Newyork City Subway (lexington Avenue Line 4,5,6 Trains)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Justin Navarro, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

Im here to suggest a great route that a lot of people would like to see and that's the Lexington Avenue Line on the NewYork City Subway. I'm suggesting this because I would love to see these trains on TSW2. I personally live near the last stop on the 6 train which is Pelham Bay Park. I take these trains everyday to school. I always wonder/imagine how amazing these three trains would be a successful add-on to TSW2. I'm sure that you know that the NewYork City Subway trains are color coded with that being said the Lexington Avenue Line color is dark green.

The Lexington Avenue Line consists of the 4,5 and 6 trains. The 4 train consists of two types of modeled trains the R142's and the R142A's. The 4 train has 47 stations in total with 14 local stations in The Bronx and 14 express stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn. The 4 train only runs local in Manhattan and Brooklyn unless told otherwise. The whole 4 train line is 22.2 miles long. On a normal schedule the 4 train runs from Woodlawn station in The Bronx going local from Woodlawn to 125th street in Manhattan then runs express from 125th street in Manhattan to Crown Heights - Utica Avenue in Brooklyn. During the night the 4 trains go a little bit further to New Lots Avenue where it connects to the 3 train but that's only at night. Every other time the last stop on the 4 train is Crown Heights - Utica Avenue. The 4 train runs local in The Bronx and express in Manhattan and Brooklyn. The 4 and 5 trains each have 10 cars per train. It has one cab at each end of the train and two in the Middle of the 10 car train. When theres track work happening on the weekends the 4 train runs from Woodlawn too Bowling Green still going local in the Bronx and express in Manhattan. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The 5 trains only consists of one type of modeled train and those are the R142's . There are two types of 5 trains one runs from Nereid Avenue in The Bronx to Flatbush Avenue - Brooklyn College in Brooklyn and the other one is from Eastchester Dyre Avenue in The Bronx to Flatbush Avenue - Brooklyn College in Brooklyn. (Both 5 trains run local in the Bronx and express in Manhattan and Brooklyn) On a normal schedule the 5 train runs from Eastchester Dyre Avenue in the Bronx going local from Eastchester Dyre Avenue to 125th street in Manhattan and Express from 125th street in Manhattan to Flatbush Avenue - Brooklyn College in Brooklyn where it connects to the 2 train with the 2 and 5 trains being the last stop at Flatbush Avenue - Brooklyn College. When theres track work happening on the weekends the 5 train runs from Eastchester Dyre Avenue to Bowling Green as well as the 4 trains last stop is Bowling Green. The 5 train line is 28.4 miles in total including both 5 trains. The first 5 train that runs from Nereid Avenue to Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn College consists of 40 station 20 local and 20 Express. The second 5 train that runs from Eastchester Dyre Avenue to Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn College consists of 36 stations in total including local and express stations.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lastly the 6 train. The 6 train consists of one type of modeled train cars these are a lot older than the R142's and R142A's they are the R62A's. The 6 train line is 19.8 miles long. The 6 train line is a bit shorter because it doesn't run in Brooklyn. The 6 train has 38 stations in total. The 6 train has 10 express Stations and the rest are local. The 6 train runs from Pelham Bay Park in The Bronx to Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall in Manhattan. The 6 train runs express in the Bronx and local in Manhattan its a bit different then the 4 and 5 trains. On the weekdays the 6 train runs express in The Bronx and local in Manhattan. But on the weekends the 6 train is completely local making all 38 stops. The 6 train runs express from Parkchester East 177th street in The Bronx to 125th street in Manhattan and then runs local to Brooklyn Bridge City Hall, and on the way back to Pelham Bay Park it runs express from 125th street in Manhattan to Parkchester East 177th street in The Bronx. The R142A models rarely run on the 6 train. If they do run on the 6 line it will only run In Manhattan only not the Bronx. The R142A's run on the 6 line only when there track work being done. When this happens the 6 train gets split up in two sections. One will be from Pelham Bay Park in The Bronx to 125th street in Manhattan using the R62A's. Then you to transfer to a different downtown 6 train at 125th street in order to get to Brooklyn Bridge City Hall where the 6 trains will then be using the R142A 6 train

