Thank you for recommending it. I was tempted to stop at the top of the hill and take the banker back down. Would you mind if LeadCatcher added this to the spreadsheet?

10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Can't list any exact services but I've encounter quite a few services on Peninsula Corridor where you have to be mindful of signals.

11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

i have been on a consulting gig running a training course for the past few weeks, will hopefully get caught up with the spreadsheet this weekend...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've no problem with it being on the spreadsheet. Also the 0959 (or is it 0952?) freight from Aschaffenburg is a very similar run I found.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clumsy Pacer

The railtour on East Coastway has quite a few yellows, as you're following a stopping Class 377.

14. Clumsy Pacer

On Cathcart, there's serivce 2P09, where the AWS and DRA get a fair bit of use (thought I'd post it in this thread too).

• Like Like x 3