Doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coastway trainspotter, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It would be good and a lot more realistic if a function was added to tsw2 where only doors that fit into the platform open . This would make a big difference on lots of routes , especially East Coastway, at stations like Berwick , Glynde , Lewis , and moulsecoomb as the train is usually longer than the platform length so disabling doors that don’t fit would be more realistic I think

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dusty_Bin

Dusty_Bin New Member

Yes, in essence, try and improve SDO (Selective Door Opening). Also in relation to doors, I'd wish to see improvement on slam-door scripting which would also mean improving passengers, so if a passenger boards my 101 at Thornaby they shut the door behind them, the only issue I see there is that TSW is wonky in that if so many doors are closed during boarding the game tells you to unlock the doors again but it sounds fixable.

3. cosmoreedoconnor

cosmoreedoconnor Member

The Class 377 already does this, if you look at the door open buttons one of them only opens the front four coaches' doors

4. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

It would also be cool to implement on LIRR as two stations, Kew Gardens and Forest Hills, are long enough for 4 coaches but the trains are all between 8 and 12 coaches long. In real life the guard operate the doors from the cab of the 4th coach to only open the correct doors but in TSW2 it should be done via SDO. The only way to do it realistically as of now is to run to the cab of the 4th coach once your stopped and operate the doors there, then run back to your cab. And that takes quite a substantial amount of time. Or you open the doors one by one with the outside camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

This isn't actually realistic. In real life, some trains (including the electrostar) have a system for SDO that using the GPS location of a train to find out where it's at, so it can precisely open the doors on the train. So say if you were at a station that fits 6 cars, but had an 8 car train, the train would get it's location by GPS, and that location would tell the train it is at that station, which would tell the train to only open the front 6 car's doors when selective door operation is selected.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I agree with you