PlayStation Ska Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrbKlegend89, Jan 27, 2021.

1. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is mentioned or maybe its the performance on consoles...and probably should be in "technical reports".But is it me or the passenger locos that have destination signs all saying "not in service" in German on entire route of the dlc??..or maybe im bugging!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

You need to set them yourself on the panel. Works on consoles no problem

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrbKlegend89

How does that happen again??I completely forgot

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Which loco? The ICE?

5. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

For the ICE:

Left computer. Hit the UD button on the top right, then hit the the top set of arrows to switch between destinations. Then make sure to hit enter to confirm. It should show up for you!

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On German trains generally: look for a button marked "FIS" (you may have to look through a few screens before you find it.

That is, for those where the sign is set through the MFD. On the 146 and its cab car, there is a separate console:

[​IMG]
    You have to turn it on with the button at bottom left, then scroll using the arrow keys.

7. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I think it's worth mentioning that preserved collection trains do not have the correct destination boards for SKA.
    The ICE3M and the Talent 2's are fine, since they come with the route. But the other trains that could be used on this route– the DB BR 146 and the DoStos... well they weren't programmed to contain the destinations of SKA. Their PIS systems are tied to the routes they came from, in this case, MSB. (Side note: newer trains such as the Javelin trains from SEHS apparently won't have this problem. Going forward, the PIS system is dynamic and reads the destinations from the route)

So yes, the OP is correct in their assumptions. Some trains will either have their destination boards completely blank, or they will read "Nicht Einsteigen"...that's German for 'Do Not Enter'.
    This is correct and expected behavior, although we obviously don't want that. We can hope that the preserved collection crew go back and edit the destinations list, or even update the train's PIS system as a whole...but this is yet to be seen on the roadmap. Only time will tell.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

With the latest iteration of on-board PIS, i'd say they should look at applying this across the board, it will probably take a while so obviously it would be a train by train basis, and they have said PIS will still be improved further, but now that we have dynamic PIS it is something that would be great to see rolled out.

9. MrbKlegend89

Thanks but it's what SkyMutt mentioned those logos that are do not enter in german...the ICE and talent 2s were good but the Br146 2 and even the BR422 not automatically programmed...those are the ones I meant

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah as he said, it was a limitation in place when those trains were put into TSW, the PIS systems used textures rather than a dynamic display, and they were not kept upto date with the routes they were added too.

11. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with this! The newer systems on HMA and now SEHS look really good...hell I think I've been playing a lot on HMA because I look at the destination screens soo much. It really adds a lot to the immersion :)
    Regarding older routes, I believe East Coastway, the LIRR, and now Rapid Transit will all have countdown boards added to them (not the screens on the trains, if I'm not mistaken), and other routes too eventually. I'm really hoping they're ported to SKA as well...but again, this is all up the preservation crew to look after.

Ah, yes...it's like I've already mentioned. The BR 146 and the 422's are not native to SKA. The BR 146 comes from Main Spessart Bahn while the 422 is from Rhein Ruhr Osten i believe?
    This means that their destinations are programmed with the destinations from those routes, and not SKA.
    It is up to the Pres. Crew to see if they'll address these or not.

12. MrbKlegend89

I would buy the HMA but unfortunately the layers for consoles experienced problems and it jus socks not to have service or is it regional service at least of all stops between Mammendorf and Augsburg..the closest is the commuter confusion scenario and I just notice how that use the 423, can the BR423 operate to Augsburg???

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, that's only partially true; in many cases they are programmed with the German routes that existed when they were made. So, for example, the 146 (which was introduced with MSB) has signs for the stops in RSN and RT.

I suppose on SKA when eastbound you could put up RE Frankfurt (Main), which is kind of true.

• Like Like x 1
  14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Just out of interest. If you put the TGV set on the Brighton mainline (via off the rails mode) it will show Brighton or Eastbourne (or what ever your destination station is) on the PIS. I think this will happen with the 395 and quite possibly the 375. Need to test when its released. Although the custom destination will not work with older routes like GWE.

Regards

Hentis