Suggested Youtube Videos On Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Abbey Road, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Abbey Road

Abbey Road New Member

I saw a digression regarding PTG Rail in one of the other forum posts. I remember looking up a bunch of his Youtube videos back in the day circa 2018, when TSW 2020 was just Train Sim World. I had just bought RSN and NTP and was amazed at just the amount of work PTG Rail must have put into his route learning videos. It got me interested in the German locomotives, the German railway signals systems, the safety systems rules and consequentially, I remember spending a lot of time playing the RSN and MSB routes as well as the English routes like NTP and a bit of WSR (the speed limit was annoying though) and then even more time watching Youtube videos on the actual real life locomotives and the routes these were inspired by and modelled on.

I fell off the grid after the NTP release as I needed to free some hard disk space and TSW was taking up a whole lot of space. Now, in the last couple weeks, due to the Festival of Rail announcement on Steam, I went ahead and bought the TSW 2 collectors edition as well as a whole bunch of TSW 2020 legacy content that I had missed out on subsequently (German routes-HRR, RRO, English routes TVL, and shunting locos for RSN, MSB, and NTP). I was playing through the new DLC I bought and also came back on the Dovetail forums and see the same mix of positivity and negativity that was prevalent even 2 years back!

Just wanted to check with the TSW fans here whether there is any Youtuber at present who has route learning videos like PTG Rail (basically, someone who doesn't just play through the DLC routes or does some random chatting but instead someone who covers tangential related aspects of the DLC packs like a comparison of the DLC route against the real life route, the history of the routes, the locomotives that are part of the DLC, the safety systems, other interesting trivia).

Also, if I want to check how the real life routes of some of the new DLC that I have bought stack up against the TSW implementation of it; is there any Youtuber channel that puts up say, a cab view, of each of the routes that TSW has implemented so far (for example, the RRO, HRR, and ECW routes).

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in finding out the same information. PTG rail is incredibly thorough, informative, and very concise and clear in explaining the ins and outs of routes, in the depth not often seen in other videos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

PTGrail set the gold standard for TS/TSW content, unfortunately I think it will be a very hard task to come upto that standard of content.

As yet I haven’t found anyone who does anything similar, however I do find that TSW is easier to drive hudless, and would recommend that everyone give some route learning and hudless drives a go.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I just had a look on youtube to check the ones I’d watched a while back that I’d really liked and it turns out they were the PTGRail videos! So, I’m no help there.

5. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Wonder what he’s up too, been inactive on the PTGrail channel for over 2 years!
    Would love to see him return to YouTube.

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

He got burnt out on TS, he is now doing photography and has hinted towards doing some IRL train docs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

come check out GFYS Gaming Australia @ You Tube we are the home of Train Sim World 2 and Train Sim World 2020 we have a huge playlist for both games in our playlist area we have 3 livestreams each week with a 4th coming to sundays this sunday is the debut episode in fact but cut to the chase we have introduction videos timetable mode videos scenarios videos Replays of all our Livestreams plus Information Update videos where we keep everyone up to date on the Road map and new upcoming Train Routes and Locos we are fresh all the time u cant go wrong our livestreams can pull up to around between 30 to 80 views within 1st 24 hours witch is okay for a channel under 1000 subscribers witch that is almost not true as we a few subs away from 1000 but we dont make any money for what we do i do the game because i love it and i have many people that watch im a person that gets to the point of things when i see things that are not right in the game and i always talk about things that can be fixed and worked on to make the game better anyway everyone is always welcome to come check out my you tube channel our TSW2 Playlist is at this point just gone over 250 videos and keeps growing GFYS Gaming Australia @ You Tube is the place to be come join the Family today The Godfather of the rails is waiting..

• Like Like x 1