Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Dot matrix will work judge that most previous dlc for Tsw2 has it.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Good point. Well made.

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m still a bit confused on how this works . I understand perfectly the route of the class 395 , but I don’t know where 375 services go . Could someone please explain where the services go ? Thanks

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Between Faversham and Rochester on this DLC, so I wouldn’t buy it if you’re interested solely in the 375 services.

Even if we’re wrong it’s unlikely that the route would carry on for more than one station on the 375’s lines, so the services would be around 30 mins each on all stop services.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Services on this route would be :
    • London Victoria to Ramsgate - Rochester to Faversham section, then taking the Thanet line via Whitstable
    • London Victoria to Dover Priory - Rochester to Faversham section, then taking the Canterbury East line via Teynham
    • Empty stock moves from Ramsgate, Gillingham and other depots around Kent

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Ok thanks . Also do you know which if the 465 will run between these same stations?

7. ARuscoe

Depends on when the route is set
    Up until 2015 or so the 465s ran from Gillingham to Charing cross, Cannon Street and Victoria on a regular basis from Platform 1), now there's a few a day which go to Victoria (still from P1)
    There are also a few which start at Rochester and go into London on the CML or via Strood, Gravesend etc.
    GIllingham depot has a fair few 465s which would serve these as well as empty stock runs to Slade Green depot, Hither Green or various starting points along the North Kent lines (so would run as far as Springhead on this route (the junction from the BR lines to HS1 just before Ebbsfleet)
    There would also be a short spur from Sittingbourne to Sheerness IF they include it

If the route is set after 2015 I can't see much use for the 465 unless they do the SSS line

• Like Like x 3
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think the 465 will simply be a substitution for the 375, same for the 313 on ECW.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

That wouldn't be accurate, so I doubt it. DTG are usually sticklers for "what train runs where"

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Eh... 422 on SKA, 425 on HMA, 422 on RB48 on RRO, TGV 200 series on international services

• Like Like x 6
  11. ARuscoe

Fair enough. But I believe people have "screamed" about those, and seeing a networker on the East Kent lines would get a similar reaction, and from what I have seen (none of which is German) they tend to stick to appropriate routes for consists

• Like Like x 2
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm in no way opposed to that (except for the SKA 422 because we actually have the correct train and I still think it could be a substitution), but for the other I think more variety is always good, even if not strictly prototypical, but I understand why people can be upset... only time will tell

13. ARuscoe

That's what scenario planner is for. I actually approve of DTG being prototypical in this respect and would happily see only a few services for a consist rather than "shove them in so we see something different"
    Of course another option would be separate timeframes so that the 465 layer could be there along with a separate one for recent times. I'm hoping this is what will happen with the BR blue 1970s GWE collection...
    This would open up all the Gillingham to Gravesend services which ran onto the North Kent metro lines

• Like Like x 2
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I understand your point of view, in fact I would rather see an option to do whatever service you want with whatever train you want, a sort of "off the rail" for timetable services, so that I can have a little bit more variety. I still don't like completely unrealistic trains, but a 425 on MSB or a 465/313 on SEHS/ECW is acceptable to me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

A 465 up to Springhead would be for me, but not shooting through Stratford

• Like Like x 3
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

My father who is a subway operater on the N train in the nyc subway has ran over people at least 4 times so I get what your saying because my father wasn't doing good mentally for a while but recovered. Thank god most networks have counselors to help drivers because back then, if you ran over someone you were just expected to deal with it yourself

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

I feel like though next gen consoles would not have this performance issue though

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

I've never had a problem with animated grade crossings in ts2021 so I don't get really how could it be a performance hit unless it's the game engine in tsw2

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  19. tallboy7648

They added the m3 to the lirr hempstead branch and no m3s run on that line at all and pretty much all of the m3s are retired from service since late last year to be scrapped since the m9s are comeing into service. Not to mention they added the 422 to ska which doesn't run on that route in real life. The DB S-Bahn Koln DB BR 423 does. If dovetail did reaseach on the route, they would've known that and the amount of time it takes to makes routes at that length to tsw2 makes it inexcusable for them to have added the incorrect train to ska. This is supposed to be a simulator after all

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  20. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

465s (/9s) also operate some Victoria to Dover services.

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Any TS or TSW route is a time capsule, sometimes deliberately vintage like NTP, and sometimes just fixed in the time it was developed, like Class 43s making the run west from Paddington. The same applies to LIRR: the M3s were still around when it was made.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I hope the TGV can drive on this route

23. Coastway trainspotter

With scenario planner and off the rails mode , yes it can

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

Any animation, and signal integration, is a performance hit, and given DTG have shown that performance has not been a priority (or within their knowledge base) I can see that it would be an issue
    I believe Matt stated this as the reason why they were "de-animated"

• Like Like x 1
  25. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

One thing I have been wondering (and this is probably a silly question, so brace yourselves)...is there any major difference between the Class 377/4 we got in East Coastway and the 375/9 we're getting here? Aside from the numbering, livery and the amount of units/stock they pull as standard?

