Important Psa! 6 Tsw2 Routes For £38.39

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HUGHESF1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. HUGHESF1

HUGHESF1 New Member

This may come as no surprise for seasoned TSW users especially those that have owned the original Train Sim World for some time and made the transfer to TSW 2 with their DLC.

However, as I have found today and over a few hours of searching to reaffirm my findings, it is possible to grab 6 routes for TSW 2 for £38.39 (gamepass) or £47.99 for those without! Yes 6!

I actually came across through my recent purchase of a 30% discount of GWR pack at £17.49 over the Xbox sale and was curious about other sales for TSW 2 given their hefty £25 price tag and rarity. Fortunately to my amazement Dovetail offer all TSW preserved content free upgrades to TSW 2 for those that own it on the original TSW 2020

3A47E02D-0783-4844-9E55-08601635F975.jpeg

After snooping through the editions for TSW 2020 and trial a refund retreat if it failed. I bought the TSW 2020 collectors editions for £38.39 with 5 routes!

these include:

Great Western Railway

Main-Spessart Bahn

Ruhr-Sieg Nord

Northern Trans-Pennine

Long Island RailRoad

Peninsula Corridor

I thought this was an amazing deal for those with TSW 2 looking to buy excellent DTG content without shelling out £150 at £25 a piece for all 6. This allows users to enjoy routes I wouldn’t have considered buying for the price! This may be unsurprising for many, however, as a user that just bought GWR for 17.50 on its own during a much awaited sale. I thought this simple buy would save huge numbers a lot of money and enjoy wider content. This also applies for the TSW 2020 basic edition with GWE, MSB, LIRR and Northern TP as well as the deluxe edition that adds Peninsula Corridor. At £19.99 and £39.99 respectively. This is excellent value for those just getting in to TSW 2 and I implore players to check it out before buying GWR for £17.50 which is a sneaky at best from DTG.

Anyone skeptical of this, as I have been can request a refund within 24 hours of purchase from the Microsoft store as I have done for the GWR add on and saved myself 17.50 from the £38.39 which I’m blown away with! Im particularly thankful for Microsoft refunding me 2 days after purchase from their store.

p.s. this is assuming you have bought TSW 2 already, however grabbing tsw 2 at discount as well as tsw 2020 collectors edition for sale will provide 9 or more routes for under £75 which is particularly useful for those looking to join this excellent sim.

p.p.s. This I assume also applies to TSW 2020 sales rather than rare TSW 2 sales. So game pass or general gamepass discounts on TSW will transfer over to TSW 2, truly game-changing, although I’m sure some may eye roll after knowing this for some time! so rapid transit can be bought at 10% discount already on TSW 2020 and transferred over for TSW 2 owners!

I have attached some photos as a storyline and evidence of what I found with TSW 2 preserved content downloading, this is the best PSA I could have come up with hahaha and I’m sure it applies to other platforms.

2E4EC4FA-4281-4825-BDD5-B1B44B985D55.jpeg

E39D7AE4-4F43-4E9F-8495-167862BB36EB.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

....or alternatively, on a good day you can get a brand new physical copy of TSW2020:CE for as little as £24 and receive the above six routes an awful lot cheaper than you would buying through Microsoft...and off course, with a physical copy you have the resale option. Why people insist on digital purchases (well, on XBox anyway) is beyond me.

3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah but you have to go through the hassle that we had with preserved collection transferring to tsw 2 and send a ticket ect for this game i just find keeping everything digital makes sense

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I got the digital Collector's Edition when it went on sale around £25. Very good price and I had no more reliance on Game Pass (which expires later this year for me).

Now I'm buying individual routes that cost that much! :o

5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Hassle? With the exception of Peninsula Corridor (which took three days) I got every single one of my activation codes within 24 hours of submitting the request.
    Keeping everything digital *on console* makes no sense whatsoever. If you choose to move on from XBox then, apart from the hardware you cannot sell what you no longer need; if you get bored of a game (or a game is absolute trash) then (Cyberpunk 2077 excluded) you're stuck with it forever; you're generally paying over the odds (and that includes digital v digital against other formats) for the 'convenience' of digital ownership; if your hard drive goes down it takes much, much longer to reinstall games digitally; you cannot play your games offline. Discs also become collectable. For example, as a digital download Raiden IV (X360/XB1) is worth nothing but as a physical copy it has a value in excess of it's original retail price.
    But yeah, I do have to suffer the 'trauma' of moving a couple of metres every time I want to swop a game over - something I did for years in the pre-digital era without issue!

