South Eastern High Speed - A Rushed Made Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Jan 22, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to hearing exactly what the changes involve, as at the moment there isn't much information on what they involve.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

As a result of these changes we've cancelled a second preview we were planning to run this week so that you can see (or at least hear) the changes that have been made. We're not changing the release date for the route but there will likely be a day 1 update to it for console players.

I'd recommend that people not get their expectations too high from this news, we are addressing areas your feedback, but ultimately only you can decide whether the changes go far enough or not.

• Like Like x 25
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thanka DTG for listening
    This is awesome,thanks for listening to our feedback hopefully this will result in higher quality routes from now on :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am certainly more optimistic about the route now, I think that showing you are being pro-active with feedback is a good gesture, and I hope to see certain parts of the route look more realistic, and with us not getting another look until next week, I think that will work in your favour as to show a better contrast regarding any changes made from the previous preview.

Now, I look forward to the roadmap, I've been discussing track ballast a little too much for my taste, both here and at work.

Stay Safe!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

That is great! A positive step.

• Like Like x 5
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yep cannot wait definitely a lot going for it most up to date 395 cab compared to original train simulator release modern day current version the new east Kent signalling reflecting the resignalling work done recently the modelling of the new signalling control centre at Gillingham plus the working level crossings and on top of that the choice like with east coastway between full length route London to faversham or If feeling lazy or pressed for time the local Kent services

• Like Like x 2
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think it is very important that we are careful with expectations here, the route is still slated for release in just over a week, which is not a lot of time in terms of development.

Services being addressed can only be good, any more than what was planned is an improvement, and whilst the changes to other items we have discussed may be minimal or not addressed still, I think that the feedback here will surely lead to DTG having a better understanding of what makes a route feel immersive and authentic.

• Like Like x 4
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I am not raising my expectations too high (I learned that before and any remains of high expectations waere smashed by the infamous br 101 tornado that swept through here), but you can already see a broad relief going through here. So even doing some improvements goes a long way and as said before, if you are able to do at least a little bit - it might be enough for people on the edge to accept it as a fair compromise considering how short before release we are. We shall see next week!

• Like Like x 2
  9. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Hmm, let’s wait and see but I’m not holding my breath given what Sam just said. I really hope I’m proven wrong but he’s told us to not get our expectations too high so there it is, minimal changes in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. sophieclarke1983

Yes they definitely are good when you think all these years down Line from umpteen years ago when train simulators first started

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The way I'm looking at it, is that the route worked in the reveal stream. It had enough services to be content with while that issue was addressed. The issues with immersion for some viewers also looks like it is being addressed, which again is a good thing.

There was no real reason to delay the release, and I'm glad DTG are still releasing as scheduled on the 4th, but there are changes going to be made at a later date which again is only a good thing.

While yesterday wasn't a pretty day in regards to this thread, today see's a light at the end of the tunnel, everyone has been listened to and everyone has something to look forward too.

Happy days!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There is the likelihood of a console update on day 1 , so hopefully the route can still release as planned

• Like Like x 2
  13. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

That is some good news indeed, thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. sophieclarke1983

Yes thankfully it is going ahead as planned on 4th next Thursday

• Like Like x 1
  15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

To all of those mentioning the insane amount of negativity in these forums - see the last two pages in this thread? :D

• Like Like x 6
  16. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

No. You must think the community is negative at all times. Stop breaking the mould.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this one here, it's long past served any usefulness.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.