New York Division-bergen Line: A Very Serious Project.

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by Minerman146, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

Hello everyone, I am Minerman146 and if your not aware, the author of the New York Division Bergen Line Route in Workshop. Two weeks ago, on April 1 we completed 5 years of work on this 71 mile long route. The route is roughly based, in the modern era, in the year 2001. The route extends from Hoboken, NJ to the Eastern edge of Middletown, NY. In addition, there are 6 branch extension to Walden & Maybrook, NY, Tallman NY, Wood-Ridge, NJ, Hawthorne, NJ and the "Dundee Spur" in Passaic, NJ. There truly is something for everyone here. You have New Jersey Transit Commuter Operations, Norfolk Southern Service and two Shortlines: New York & Greenwood Lake and the Middletown & New Jersey RR.

You can find the routes here on workshop:
    New York Division Bergen Line: Work in Process
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265923409
    Croxton Ordinary: Finalized version from December 2017 with scenarios
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=827078456

With the background out of the way, I wanted to talk a little about my true passion. This is the Erie Lackawanna Railroad. Originally, my route was conceived as a test platform to learn route building. But, more so, I developing my working knowledge of the EL in the hope that Dovetail would notice and consider developing an Erie Lackawanna Route. They most certainly noticed this work and were very supportive, particularly Matt Peddlesden. At the same time, I was working on getting to Secaucus, NJ, DTG released its amazing New Jersey Coastline Route. With their wonderful model work of Hoboken Terminal, I was able to reach there too and offer a different approach to Hoboken on the Bergen County Line. And for 5 years you guys have been enjoying both routes. With out the NJ Coastline DLC, my route would been just a freight route.

In the past 2 years, I have worked with 3 different developers to get Erie Lackawanna DLC created. The first developed a GP35 that was a 3rd party release and so not on steam. The second was a project involving the U33/U34CH, which I believe DTG was aware of. Unfortunately, the developer retired before this could be completed. I want to say I tried VERY HARD to get Erie Lackawanna DLC into Steam so we could have Scenarios using that stock. This has not happened yet, but someday perhaps it will. The 3rd developer, who I wanted to build rolling stock for me, actually encouraged me to try my hand painting rolling stock. This is why I am here today with this post, so you can see my work. Perhaps Matt P. and DTG will see it too and consider my project again. Nonetheless, you have the opportunity to sample this work today and take a trip in the late 1960s and early 1970s!

Please be my guest and try some free ware samples and continue to enjoy TS2019 and the Bergen Line.
    Visit here :http://golden-age-rails.com/index.html

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

I am pleased to announce that this project which was first released in June of 2014 is finally nearing completion. The route clocks in at just over 99 miles of main line running, 26 stations and over 70 individual consignees. The scale of the project is without peer. Of course I recommend you to subscribe to it in Workshop (Its now number 7 in the top-routes of all time) if for nothing else than just to see the expanse of the scenery. You will not be dissapointed!

3. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

Will it include the NJT Main Line running into Clifton and Paterson?

4. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

CJM21292 - No Clifton or Patterson in this round, thus the route name. I have stubs going on that section of the Main Line for future use, (see Secaucus and Hawthorne). But what you do get is the Bergen County Line (in toto) and the Port Jervis Line ( in toto). Part of the Pascack and 5 branch lines if freight is your thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

• Like Like x 5
  6. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Congratulations on completing this mammoth project. I first saw it on Matt Peddlesden's streams a couple of years back and was extremely impressed by the amount of detail. I recently purchased Sherman Hill so I could download the route (not just out of the blue - Sherman Hill had been on my wishlist for a little while) and it is absolutely brilliant. I will probably purchase some extra NJT rolling stock for scenario making in the near future (again - not entirely out of the blue - I've been eyeing up the F40 and U34 for a little while now). Once again congratulations!

7. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

I have to say, that it was Matt's first video that just motivated me to push this thing as far as I could take it. His enthusiasm for trainsim is infectious! Some of his comments are just so over the top for me, like " Look at this right here, this goes to show you what you can do with assets" and "this route looks alive" and my personal fave " this is epic!". I remember what he said off the top of my head. It truly was influential to building the route. And I still wait, after all these years, to hear what he says now. I have to say that for a short time we thought they would make the route DLC. I am aware that this is not done, but it was cool just to think that it was possible even for a short time.

As my last comment I wanted to say I have been posting on railworksamerica.com for the past 6 years. I don't know who reads what and where. But, if someone wants me to go to town here and post with wild abandon about the route here, that is something I can definitely do.

• Like Like x 2