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Why does a digital library on console make no sense? Do you think Steam is invincible? What if you want to move your library from there? Backwards compatibility exists on console so my games are good for 15-20 years. I expect future consoles will continue backwards compatibility now that so many people are buying digital. If consoles don't have a disc drive, I'll be the one still able to play my Xbox games without needing to keep my old console...so few games I replay anyway and I don't consider myself a collector.

Discs often need patches, sometimes not even using any data from the disc and downloading the entire game from the internet. Sure you can play your game offline and unpatched, with potential instability, bugs and DLC not showing up (due to requiring latest game version). So installing them can take the same time. Broadband is getting faster, with some able to download a 50 GB game in minutes.

Oh and if I ever get bored of a digital game...delete and forget (hide from library if I can't handle the icon taunting me). Most of my disc games are worthless. I could sell them but let's just say I may as well give them away from looking at the average selling prices. Only a few of my games have held any value and usually the ones that didn't have millions of discs made.

I've saved so much money buying mostly digital (sale prices) and Game Pass. Glad I don't care about getting games at launch anymore (few exceptions, of course).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I highly doubt you've saved anything buying digital (even at sale prices) because it's only when games become virtually obsolete that they match or better the equivalent physical sale price. As a very simple example my previous three purchases on Xbox one have been: Ride 4 (£27.85), PuyoPuyo Tetris 2 (£19.99) and Strange Brigade (£4.75) - all brand new and sealed. Even though the games are of varying age on not one single occasion have I seen Microsoft match or better those prices (PuyoPuyo has never been on sale, R4 (I think) was £30 not too long ago and Strange Brigade was on sale for a tenner when I bought it).
    Gamepass I will grant you - but it's a service whereby you have to continue paying for in order to play games you will never own so it's value is questionable. Besides, first party games aside, as a long term Xboxer If I personally don't own a game that makes it to Gamepass then I don't own it because it wasn't worth buying first time around - and just because it's 'free' it won't make it any more appealing...a point which I'm sure other gamers share.

Back compat is a very different animal and as an owner of many X360 games, because of Microsoft's (RRP obsessed) pricing policy you will continue to pay hopelessly over the odds for digital games regularly seen in the £2-£4 bargain bin at CEX and whilst one or two may reach 'giveaway' status the overwhelming majority will never match physical prices. Anyone subscribing to the 'digital back compat makes far more sense' philosophy quite frankly has more money than the sense they are preaching.

Yes, I agree all physical games need a day one patch but it is incredibly rare that all the data from the disc is overwritten by updates and patches, Dakar 18 being the *only* game I have had to download in it's entirety. I don't know the exact read speed of a bluray in the X1X but what I do know is that where Ride 4 is concerned the 21gb required from the disc installed almost as quick as the 4.75gb download so I absolutely reject your claim that downloading games digitally is quicker - irrespective of download speed (and for your benefit overlooking the fact that standard XB1's have bandwidth limits anyway).

But hey, it's your choice and I will always accept that whilst some gamers still value their purchases others are happy to pay for the price of convenience no matter what that cost may be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I just shell out all my gift cards that I can use on Microsoft store!

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

£38.39. That's less than I paid for TSW when it launched on console for an inexplicable £40.

10. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you should get Rapid Transit included too :)

11. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

I managed to get the Collectors Edition when it was half-price for £23.99 which had LIRR, MSB, NTP, RSN, GWE and PEN C. It was a brilliant deal

• Like Like x 1
  12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You don't on Xbox if you get Train Sim World 2020 edition. You have to pay £25 for it standalone or get it for £10 in the upgrade dlc with NEC.

PS - Train Sim World 2020 is on sale for £10 now on Xbox. That's GWE, MSB, NTP and LIRR which all grant you versions on Train Sim World 2.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. simulaw

simulaw New Member

You can actually get the Collectors Edition of TSW for £20.99 at the moment.

Cdkeys are a very reputable website that I've personally used for years, and often recommend them via my website

https://www.cdkeys.com/train-sim-world-2020-collector-s-edition-xbox-one-uk

To get extra routes, I picked up TSW in the sales, then when I saw the price of cdkeys, I requested (and got) a refund through Xbox .com and then purchased the above pack.

• Like Like x 1