Lund Central To Copenhagen Central

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swedewagon, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Swedewagon

Swedewagon Well-Known Member

The line i want to see is the most southern bit of the Southern Main Line that joins with the West Coast Line at the northern terminus of this route, Lund Central Station and continues under Malmö (the 3rd biggest city in Sweden) and over the Öresund Bridge towards Copenhagen Central Station, the southern terminus of this route
    Lund C
    [​IMG]
    We start off at Lund Central Station inaugurated in 1858, with 6 tracks and 4 platforms currently, the northern terminus of this route. Lund C has long-distance train connections with, among others, SJ (The government-owned and dominant Railway Operator in Sweden) High-Speed trains to Stockholm and Gothenburg. Night trains to Stockholm and Storlien also run on the station on certain days. With the Öresund train system there are connections to Copenhagen, Helsingør, Kristianstad, Karlskrona, Kalmar and Gothenburg. Lund C is an important hub also within the local train traffic. The trains along the Malmö-Höör-Kristianstad, Trelleborg-Landskrona-Helsingborg and Malmö-Teckomatorp-Helsingborg lines stop at the station. In Lund, the West Coast Line turns off from Southern Main Line (between Malmö and Stockholm). This means that the station has three outbound railway lines; towards Malmö (Copenhagen, Helsingør, Trelleborg), Eslöv (Stockholm, Kristianstad, Kalmar) and Kävlinge (Helsingborg, Gothenburg).

Malmö C (Lower Level)
    [​IMG]
    Malmö Central Station is Sweden's fourth largest station, measured in terms of annual passengers. Malmö Central has in- and international long-distance train services to Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen and summer time to Berlin. The centre is also a hub for regional train traffic, with connections to Helsingborg, Ängelholm, Kristianstad, Karlskrona, Kalmar and Simrishamn. The Öresund train runs every 20 minutes to Copenhagen and northern Zealand with the final station Helsingør. It is also a part of the City Tunnel project, which was inaugurated in 2010.

Triangeln (The Triangle)
    [​IMG]
    Triangeln (literally translated to the Triangle) station is an underground cavern station under the Triangeln area in Malmö with escalators and elevators leading up partly to triangelns shopping center and St. John's Church, the northern entrance, as well as to the Dental College and Skåne University Hospital in Malmö, the southern rise. Triangeln station is also a part of the City Tunnel. Triangeln station was built in an underground cavern, about 25 meters below ground with two tracks and an intermediate platform.

Malmö Hyllie
    [​IMG]
    The station is partially overbuilt in an open shaft seven meters below the ground and holds 4 tracks with two intermediate platforms. All county trains, i.e. the Öresund trains and the Påga trains, stop at Hyllie station. Trains to/from Simrishamn and Ystad run since August 2011 via Hyllie. The other trains have hyllie station as the final station, while the Öresund trains continue to Denmark. As a result, Hyllie has taken over Malmö Central Station's role as the final station for most non-continuous commuter trains. It is the station on the Swedish side of the Sound that is closest to the Öresund Bridge, on the Öresund line. The station is located in the Hyllie district of Malmö (hyllievång area) and connects here to the City Tunnel. Nearby buildings include The Point, Malmö Arena and Emporia shopping centre, both about 100 metres from the station.
    Copenhagen Airport[​IMG]
    The airport has a railway station with 20-minute Öresund train services on the Malmö-Copenhagen route, reversing Danish intercity and Re trains, and in SJ's X2000 to/from Stockholm, in summer also Gothenburg. The station, known as "Copenhagen Airport", which after Hovedbanegården and Nørreport is eastern Denmark's third largest station for long-distance and regional trains, has two platforms, which imposes certain capacity constraints, and a bypass track for freight trains. It is buried next to Terminal 3, within a short walking distance for air travelers.
    Copenhagen C[​IMG]
    Copenhagen Central Station is the hub of the DSB railway network serving Denmark and international destinations. It offers InterCity and Express trains services across Denmark, as well as services to several international destinations, regular and frequent regional train services to and from Zealand and southern Sweden (also referred to as Öresund trains). The station also services the Copenhagen S-train network, but the S-train system in Copenhagen doesn't use any kind of hub at all. It is an urban transit which differs from most Metro systems mainly by being a type of railway. At the station are two platforms with four tracks that are used by the S-trains only. All other trains usually use the other four platforms and eight tracks.

