Xbox Level Grade Crossing Sounds

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by t.goaslind, Jan 27, 2021.

1. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

DTG Protagonist TrainSim-Adam

The Level Grade Crossing Sounds for Sand Patch, Peninsula Corridor, Oakville Canadian Subdivision, and LIRR for Xbox(& perhaps PlayStation) are either muted or non-existent. Any idea on when these issues could be fixed or show up on the Roadmap?

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I have sound on these ? Maybe it’s your Xbox which is having issues

3. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I have an original Xbox One and do not have crossing sounds on Sand Patch or Peninsula Corridor. The crossing sounds worked fine on Peninsula Corridor in TSW 2020.

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Can you not hear the sound even when there is no train ?

5. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Sorry, I should have said that this issue is on TSW2, its probably like a lot of other other issues the team is/was having when transferring the Preserved Collection from TS2020 to TSW2. Hopefully somewhere down the line all sound issues with the Preserved Collection will be fixed.

6. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

So I spawned on foot a few times at Redwood City (+/- 18:00 is a pretty busy time for watching trains) and the sound at the crossings in the area was essentially random. Each time I spawned, some crossings had sound and some didn't, and which ones had sound differed every time. In general, when I am running trains on Peninsula Corrido, it seems most crossings don't have sound (or, at least I can't hear the sound from the cab as well as I could in TSW 2020). That might be a mixing issue, but given that I rarely, if ever, hear the sounds when using an external view, I suspect most of my crossings are not generating sound most of the time.