PlayStation Pzb Help Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doyden, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I was running PZB on a Hauptstrecke scenario just now and missed something that caused an emergency stop.

I'd be grateful if someone could take a look at the very short clip below and advise me what I did wrong please?

I passed through a green signal and was then slowing for a speed reduction. Having watched the video I can see in the gloom what looks like a magnet but I can't see sign or signal associated with it other than a small yellow rectangle on the ground.

This was my second attempt as I had an unexplained PZB incident very early in the first run so restarted, did nothing knowingly different but this time no PZB alarm.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Pzb acknowledged when you pass it and put max brake on and if that does not work slow down to that speed before you pass it and acknowledged that.

George tell me if that works

• Like Like x 1
  3. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

From what I can see you didn’t slow down enough because during some upcoming speed restrictions on any German routes there are usually speed check magnets before the actual line speed post and if you pass over the magnets at I believe over 10kmh faster than the upcoming speed limit then it emergency stops you. They have caught me out a few times.
    Ideally the correct thing to do is to start slowing down for upcoming speed restrictions as soon as you pass the orange post that indicates what the upcoming speed reduction.
    In terms of acknowledging PZB on speed reduction, you only need to acknowledge any speed reductions that are reducing to 100kmh or under to minimise PZB catching you out on speed restrictions. The speed restrictions that are 100kmh and under also apply to signals aswell.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

At the green signal, it looked like there was a yellow speed reduction triangle. Not long after, you go over a double magnet that needs to be acknowledged. They did catch me out a few times on RSN although the speeds are lower so easier to spot. On RSN, it also has magnets by some advanced speed reduction signs that aren't attached to a signal. Got caught a few times with those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Check out the red link in my signature. It explains exactly what happened to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I really appreciate them. I'll give it another try and see if I can achieve an error free run!

It was the S1 Express scenario.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Staying under 15 km/h over upcoming speed restrictions between 80-160km/h is the only regular PZB action not covered by the basics TSW teaches you. You should be alright now.
    Have fun:D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I tried this scenario again earlier and this time completed it without any problems!

Thanks again for the help and advice.

• Like Like x 2
  9. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Another thing. Normally you nees to reach the correct new limit at ~350m before the limit. You can just remain ~10kmh more but you need to continue to brake with much force

10. Lamplight

If you check my link, the precise distances are listed. There is an import difference between restrictions between 80-90 km/h and 100-160 km/h. D0FF123E-E187-4E32-9B28-B57EFBE3319C.jpeg

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One thing I'm unclear on, in relation to speed reductions. Assume PzB mode M. Traveling at 100 km/h. You pass a warning Zs3v reading "8" (80km/h).

Now: is slowing to 80 in the required distance adequate, or like a block signal does the Zs3v require you to slow to 70 first, and then accelerate to 80 after releasing?

12. Lamplight

If you go 100 while passing the announcement sign, then you‘ll have to acknowledge and slow down to 70 before accelerating again. If you slow down to 95 before passing the announcement sign, then slowing down to 80 is enough and no acknowledgement is necessary.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

95 as in within 15kph over the upcoming limit?

(PS: I acknowledge everything yellow. Just to be safe)

14. Lamplight

Exactly.
    Probably what you‘d do in real life, too. Just wanted to point out that you technically don‘t need to acknowledge it.