Random Emergency’s?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mn railfan, Jul 3, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mn railfan

Mn railfan New Member

Random emergency’s?

Do you guys think that the possibility of random emergencies like air hoses uncoupling or broken couplers, maybe even fire would be a thing in tsw2? I would like to see some signal failures and it would be cool if the train would de rail that you would have to help re rail it

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Things like wheel flats (reduced speed from then on), broken switches (odd in service movements), broken down trains (same again) would all liven things up and I've seen them in scenarios before. The imagination of the editor is what counts there, and of course the player taking note because the speed limits of the lines don't change even if some text says "You must proceed at 20..."

• Like Like x 2
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well you won't see things like fires, certainly not visually as I don't think the makers and licencees would allow it, understandably. Things like a train in front has failed, broken rails or signal failure certainly would be good but as said above you can already do that sort of thing in the scenario editor.

Signal failures already exist judging by the times I have had to tab past a signal to spad it!

4. mattanatior97

mattanatior97 Member

What about crossing gates that don't work and you have to stop if you can

5. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

agree but you have to push a key and the conductor would get off the engine and flag the crossing for you

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. benhhng

benhhng Member

I think the passengers caught by the doors should be added. If a passenger caught by a door, you have to reopen and close the doors by yourself. Apart from open the doors, I think the doors should be able to choose to be closed. Also it can choose to open or close the left side doors or right side doors.