Route Suggestion - Thameslink

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by court692, Jan 24, 2021.

1. court692

court692 Member

I’d love to see Thameslink feature one day. The amount of services and routes may be a challenge but would opt for some interesting gameplay. Plus we know DTG can allow trains to use both AC and DC power so the class 700s wouldn’t be a problem.

Class 700 both in 8 and 12 car formation capable of 100mph but could also feature the class 319 for nostalgia

Possible routes:

Bedford to Brighton (making usage of Bedford and Brighton sidings)
    St Albans City to Sutton
    Peterborough to Horsham via Redhill (using the sidings at horsham and three bridges depot)
    Cambridge to Brighton
    Cambridge to Maidstone East
    Luton to Rainham

I feel like DTG would need to add more terminus stations in the scenario planner as Thameslink trains terminate at a lot of stations alongside their timetabled termini e.g. Gatwick Airport, Three Bridges, London Bridge, Blackfriars, Kentish Town, West Hampstead

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I would personally say that this would be great. I reckon that London to Brighton (and Lewes) would be good including Norwood Junction. This is because it would allow for Thameslink services to East Croydon and Norwood Junction, but then also allow for Southern and Gatwick Express services. Also the route has 4 depots; Lovers Walk, Selhurst, Thee Bridges and Stew Lane. This would be a great addition. Also has so much potential. But I’m repeating myself! Haha.
    There are loads of post asking for Thameslink and Brighton Mainline so I really hope it can be done :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. court692

court692 Member

Oooo yes I forgot about the Selhurst depot. Even a line up to London Victoria would be great, for longer services

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Yes Thameslink would be good, but it is unlikely that the full routes can be simulated because they are very long. It would be more achievable having terminuses of London Bridge, London Victoria (Thameslink terminating at either Victoria or Norwood Junction), London St Pancras or London Kings Cross. With half the route simulated. I would personally love the southern section. Again, very popular.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love to see thameslink with the 700s in the game

• Like Like x 1