I don't really mind it being included, just wondering what the differences between the two actually are.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Just small differences, the cab is just a little different , the headlight configuration is a litttle different , but that’s pretty much it

• Like Like x 3
  27. Coastway trainspotter

Will Northfleet be included on this dlc ?

28. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up. One definite bonus is being able to use the livery creator on it, I suppose, even if it is practically the same as the 377.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Coastway trainspotter

Yea the livery designer is good , even tho the 377 is getting it soon anyway

• Like Like x 1
  30. ARuscoe

We don't know. They haven't confirmed what is and is not included in the DLC as yet
    Only thing we can say is that the TSx version was extended to Swanscombe, including station and scenery and given this is clearly visible from Ebbsfleet and the HS1 between Ebbsfleet to the Thames Tunnel portal it would make sense to do exactly the same in TSW
    But we can only wait and see

31. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Do you think we will get another article today or tomorrow?

• Like Like x 3
  32. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I think DTG is doing the best job so far now with Rivet games and I hope it stays that way or gets even better! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  33. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect another article until next week at the earliest. We've only just had the roadmap update.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder if we’ll get another peek at SEHS today? It’s a week since the last one.

• Like Like x 1
  35. londonmidland

Wow, time really does fly. It only seems a few days since this article was released. I think we’ll see more about SEHS next week.

• Like Like x 3
  36. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Indeed time flies so quickly ! Will the roadmap be back at usual days like every Tuesday ?

37. ARuscoe

It was always fortnightly, so I would expect the next one Tuesday 26th

• Like Like x 2
  38. ARuscoe

Just been doing some more digging into the time setting of the route...
    [​IMG]
    This picture is a view from Platform 1 of Rochester (New) station and you can just see the station building on the left (the grey box with the brown flashing coming up the side) and on the right are two buildings, one white and one brown and grey.
    I live in Medway, about 3 miles from this station so I know the area fairly well and using google street view and the time lapse function you can determine that those buildings were not present even two years ago, so the route itself must be set after 2019
    Indeed the TSx version of the route has a construction site where those buildings are...

If you want to replicate this on google streetview go to google maps, look up Rochester and find the station, drag the streetview character to corporation road right next to the station car park
    In the top left of the map screen is the black/grey box and next to the word STREETVIEW is a clock, click this and you'll see all previous images captured by streetview and can scroll between them
    Rochester new station doesn't show up until May 2014 even as a building site.
    The station is completed by July 2016, but those buildings are not there
    The travelodge which I believe the white building is supposed to emulate was opened in 2019

• Like Like x 7
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So will the 375’s have the Purple/Blue livery?

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

From what I know they mostly had the blue livery at that time

• Like Like x 2
  41. londonmidland

It’s almost guaranteed it’ll be the latest ‘dark blue’ livery. DTG don’t do cross liveries either - look at GWE; all GWR green with no FGW despite the era, which would’ve been mostly FGW purple.

• Like Like x 3
  42. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

If we got London to Brighton could get Thameslink

• Like Like x 2
  43. ARuscoe

Works in reverse... If Thameslink (and other IP stakeholders for the class 700) say that DTG can make, publish and distribute their train then it could be used on the Brighton Mainline, among other routes (including the upcoming SEHS), but given it's not on the roadmap and they've already said that all current proposed routes are ON the roadmap, we can assume it's at least six months away (but likely more)

• Like Like x 3
  44. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Perhaps there not announcing new routes due to earnings so there could be announced closer to repackaged version for this year

• Like Like x 1
  45. ARuscoe

They’ve said on stream that they decide on groups of routes they’re going to develop and they’re half way through that group of releases
    So to me that says there’s a new group of decisions being made soon and we’ll see them on the roadmap sooner after that but very much investigation rather than production until the current batch is in dev

• Like Like x 2
  46. isaac cope

isaac cope New Member

When is the release date.
    Do you have any clue

47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

we’ll have more news hopefully on the next roadmap, but the best guesses are either the last week of January or early February.

• Like Like x 2
  48. ARuscoe

Nobody bar DTG knows the date

• Like Like x 1
  49. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

They have a Southern license, which is the same company as Thameslink so I'd imagine they have a license for them as well (alongside Gatwick express)

• Like Like x 2
  50. ARuscoe

Southern and Thameslink share a parent company, but they're not the same company at all. Oversimplification helps little

• Like Like x 2