PlayStation Arosa Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stevens9001, Jan 19, 2021.

1. stevens9001

stevens9001 Member

Who else is looking forward to the arosa line it looks awesome.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'm definitely interested in how it'll work in TSW. It's been on the roadmap for a long time, and it makes me wonder it Rivet is having any issues with developing it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in it and will most likely get this at release.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Very much so. I liked what Rivet did with Isle of Wight and if this is as good as that then this will be worth every penny. The route and the Ge 4/4 ii both look really interesting and I’m sure it’ll be a joy to drive.

5. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Its a line that will sit on its own being that it is a metre gauge line. I presume it won't be compatible with the scenario planner due this?
    Does this mean we'll see other metre gauge routes/locos?

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it since it's coming with a train that came out in 1973. I have the route in ts2021 with the modern train. I feel life rivet are on a vintage train tirade at the moment

7. ZeenozPlays

There could be a Rolling Stock DLC to add the modern train.

8. tallboy7648

The modern train should come with the route though. They did that in the ts version of this route

9. ZeenozPlays

Maybe Rivet just wanted to change it up. The Rolling Stock is the reason I won't be getting the route, but if the Modern Rolling Stock has a DLC to go along with the route, I might just get it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

I wonder when rivet will actually make modern trains for tsw2 instead of old school trains

11. ZeenozPlays

Idk. I voted for more commuter rail in their recent survey/Q&A. Maybe if that gets the majority of votes they'll do a commuter rail route with some modern rolling stock like maybe a Berlin S-Bahn Route? That's speculation though.

I'm really interested in how the scenery will look on this route in the Unreal Engine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hopefully Rivet will make more lovely vintage trains as DTG are likely to make lots of modern stuff. A good balance between the two. Of course, steam will come in one day and that will eat into the vintage side of things as well, so we need as many old diesels and electrics as possible before then.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

The Berlin S-Bahn would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  14. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I imagine the older trains are more interesting and challenging to drive. The modern units are very simple.
    I think it’s the route and the spectacular scenery which will take the precedent over the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 3
  15. tallboy7648

I guess I won't be buying many products from rivet then. The majority of players do prefer modern content over vintage historic content according to dtg but it's always good to make the minority happy

16. a.paice

Im sure Rivet will be devastated lol

I like modern best too but I appreciate the extra complexity of older stock and they are usually more interesting to drive. All of the RhB Ge 4/4 II’s are all still in service so it’s not like they are not relevant on the modern scene.

The fact it is a locomotive as well means there is likely to be a variety of stock to haul with passengers and freight and maybe some shunting. This will add a lot of value for money for most compared to just shuttling a basic EMU up and down.

As usual I’d suggest waiting for it to launch and watching some streams before you make your mind up. Then you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I wasn't too impressed with the scenery and the sounds were terrible on IOW so I seriously hope they've upped their game for this

• Like Like x 2
  18. ZeenozPlays

I'd consider the sounds on IOW to be great... only because there's actually track noise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I am very looking forward to it and to be honest am glad that the Ge 4/4 II is included as they were the common sight when I visited the route for the first time in real life :) I love the RhB, the surrounding landscape is gorgeous and each of its routes has its own feeling :)
    I am curious how the area in Chur will be implemented and hope for a cab car (again...) and that Rivet gained experience in console released.
    Regarding my passion for the RhB I am pretty sure I will buy it on day one though... :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Having been stung by Rivet with IoW, I certainly won’t be buying the route straightaway at full price.

I was really disappointed that IoW was missing over half the trophies on PS4 compared to other platforms and the number of bugs/issues.

I’m still not entirely satisfied with the quality of IoW, but it would appear that any further updates/improvements are off the cards and Rivet/DTG keep referring to each other having to fix things.

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s odd that. I thought the scenery was excellent and the sounds are fairly good. There are still a few issues with the route and not everything was resolved in the patches that came but I’d say it’s still better than a lot of DTG’s content for sounds and having few bugs.

This route is a bigger project, so hopefully they’ll build on their experience with IoW, which for me is quite exciting because they are already starting out from a good opener. Obviously we don’t know how well they will do but I’ll stay optimistic for now because I want it to be good.

22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Your described experiences are what hold me back the most to be honest. The broken sound of the 204 and no fixes in sight are an alarm sign as well.
    On the other hand it's the RhB... lets see. :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

My main complaint about scenery is Brading, but the 483 sounds literally nothing alike to the real thing and although it's a pretty small thing, I'd love to hear different track joint sounds on Ryde pier.
    tsw brading.jpg P1010226.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  24. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, it sounds like it has the same sounds as the 72 Stock.

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Park station appearing from nowhere is also pretty poor.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. ZeenozPlays

Scenery looks real nice. Can't imagine being an operator though, Idk how I'd feel being that close to that cliff.

• Like Like x 1
  28. a.paice

Very nice- how they model the road traffic could make or break this. Hopefully they aren’t just barren streets.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

How long is the Arosa line anyway? I take it that it’s a lot longer then IOW?

30. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It's length is about 25km, due to its maximum speed of about 35 kph tue journey nevertheless takes some time ;)

31. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

To be fair to Rivet, they did include the most modern stock available on the IOW route even if it was built in 1938 :D

I hope they are working on bringing out the class 484 as a DLC when it enters service. I’m not sure how they would go about licencing the livery though given they had to use NSE livery on the 483s.

32. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Um, "vintage"? The Ge 4/4 II is still in regular daily service on the Arosa.

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'd better keep a tight grip on the steering wheel!

• Like Like x 1