Livery Editor Wish List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by solicitr, Jan 14, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A) The ability to save own-created elements as decals, or otherwise make them transferable from train to train. If I've spent hours making a railway's logo, I don't want to have to start from scratch for the next loco or wagon!

B) Related to the above: the ability to flatten groups into a single layer.

C) The ability, not to edit the default models themselves, but to duplicate them and edit the copies. If, for example, one wanted to take a shiny-new freight car and dirty it up, or do a special commemorative paint job, or simply change an S-Bahn to an RB.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

This seems like a good idea, I don't wanna mess about with names on my new trains of the same character. For example, if I made a livery based on ときのそら (Tokino Sora) for the TGV and didn't want to mess about with the really detailed parts and the name for the 377 version, that would be a lifesaver and maybe the number of decals could be increased from 300 to at least 1000 as I would love to add more detail to my designs

3. solicitr

All right: I just had a thought which might spur DTG into taking livery-sharing seriously: money. If, with such a system set yp, DTG could start a side business of producing and selling liveries itself, for a modest price (say, $1.99 US/ £1.49/ €1.65).

One to start off with, which could almost be considered an update: all the S-Bahn and regional MUs in the Rhein-Ruhr Service Alliance (that is, in HRR, RRO, RSN and SKA) as of the end of 2019 have been repainted in uniform lime-green and white livery, regardless of operator (DB, Abellio, whomever). Add a bit of variety to those monotonously all-red routes!.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

It has a good business prospect

5. 66050

66050 Active Member

Would also be nice to have proper weathering textures!

• Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

Oh, another one (are you reading this, DTG Protagonist?) A very important feature, actually: add a checkbox interface that allows the user, for a particular session, to select which alternate liveries will be allowed to spawn in AI consists, and which will be kept out. If I do up a lime-green Talent for Rhein-Ruhr, I don't want it popping up in Munchen-Augsburg!

• Like Like x 2
  7. solicitr

Come to think of it, all trains operated by DB Regio Bayern carry blue and white "Bahnland Bayern" decals. Another route - specific livery.

8. bencarl

bencarl New Member

1. Text:
      1. Ability to enter text by typing as a string on a single layer instead of individual characters on separate layers.
      2. More fonts and punctuation. I'm shocked there aren't the same basic punctuation as found on a standard keyboard. Try making a B&O livery without an ampersand!
    2. Shapes:
      1. Ability to change the width of lines in hollow shapes such as circles & rectangles.
      2. More Scaling options: When I change the length of a trapezoid (in X/Y mode) the long horizontal side extends disproportionately from the short horizontal side creating very long, thin points instead of maintaining the same ratio. (I hope that makes sense.)
    3. Decals & Signs:
      1. The ability to create a .bmp or .png file in an external program and import it into the livery designer.
      2. Or a separate logo designer allowing users to make a logo and apply it to any loco in the livery designer.
      3. The ability to copy & share layers between different liveries and locos.
    4. Layers:
      1. The ability to make layers invisible/visible. This makes it easier to de-clutter an area while some other design element is being worked on or try something different without damaging existing work.
    5. Paint:
      1. Ability to free paint with a brush tool or click elements & fill them with paint. I.e. click & paint a railing a different color without having to match a shape, overlay it, and play with projection to get it to fit without overlapping another feature.
    These are just some of the things I've wished I had while working in the livery designer this week.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I like all of these, they are brilliant ideas

10. Dr. Viking

Dr. Viking Member

The ability to rotate to set angles 45°, 90°, 180°, 10° you name it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Simply put, Seat Material, Handrail colour and position, Glass colour, Inside Door Colour, Carriage Gangway door colour.

12. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

1) The ability to angle shapes at exact increments such as 45 or 90 degrees
    2) An increase to at least 400 layers
    3) The ability to save layer groups (like decal groups in Forza)
    4) To be able to see the coordinates of the decals I am placing
    5) The ability enter hexadecimal codes to pick colours

13. solicitr

Or just the ability to enter numeric values for the existing HSV