British Dmu's?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Jan 16, 2021.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

There's been a lot of cheer for everything recently especially the announcement of steam engines but I been thinking, we have plenty of us freight loco now, high amounts of German loco and EMU's and they have recently added the first french route.

I know lots of people are excited about steam engines however we have a big gap in units.

Where are the British DMU's? I know we have the 101 and 166 but where are the every day common workhorses of the British rail network that are left out?

I'm talking class 150,153,156,158,159? Also let's not forget the intercity class 220,221,222? Or even some of the other units that are common depending on where you are such as the 185,170 and 170 variants? And let's not forget the brand new class 195?

There is a big gap in British trains right now that doesn't look like its going to be filled, other than the HST we are really out of luck. On British trains you have concentrated on old stuff theres hardly anything new.

Why leave a big gap in the library, I feel left out. Can only drive the 101 or 166 so much before they become annoying, the 101 for 70mph top speed and the 166 for being slower than the 101 unless you do long distances at high speed.

I love the 377 the M3/M7 they are the sort of hard worked trains yet they are all electric, nothing bad about that of course.

Am i to be left wondering forever after all the happiness I had when this first came to xbox in the tsw founders edition which I brought just to be constantly let down?

Am i that different from everyone else? I love trains and most mechanical engineering yet I feel like no one on here or at dovetail has the same interest yet I guess we all train fans of a sort or we wouldn't be here

• Like Like x 3
  2. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

Give us a Pacer for the NTP and Tees Valley.

• Like Like x 3
  3. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

You make a point, they match the era. Also you have reminded me as much as they have a bad reputation (dont know why myself thought they were ok) but they are one of the work horses as well.

I have also just remembered the class 180 intercity units

• Like Like x 2
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

DMU’s? Bring back Keith Waterhouse and the AAAA (Association for the Annihilation of the Aberrant Apostrophe).
    OK, so I’m a pedant. I admit it.

5. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see more British locos. Class 50 and 56’s. Even different liveried 47’s and 37’s.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I agree we need more British DMU’s, they’ve been very German oriented this year, hopefully the US & UK are better represented in the next batch of content.

• Like Like x 1