Direct Trains To The Depot

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Franck69, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Good morning Boys / girls :).
    Today I would like to give you my consideration, take it as an outlet, then if it will be better received by programmers.
    Don't you mind seeing the trains going to the depot, or in any case in an end of service area of the train and seeing that there are passengers on board?
    For example, but they are almost or all like this, on the Bakerloo line, you arrive at the end of the service where you have to take the train to the shed, and make a reversal and then take the train to the depot and see that it is full of passengers with the lights off . I wonder is it so difficult to implement a function that verifies whether the train is in service or not that all passengers on board are exhausted.
    This thing bothers me enormously. A good simulation can be seen even in the small details.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Hello there!
    Absolutely agree on this one! I had my quite concerns seeing some passengers insisting on going to the depot on the Bakerloo line, but now I am digging the Peninsula Corridor and cutting the train with MP15 at Caltrain CEMOF while it is still full of passengers feels... really disturbing to me :D
    Is this thing really too hard to fix so nobody bothers at all?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Natalie, the community manager is not going to like this greeting :D

The plan is to completely overhaul the passenger system at some point, which DTG have said they would like to do as soon as they can, and that would be the right time to make this issue go away once and for all.

I’m sure there are many people at DTG that feel the same way the players do about the strange community of passengers they have created. It’s like a genetics experiment went wrong and flooded the world’s railways with stubborn zombies that refuse to get off trains and don’t wear coats in winter.

• Like Like x 7
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given that in TSx there are settings for "unloaded at start" and "unload after this instruction" it makes sense to include the same in TSW(2)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think there is and it simply doesn't work. Matt mentioned it in the MLK stream.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Noticed this issue on some coaches on the BR363 coach shunting runs, and while I generally don't care very much about passengers, I reckon it's immersion breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

In some scenarios trains are empty, so it should be a way to do it as they already did it. To me the most practical way to implement that is that as soon as you turn off passenger lights or set destination boards to "Out of service" no passengers should remain inside, or at least they shouldn´t be visible if for some reason there´s a limitation in game related to passenger boarding.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And whose heads glow like light bulbs at night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I do remember Sam mentioning in a Bakerloo line stream so DTG are aware of it but nothing has ever appeared in the roadmap and there has never been a mention of a fix/improvement to this I would assume however that this is possible to implement considering this only happens when you take a train out of service and not when taking a train into service.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What strikes me as weird is that TS20xx definitely distinguishes between Load, Unload and Load/Unload stops, and an Unload stop empties the train. Why wasn't this carried forward?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Which could be done mid service...
    Much better that an end service destination be set in the scheduler, and once that is met no further passengers remain on the service
    Same for coming INTO service

• Like Like x 2