Breckland Line: Norwich To Cambridge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GA Railfan17, Jan 26, 2021.

1. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

This route is 51 miles in length, a good route length for TSW2 at the time of writing.
    The route would be set in 2019 and feature the class 170 and 755. A Turbostar is requested quite highly and the 755 Flirt units have not been made in any Train simulator before, and are one of the most modern UK trains to be about. Other Loco add-ons for this route include the class 158 Sprinter for EMR, another highly requested train.
    The two terminus stations of this line(Norwich and Cambridge) are both fairly busy with Norwich racking up over 4 million passengers each year and Cambridge with around 11 million. The services that run along the line with these two locos are Norwich-Cambridge, Cambridge-Norwich, Norwich to Stansted Airport(as far as Cambridge) and vice versa(from Cambridge). It also features lots of Depot movements in and out of Norwich Crown Point and Victoria sidings and The sidings at Cambridge. The 755 would also be the first Bi-mode train in the game. Overall, this is just a beautiful line with lots of opportunities for expansion and fits the Criteria DTG are looking for. I would love to hear everyone's opinion about this route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

If this route were to made, it would need to go to stansted airport, where most greater anglia Breckland line services from Norwich to terminate

3. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

Yeah, But I dont think DTG would go that far

4. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Would love to see this it’s been one of my local routes since NXEA and would be great to finally have a GA Route. And who knows maybe they could add a class 156 or 153 (my favourite train) as DLC later down the line