New Underground Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alex_m30x#7297, Jan 18, 2021.

?
  1. District

2. Metropolitan probably not the full route

3. H&M

4. Circle

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Hi all, i see a lot of threads asking for lines like the northern/central e.ct. but i think what would be better would be one of the sub-surface lines with the more modern s stock, the metropolitan is probably too big but the district/circle/city would be nice. However i realise that they wont do the whole district but it think that they should try and have more than 2 major stations to go between every time. Maybe have wimbledon - tower hill/barking/upminster and also to richmond.
    Let me know what you think in the comments!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

The District line would be my preference. It is a 40 mile route. While it is 3x the length of the Bakerloo, I feel as though the district line has the more interesting timetable. The 4 sub surface railway lines are very interconnected so it may be hard to produce just one. However YES a S-Stock train would be amazing in Train Sim World. The lines could be pitched in between the transition where A,C and D Stock trains ran with the S-stock allowing DTG to make DLC trains. But any underground route would be a welcomed addition, perhaps not the Waterloo and City line (Less than 2 miles)!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Alex_m30x#7297

Good idea but i think the older train should be dlc as we already have bakerloo line

• Like Like x 1
  4. ScandiTrains

ScandiTrains Member

I would also love to see a new LU line! The s-stock is a great train, and the district line would be very interesting. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'd take the Circle and H&C Lines. But honestly, I love all Sub-Surface Lines. I'd be fine with any of them, as long as the full route is included with the announcements.

I'd love to see some of the older rolling stock on these routes as well, such as the A/C/D Stock. I love the S Stock, but there is something about the C/D Stock that feels so unique and cool. I'd be fine with the S Stock, but I'd love to have a combination of the rolling stock, maybe set in 2014 in the transition period.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yes it’s a good idea in principle but to be honest I very much doubt there would be on board announcements given we don’t even have pis on every route though we can live in hope

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want any subsurface route. The scenery on these routes just gets very boring very quickly. I think routes with a few underground stations like Rapid Transit are OK, but I'm getting a tad bored after the 5th or so underground station on the Bakerloo line.

Anything with a mix of underground and aboveground stations would have my preference.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

I think piccadilly line would be good. Its busy and goes to Heathrow
    In 1973 stock

9. Alex_m30x#7297

My problem with it is there is only one sort of path/route and we already have the 1972 stock which is very similar so a much more modern one would be nice.

10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The Subsurface lines are the ones with a mix of Above and Underground stations, and the scenery would not get boring. The Subsurface lines are nothing like what the Bakerloo was. They are bigger and more open. The District and Metropolitan have about 65-70% of their stations outside of tunnels, while the Circle and H&C Lines run on "Elevated" Viaducts between Paddington and Hammersmith. You're thinking of the wrong thing.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021