Sand Patch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by generallee20012, Jan 28, 2021.

1. generallee20012

generallee20012 New Member

I need help on the U876A coal to Cumberland Shaw mine I get 4.1 miles left near the end and the signal stays red what do I have to do

2. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

You've posted in the wrong forum. This is the TS2021 forum, not TSW, and Sandpatch doesn't exist in TS2021.

3. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Moved the thread to the correct section of the forums where you are more likely to get some help.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't recall any red light issues on this service. Try calling the dispatcher (tab + enter).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

I have completed "U876A - Coal - Cumberland to Shaw mine" from Journey mode recently (thats in Chapter 3 - for AC4400)
    Had no problems with signalling there.

Sometimes you can get permanent red signals if you save and reload during the service (especially long ones) - thats quite common problem on Sand Patch. To avoid that I have played them in one session without saves.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

IIRC, once you stop beyond the Shaw turnout and are ready to reverse into it, it is protected by a red signal-- but contacting the dispatcher authorizes moving through it and you won't get a SPAD. (Note: "restricted speed" is 15 mph, which also is the limit for the entire Shaw spur anyway)

• Like Like x 2
  7. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

Are you referring to the red signal before crossing over to the other track? How long did you wait? There is in fact an auto rack train coming that takes a bit to get there. I actually went to the map screen (9) and back tracked west in order to find it because it was taking so long, I started wondering too.

8. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

If driven by AI, westbound U876A crosses over into the eastbound main near Mance at 15:44. It heads west and then backs down the Shaw mine branch, clearing the main at 16:00.

If you are running a bit late and have encountered a red signal before crossing the over to the other main, that makes the service that much more interesting! The TSW2 dispatcher is dynamic and will let eastbound traffic onto the main if you aren't there. Once that clears, you should get a green to crossover to the EB main, pass through the tunnel and head to the Shaw mine branch.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021