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The R142's and R142A's both have automated announcements on their trains. Theres also announcements at the station too for the 4,5, and 6 trains in fact theres announcements at every station for the whole NYCT. Also the R142's and R142A's have light up destination screens. The R62A's on the 6 has destination screens but not light up they get switched manually as the others on the modern trains get switched automatically. Adding this would make the game way more realistic and fun to play and would be very nice if you were to add those into the game because if you didn't then the DLC wouldn't be complete without the announcements. They also have unique propulsion sounds which I know you guys won't have a problem implementing the sounds into the game because you guys did great with the LIRR and ICE3 sounds. Is anyone for this DLC if so let me know I would love to hear your thoughts about it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is a great suggestion, you definitely covered in great detail how the Lexington Avenue mainly runs. I think it would be great if they can include all IRT subway lines into one TSW route or the whole subway system one TSW route because there are a few transfer points and connection points where IRT and IND trains meetup. I think this can be created as there are many resources out there for the NYC subway system such as track and station diagrams, blueprints for the subway rolling stock, audio clips, RFW videos showing the cab view of the subway ride and much more. If the Lexington Avenue line gets created for TSW some day, I just hope the developers make the subway packed, with trains running every few minutes, delays and service disruptions occuring regularly, and accurate sounds.

A mixture of different scenearios can occur on the Lexington Avenue line as the service patterns may change due to delays, weekend GO's and track reroutes. Some examples could be when 6 trains run via the 4 line to 149th Street Grand Concourse, 4 trains running via the 6 line to 138th Street-3rd Avenue, and 5 trains running via 4 line to Burnside Avenue.

Prior to 2013, when R62A's were still used on the 7 line, the 6 line consisted of R142A's (about 95% of the cars from the main order) ranging from 7211-7590. It would be great if they can have NTT and SMEE variants of the 6 line. I believe in either 2012 or 2013, the R142A's were in the process of being converted to R188's to run on the 7 line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nyc-subway-4-5-6-trains-lexington-ave-line.33196/ We already have a Suggestion for the Lexington Av Line. And it was only suggested about a week or two ago. Please contribute to one of these previous suggestions instead of making a whole new one. This suggestion includes the service pattern and a little more information. We already have a good amount of support on this suggestion across these threads, Reddit, and YouTube.

Also, you mentioned LIRR Sounds. The sounds on LIRR are actually not (fully) accurate and lots of the sounds in TSW are... questionable at best.

4. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

I know that the LIRR sounds are not 100% accurate but its decent. And your always judging me for my suggestions like I don’t know whats your problem. I see in Blue it says WE WANT NYC SUBWAY well im making a more detailed suggestion about it

5. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

Yeah I miss the R124A's on the 6 line they were the best for me. I know it would be amazing to get the whole IRT Subway lines 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 but you know I did it in smaller portions so the whole forum is not one big long page.
    Thanks you for backing up my suggestion 100% I appreciate it. you know some people like to judge suggestions like this other guy that replied to my suggestion. but Thank You for adding more to my suggestion it really helped :)

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

That's not judging. I'm just saying there are already many repeated suggestions for NYC Subway on these forums. It subtracts from the already big suggestions that have already gained traction and support. This suggestion is fine. You've provided tons of details and stuff on the Lex Av Line. You explained the Rolling Stock with the R142/A and the R62A. That's great. All I'm tryna say is it's better to contribute to an older one, with more information in it. It was just a suggestion for a suggestion. It just clogs the forums with the same exact thing if more and more threads are made one after another on the same topic. I feel like if we give more support to the bigger threads, they'll really see that it's wanted.

But for you to say that I'm judging... that statement is incorrect.

Also "Always" is incorrect. You've only made 3 other forum threads and this exact same thing was said ONLY for Staten Island Railway.

You're acting like I don't want to see it in the game. I love NYC Subway. Born on the 1/9 Line and I currently live on the 6. The 6 is amazing with the old R142A's it used to run before transferring them to the 4 and 7. The 4 is great with its Express/Local services down Lexington Av. And the 5 is unique with its Day/Night Service pattern.

We have an extremely big community that backs the NYC Subway suggestions for this game. We are currently working on putting together suggestions for all trunk lines of the system. And it would be simpler and would show support behind these suggestions more if you contribute to one of those big trunk suggestions.

So let's make it clear. Not Judging. Just suggesting something.