Another Db Policy Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jan 21, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In shunting/yard work, are PZB and Sifa required to be on?

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yes, they are.

3. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I wonder how that works with remote control then?

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Ok, after your comment I decided to look at the official rules, which can be found here. They‘re in German for obvious reasons, but that‘s my source.

If the switching/shunting operation will require more then 30 minutes, you should use the PZB Störschalter, which in turn disables the elements of PZB you actively interact with. Other PZB sub-functions (speed protocol for example) are still running. It doesn‘t meantion SIFA, I‘d have to take a look at the remote control to figure out whether you can disable that. I guess as the remote control has its own feature to see whether the operator is still alright (if the controller tilts too much there‘s an emergency brake application), you probably disable SIFA when using remote control but keep it on if you stay in the cab.

I‘ll admit that I was wrong in my initial statement, but what I just described should be right. I‘m happy to be corrected if I‘m still wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  5. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I always activate PZB, I like the little lamps and opening the PZB circuit breaker box. :)

SIFA is tough with the 363 especially with the HUD off. I can't seem to find the SIFA leuchtmelder in the cab. Plus the alert isn't very loud, so I keep on getting halted every 30 seconds. :)

• Like Like x 1