The Rolling Stock
    DSB IC3
    [​IMG]

The X31K is the third and newest of IC3 DMU's offspring, which is specifically designed for use in the regional traffic in areas surrounding the Öresund Bridge. The train is operated by both DSB and Transdev. Its formation is ET-FT-ET. The train is electrically powered, and can run on both Danish power (25 kV, 50 Hz) and Swedish power (15 kV, 162⁄3 Hz). It is called Contessa by its manufacturer, and designated Litra ET in Denmark and X31K in Sweden. Only the front and the cabin are similar to IC3. The wheels, bogies and motors are more similar to Bombardier Regina and each carriage has two bogies. It is used for the regional cross-border traffic called Øresundståg, and the train type is also often called that, these trains are used for some other traffic too.

Alstom Coradia X61[​IMG]
    X61 is the name of the Alstom Coradia Nordic railcar which was ordered by Skånetrafiken, the regional public transport organisation in Scania (Sweden), operate 99 X61 trainsets, of which the first batch of 49 trainsets were delivered 2009–2011. An additional 20 trainsets was ordered in 2011, and in 2017 further 30 trainsets was ordered. The X61 is based on the SL X60, but with four cars per set instead of six and a total length of 75 m (246 ft), and are operated both as single trainsets and as longer trains made up of two connected four-car trainsets (and it is also possible to use three connected four-car trainsets to get even longer trains). The interior of the X61 is better suited for the often longer distances covered by regional trains, with toilets (which the SL X60 commuter trains do not have) and more comfortable seats. Östgötatrafiken (the public transport organisation in Östergötland) has bought 5 trains of type X61, delivered in 2010, and has ordered eight more, which was delivered 2015. Västtrafik (the public transport organisation in Västra Götaland) has bought 22 X61 trains.

Conclusion
    And that's all i had in mind for this concept of mine. Feel free to comment or correct me if i did anything wrong. That's all from me for now. Peace fellow Train Enthusiasts

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 21
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

A great suggestion! Could it go more towards Roskilde?
    I personally would have loved to have seen Aalborg to Aarhus or Padborg to Fredericia, but any Danish route gets my vote especially because of how there would be a boarder included! It would be so fun!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Swedewagon

They could make a separate route for it, since it'd probably take too long to complete the whole route.

It already takes 55 minutes to an hour to get from Lund to Copenhagen, since i've gone there by train myself. I'd actually like to see Vogelfluglinie, from Puttgarten to Lübeck, or even the Fehmarn Bridge Link if they could potentially make that route in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rail Runner

Oh ok. That is fair enough. Still an amazing suggestion and gets my vote any day.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

as a swede i would like to see this

• Like Like x 1
  6. Swedewagon

A fellow Swede i see. I'd also want Stockholm to Uppsala/Gävle, if that's possible. Via the Arlanda Line of course, and the traditional one through Märsta too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

i would like a line that starts in Trelleborg since it has a freight yard and an railway station as seen here and the trains are BR 185.2 and X61 [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

It would be really Nice route!

• Like Like x 2
  9. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

That would be very good route for TSW2! As a Finnish person I totally support Nordic route suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

It's EMU, not DMU

• Like Like x 1
  11. marctrewj

marctrewj New Member

Absolutely great suggestion! Since I’m based in Helsingør my self. A route in Denmark or just Scandinavia would always get my vote!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Swedewagon

The original purely danish IC3 is a DMU. Not an EMU.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rail Runner

Yep. The IC3 is a DMU. The IR4 is the EMU

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Lord Snabel

Lord Snabel New Member

Nice Route, great suggestion as posted before by others i think Øresunds Route would be a interesting route to play, and crossing a big bridge.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  15. nicolas.magnussen

nicolas.magnussen New Member

Would love to see this route!