Euro Fishing Carp, Carp, Carp...

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Mickyfinnzee, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

I'm fishing on foundry dock trying to get all the boss fish and no matter what I do all i get is carp! I only need Dave and Bob so I've been using small hooks and baits trying waggler etc and still all I'm getting is carp and the occasional catfish... In approx 10-12hrs play I have not landed a single roach or tench this is also the case on manor farm lake! I've used a combination of maggot, bread punch, sweet corn paired with waggler tactics or small hooks. Having looked through other posts and it would appear the latest update has wiped out the ability to land anything other than carp and the odd catfish. Please look into this and anyone experiencing similar please comment!

2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Managed 1 x bream on Manor lake on double large sweetcorn near the car park end of the lake - An oz under 10lb but there after not a sniff of a Roach, Tench or Bream. I did managed to catch a 20lb catch fish on bread flake??

3. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Fishing on 3lb line with a size 12 hook I am still pulling tench, bream and roach out of all the venues. Float fishing for me has gone dead on all lakes bar the observatory and larena which I am planning to try on float today. I am also still pulling bigger tench and bream out of most venues on size 6 hooks with a boilie but I use 5lb line everywhere bar St johns where I use 10lb and Presa where its 15. So if you are not catching them on a rig then maybe line is now a factor.

4. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Tried lines from 8lb down to 3lb and still nothing on the waggler and just small carp under 12lb when using size 12 hair rig on the deck...

5. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Floats seem to have gone to hell since the update. Try a size 12 hair rig with worms or bread or corn on Foundry. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. tracko644

tracko644 Member

I've not really had any problems catching Tench, Bream or Roach on Manor( 12 hooks, 5lb line & red maggot) but as mentioned in another thread, the bosses just don't seem to be there

7. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

I've managed 5 boss carp on manor but keep catching the same 5! I've caught kempys linear and Chris pet 4 times each along with two tone and cut tail 3 times and the one with a birthmark twice! Can't seem to get any others even by switching up swims and tactics

8. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So far managed "the other linear" 3 times, across two different swims with large boille baits (New ones) but no other boss carp as of yet.

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Had a number of "normal" 30's though across the lake, in fact my first catch on Manor lake was exactly that..... a 30lb mirror.

10. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Try fishing the first peg to left of car park peg at about 70yds out approx 11 o clock. Theres a gravel bar and i have caught all 5 boss from there at least once, all on size 4 blowback with 18mm tnt

11. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Nice one... will give it a go. TNT seemed to be the most successful bait ive used on Manor, tried a number of different type/size pellets but the fish in general don't seem to be very reactive to them - Natural baits such as sweetcorn and bread have worked ok but the catch rate is definitely slower with them I find.

12. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

Caught nine of the boss carp on Manor, so far. All but one of them have taken the bait multiple times. 18mm boilies on #4 hooks. Thanks for the info on the smaller boss species. I really don't know anything about fishing for them in real life as we don't have them here in the states.

13. tracko644

tracko644 Member

14. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Just got my quantity over quality trophy (150 fish from manor). From those 150 I have had 6 boss carp, a few cats upto 29lbs but no boss, 2 roach, 1 tench and not a single bream... I have mainly been targeting carp tbf with 15-18mm baits on 6-4 hooks but always have at least one rod with bread, sweetcorn or maggot size 12 hook and lower breaking strain line! Feels like theres a definite imbalance towards carp now across all lakes...

15. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Going to give it a go tonight on Manor and tweak my tactics down to a smaller setup and see where it goes !

16. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Let me know how it goes...

17. Derrick Miller

I have caught three bream on Manor with 16mm liver boilie.

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

A little more success - Fished the furthest left swim on the car park side along the gravel bar that runs 55/60 yards out in front slightly right parallel with the bank/reeds at 6pm, long day. Used smaller hooks size 10 with still fairly strong line 10lb/15lb with bloodworm and caster. Had lots of fairly medium size carp (late teens) but also a few tench with the biggest being 10lb 2oz. Had a couple of bream 7/8lb mark and a couple of roach, one being a bit of a monster at 3lb 1oz. No boss fish though from any species...

19. Derrick Miller

Chizzckh, was that on a float? I am still learning how folks fish in Europe and don't always understand the obvious. :)

20. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Have caught plenty of Tench at manors & I'm certain some have been boss fish that don't state the name (you can usually tell by the size of the fish in the picture when you release it). I think the problem lies with the names not displaying.

21. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

No problem Derrick, the Roach was caught on a float in the margins directly left on the swim I described above no more than a few feet from the bank (see RIP float fishing thread for better info) using size 14 waggler with bloodworm. The gravel bar and fish I described was all on ledger tactics using smaller hooks with fairly constant spodding - Hope that helps?

22. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

The most productive swim I have found on Manor is the overhanging tree, catching 6 boss carp in one session. Bait was the hi-vis pop-up on an size 4 silt hook using 25lb line.i also caught 5 catfish in the same session. As for catching the other species, fish the small bay using 12 Lb line or less with various small baits on the size 12 braided hair rig.
    My angler is an master angler level 25
    I use the PS4 pro with boost mode activated.
    Ps. Still having issues trying to fish the baits in the margins without the baits drifting.!

23. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Where abouts on the hanging willow peg do you fish? Tried next to willow but as you say keeps drifting.
    I've tried the gravel bed just off the end of the willow too and also the one straight out with limited success.

24. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

IMG_1111.PNG Mickyfinnzee. Use an underarm cast and fish directly under the overhanging tree.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  25. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Do you not find the bait won't settle and drifts from right to left??

26. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

The session I had there was none stop action. Use the spod rod to bait the swim. The baits will drift until they reach the outer branches if the fish don't get there 1st

27. Mickyfinnzee

Mickyfinnzee Member

Thanks... I'll give a go later!

28. Derrick Miller

I concur regarding the productivity of that swim when it is hot. And spodding seems to be very effective. It is the most productive swim I have found, as well. In fact, that is where I caught the few bream I have wrangled in.

29. sarahnolan

sarahnolan New Member

Yeah it will going to help. Thanks for the information.