PlayStation Mp15dc 'rattling Noises'

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fabienlimp95, Jan 18, 2021.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

So I've started the the Timetable "Extra 02" On Peninsula Corridor with the MP15DC switcher. As I drive along with the wagons on the back, I started picking up speed. At about 30-35mph a "rattling" noise apears. It's massively loud and can only be heard from the inside of the cab, no note of it from the outside. It drives me a bit crazy as it is freaking loud and I actually have no clue if that's supposed to be or if I have done a mistake at preparing the Train...

Would be great to see if other people have experienced it.

2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

A mí también me pasa y creo que es totalmente normal. Esta locomotora no parece estar diseñada para viajar muy rápido. Reconozco que me gusta ese ruido, y da más sensación de velocidad de la que realmente llevas, que está muy bien hecho. Maldita sea, vas a 60 mph y parece el TGV :D

3. fabienlimp95

What ? :D

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

From Google Translate...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have noticed this with the MP15-DC
    But I think this is how it was designed. But with TSW 2 using a slightly different sound engine the sounds are a little over the top. In certain cases the sounds are extremely quiet and some don't even play. So work is needed with the sounds clearly.
    On TSW 2020/TSW 1 that rattling noise can be heard as well, but the sound is much more quieter and blended into the overall sound due to the outside of the locomotive canceling it out.
    In TSW 2 the sounds are just a little different. I have noticed just hearing plain rattling that does not get canceled out or sounds in tune with the locomotive.
    This is all from my testing and experience with this locomotive. I have compared the 2 between both games. I find the original one on TSW 2020 to sound a little better than the one on TSW 2.
    But as stated via the roadmap(s), General sound and train improvements are on the way and this one can be mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Sorry, it seems that instead of copying the translated text, I did it with the original.
    I see that Blacknred81 has translated it, thank you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  7. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I love that rattling. The noise at higher speeds really adds to the experience for me.

8. fabienlimp95

It's not the 'normal' rattling noises from the wagons etc. It was like a metallic sound, really loud and I couldn't relate it to anything. Funny thing is now, I've again driven the MP15DC with wagons and the sound didn't appear again so far. So it's maybe a problem with the soundengine, sounddesign ,which we know DTG is working on.
    Beside that, I think the sound of this Loco is pretty amazing...