The Catch Are Pacu Worth It.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bloodtheory, Jul 8, 2020.

1. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I think the tp for the Pacu need to be reworked. For the amount of fight it has, and the skill you need to bring a big one in, it's just not worth it compared to the other fish you catch on the same baits in the same lake. I get that the tp it's probably tied into weight. But maybe a modifier or something. At this point I'm just dropping my line once I realize I have one hooked ( they are the fastest thing in the water there.)

• Like Like x 3
  2. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

So true :) pacu is fighting more than arapaima puhaahaa

3. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

As soon as i know its a pacu, i let it go, takes way to long to get in, it also has the annoying completely wrong drag tension settings just like the bass in fsw. I think the tp is equal for the size of fish,the same for any other fish species .

4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

They frustrate the hell out of me. 15lb fish charged off 100 yards and I was thinking at least it might be a big one when I get it in (eventually). Having two types also seems not worth it as at the end of the day, seems a little pointless considering there is little joy in catching them or reward.

5. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

yes exactly that, had a 25lb one slowly go out to 180 yrds held the reel in button for 15 to 20 minuets and when it got to about 40 yrds it started to whizz about at 200 mph.
    So then the annoying drag line tension started up and down like a yoyo all i heard was blip blip blip at the top and bottom, had to go as low as drag setting 9, using 40lb line for a 25lb fish.
    i caught tank on the same setup, a 400lb+ boss arapima left the drag at 30 all the time very few blip sounds compaired to the pacu.

I wish they would change the drag / line tension to work the same as it does for every other spices in the game, and peacok bass are nearly as annoying as well.

6. saintdeath

saintdeath New Member

Right..... arapaima fight way way more than a pacu would...yes pacu do put up a fight ..but a peacock bass still has more fight than the pacu!

7. Boilie

Boilie New Member

This fish is annoying, I just snap the line off when I hook one, not worth the time or effort.