Stevens Pass Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by eri, Mar 4, 2018.

1. eri

eri Member

railworks crashes now after i added stevens pass,...and cannot load stevens pass itself....the equipment from stevens pass loads on all other routes but that one....stevens pass has a bug or something is missing in it...caching clear and everything is updated on my end...

Attached Files:

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would suggest preforming a integrity check of the game hopefully that will detect what is missing and re-download any missing files.

3. eri

eri Member

how would i do this...If i unistall this...would i have to rebuy it?

4. eri

eri Member

that did work...ty

5. Michael Newbury

Glad to here that fixed the issue fyi you never have to buy the game again if you have to uninstall the game also all your content stays as well. Here are a few steps here if you ever have to do that. It saved me after a corrupt workshop file took out my game.

First step goto programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\railworks\content copy the following to a safe place to put back once reinstalled.
    playerprofiiles.bin
    rvbdcache.bin
    rvbdcache.bin5
    sdbcache.bin
    sdbcache.bin.md5

Then in steam right click on train simulator and select unistall the game and follow the prompts, once that is complete exit out of steam. then goto prografiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common and check and see if railworks still appears if so delete it. Then relaunch steam slect train simultator over to the right you will see install click on it. it will take a bit to reinstall, once it is complete take those files you copied to a safe place and put them back.

6. eri

eri Member

i got this after reloading the stevens pass

Attached Files:

7. Michael Newbury

That is a first for me seeing that error message, the one I was getting was railworks crashed.

8. eri

eri Member

i lowered the graphics and it seems to be running fine ...for right now...I tried several attempts and this one has gotten me further

9. goes2jack

goes2jack New Member

This probably isn't the correct place, but will ask anyhow. I usually run the integrity file check around once a month. Will that do any harm? It usually finds a few files that need to be reinstalled. Thanks. Jack

10. Michael Newbury

It should not cause any harm to do it once a month.