Question About Third Party Substitution

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly, it requires manual work enabling any specific locomotive to be able to substitute another locomotive. With more thrid parties joining TSW, I wonder how substitution will work between DLC developed by different parties, and which party will have to make it possible.

As an example, there's the BR204 developed by Rivet, and there's the BR232 by TSG. Imagine we'd want the BR232 to be able to substitute the BR204. Who's job would it be to make this work? Is it Rivet who created the BR204 services? Is it TSG who created the BR232? Or is it DTG itself?

Or would all the different parties mean that substitution will never happen between DLC from different parties? Would Rivet locomotives only be able to substitute other Rivet locomotives, and TSG locomotives only substitute other TSG locomotives?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Why would a Br 232 be able to substitute for the Br 204? A main line diesel substituting for a shunter?

I‘m more interested in knowing whether the Br 232 will be able to substitute for the Br 185, Br 155, etc. I share your curiosity.

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Because I needed an example of two locomotives developed by two different third parties and this was the best one I could come up with.

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. Didn‘t think of that. Forget I said anything:D