Forever April

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tanglebones, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to create a scenario, at least in NTP (haven't tried it with any other one yet), it's *always* set in April - no matter what season I've set in the Timeline. I set autumn rain, and it's raining - but in April. I set winter blizzard, making sure the temperature is below 0 deg C, and when I got to the scenario I've created - the snow lasts two seconds because the month is April. That same weather works fine in the timeline, it's only in the Scenario Planner that it defaults to April.

Any ideas how to fix this? Boggles my mind how we can't set weather directly in scenarios we create.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Nope. What you describe is working as intended.

I was really looking forward to the scenario planner but I do often think why they even bothered - it's basically just "remake our timetable mode with even more restrictions". You can't do anything meaningful I find.

• Like Like x 3
  3. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Good that you posted.
    Version two is in the works and you just pushed weather fix further up the list of improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

You would think things such as changing the weather and making our own timetable with less restrictions would be in version 1 though. Whoever signed off on the current scenario designer must not have been smart to realize how restrictive it is and that there would be people unhappy about it and calling on improvements.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sometimes I wonder why they bothered in the first place

6. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Well they've gotta start somewhere I guess. As they've said, this is version 1 of a tool which they intend to keep working on so what we have now is by no means the finished product. To be fair to them, its better than not having a scenario planner at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

I get the feeling the Scenario Planner was a hurried piece of work for when the announcement was coming about no editor making an appearance. Looking forward to Version 2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

The livery editor was poor when it was first released but now it is very much improved and liveries can be made easier.

It’s not perfect but I hope the scenario planner will show the same level of improvement