Fishing Sim World Its Leaving Gamepass Soon, Will I Still Be Able To Play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metimmather, Jan 18, 2021.

1. metimmather

metimmather Member

anyone know how gamepass works? i DLed with gamepass and now love the game and bought loads of dlc, will i have to buy the game after it leaves gamepass or can i still use game as long as i dont delete it?

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You'll have to buy the game to keep using it, although all of the DLC can still be used. Assuming they actually made them, I'd buy a used disc copy.

3. metimmather

metimmather Member

thanks for reply, are you sure of that? its just on xbl if i get a free game through monthly games with gold, you can carry on using when it goes back to normal. this gamepass is becoming less and less attractive the more i use it.

4. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

You have to buy the game after it leaves if you want to carry on playing the game - its a subscription service and not one that just offers free games, much like if programmes leave netflix you can't still watch them after they are gone etc. Its still fantastic value for the number of games available but generally speaking the games on there (excluding microsoft first party ones etc) are on there for a "limited" amount of time

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There's a difference. Games With Gold and PlayStation Plus offer games at limited times, but at the end of the month, the can still be played because you have claimed them. You can only play them if you have a subscription - you'll have to buy it outright if you don't get the subscription again. It's the same with the PlayStation Plus Collection.

As malanta#1820 says, with Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Now, you don't own the games at all. With PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold, you 'own' the game as long as your subscription is active, but with Game Pass/Now you can only play it with your subscription as long as it is part of Game Pass. You will have to buy it separately to continue play it.

6. suncrush

suncrush New Member

You can get it on Steam much cheaper than GamePass until Jan 25

7. metimmather

metimmather Member

thanks for help but ive bought loads of DLC for it on win10 so cant really swap to other platform.

thanks guys, looks like im just going to buy it outright when it leaves gamepass, 99% sure im also gonna dump the gamepass as it really starting to me off, they market it as access to a games libery when its actually a game rental service, price doubled last month and now seems the xbl gold is also doubling in price. im done with flirting with msoft. should have known better than trust them, just wish i hadnt bought so much dlc so switching to steam wouldnt be so painful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021
  8. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Depends how you play it, live isnt going up in price now, depending how you do gamepass can get it for as cheap as £3-£6 a month...its really good value if you play alot of games, if you dont play alot of different ones then maybe not so much

9. metimmather

metimmather Member

its £8 on pc it doubled last month

10. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

It's also 11 on console but there is normally ways to get it cheaper