North American Passenger Route Poll 2021

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GoldenTicket420, Jan 3, 2021.

?
  1. Newyork city subway (NYCTA) [Any]

43 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Chicago (CTA) [Any]

27 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Metro North New Haven

21 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. North East Corridor (NEC) Washington DC to Baltimore

50 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) [Any]

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. Toronto subway line Bloor - Danforth

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. NJ Transit (NJT)

34 vote(s)
    18.7%
  8. Peninsula corridor (Electrified)

15 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Path Train ( NYC)

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. Amtrak [Any]

82 vote(s)
    45.1%
  11. La metro link

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. Pacific surfliner

25 vote(s)
    13.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

They should have extended the lirr route to port Washington and if they’ll ever add the DM30AC’s they should extend it to at least oyster bay or port Jefferson.

• Like Like x 1
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

i voted for ny metro and lirr because us metro trains are the only decent us trains

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Define decent, as I feel like that it could be subjective that the Metro trains are the only decent trains in the US.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess he meant commuter railroad trains. Personally I prefer u.s commuter railroad trains over u.s freight trains

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

The mta is usually open and welcomes companies to make their products and film in their trains so I don't 100% buy the excuse that the MTA didn't allow dtg access to the DE30. Obviously the pandemic is a justifiable excuse but prior to the pandemic, I'm sure the MTA would've helped dtg get info on the DE30 because they like companies using their trains for movies and games

• Like Like x 1
  6. LawJ30

LawJ30 New Member

Correct. The amount of reference material the dev team received was not sufficient enough in their eyes. I know this because I was the one to submit it all. I sent in reference material for both the M3 and the DM30AC/C3s and the M3 was more favorable. I do understand why however. The M3s were far more accessible (pre pandemic obviously) and the diesels were not as much. The diesels are much more restricted in terms of access and in order to obtain certain things you cannot alway do it yourself. The likelihood of the LIRR diesel fleet ever making it’s way to TSW is next to none (unless it is done by a third party). So that it is why I think the best way to revamp the LIRR is just expand in the electric territory (because there is still tons to be explored) and forget about the diesels at this point.

Now for those that do want a new route rather then expansion of an existing one I’d look no further then the Metro North Harlem line. I myself would love something like NJT but I think it is best to hold off on NJT until maybe a third party can take it perhaps? DTG is no stranger to MTA routes now and I think the Harlem line is the best option compared to MNR’s other lines. All the dev team has to do really is to revamp the M7 and M3 and we have two locos to start. That way, the team could make an additional P32 that would go with the route quite nicely. Also now that TSW is starting to see longer routes (compared to the old 30-40 mile standard), we can see a full electric route offering from Grand Central to Southeast. This would include a terminal on the way to Southeast which takes half of the Harlem Lines traffic: North White Plains. Now the line does go past Southeast.... but service is quite scarce only seeing diesel trains during the peak hours. Grand Central to Southeast is about 51 miles of route! For those wondering why I chose Harlem over Hudson and New Haven the reasons are simple. Both the New Haven and Hudson lines have been made in TS1 so players are kinda used to them already. I also think DTG is not yet ready to feature two railroads in one route (that being Metro North and Amtrak). Having one railroad means the team can focus solely on making that offering better then juggling two. On a side note, anyone who wants the NYC subway done, I’d say hold off until passenger announcements are featured and the team shows they have improved from the Bakerloo line. What would the NYC subway line be like without “Stand Clear of the closing doors please”?
    That’s my take. Let me know what you all feel about that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

IRT Flushing Line

• Like Like x 1
  8. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see as the next North American Passenger train route DLC is Amtrak's Northeast Corridor Route New York- Philladelphia, A New Jersey Transit route or A DLC based on the PATH train system

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

I agree that the nyc subway should perhaps take a pause until passenger announcements are put into the game and until they sort out dispatcher issues on the Bakerloo line because if they can't get a full Bakerloo line timetable, then I'm concerned that a subway line in nyc won't get a full one either which would not be great. I do like the idea of The MTA Metro-North Harlem line since they weren't in ts2021 and it would be a cool addition to the game with the M7A and M3A 51 miles is something dtg can do. I also agree that dtg could expand the electrified sections of the long island railroad. They can give us the full 18.1 mile Port Washington Branch as an extension from Woodside To Port Washington. I find the stupid Port Washington shuttle service from Woodside to Penn Station Very pointless

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. taperrnoux

taperrnoux New Member

You can vote for multiple things. I would really like a Peninsula corridor upgrade with the Stadler Kiss 2 but NY Subway and NEC I would definitely buy too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I made this comment mad long ago, the OP changed it after I said this, then I revised my vote.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tallboy7648

DTG won't probably upgrade Peninsula Corrdior anytime soon

13. ZeenozPlays

They probably aren’t going to do it at all. They’d need to add Pantographs and a new piece of Rolling Stock. If they do upgrade it, I’d be surprised, and it’d actually make me buy the route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Ohh damn yea they need to revamp the LIRR a bit and even though u mentioned the M3 more favorable, the audio or sounds on that loco is not much correct either im like oh no....I do wish they did the full Port Washington Line or maybe to Great Neck idk, cuz that Woodside shuttle thing is pointless.....as far as the Main Line goes, They should've either completed the whole Ronkonkoma route...OR I was suggesting that the electric part to complete the whole line to Huntington and add partial extension to Farmingdale(if they can't complete the whole Ronkonkoma branch, but anything past Hicksville. As far as the MNR Harlem Line...I agree that should be suggested or would be nice to have in the game since its the only line that not in TS game...they can easily get the M7a/3a locos and have service terminate Southeast and North White Plains...not to sure if they add a rare service to Crestwood

• Like Like x 2
  15. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

it’s a 17 minute train ride from Hicksville to Huntington with stops at syosset,Cold spring harbor and Huntington.

16. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

If a U.S. route is in fact announced this year, I think it's probable that it will be Empire Corridor, Keystone Corridor, or NEC.

Sam has stated in streams that the focus this year is on high-speed passenger rail. If I recall correctly, the only U.S. routes that currently allow for +100mph runs are Empire Corridor (20 miles at 110mph between Albany and Schenectedy), Keystone (24 miles at 110mph between Lancaster and Parkesburg), and NEC. Much of the rest is limited to 79mph. I think any of those three are plausible: Southeastern High Speed has about a 20 mile stretch of high speed before joining the traditional/lower speed Chatham Main Line.

If they want to play it safe, I think it will be the Northeast Corridor; although, personally, I'd like to see something a little different. If MARC allowed licensing, it could be interesting to see the Penn Line -- 13 stations over 77 miles, 125mph max running speed, and it would be the longest route, but may be feasible as DTG would have to model fewer stations compared to HMA, SKA, or Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blacknred81

Amtrak's Michigan Line allows runs up to 100+mph as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Line

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. ZeenozPlays

My money is on a New Haven - Penn Station route with Metro North and Amtrak.

Another choice is DC - Baltimore

• Like Like x 2
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would go with a Via route in Canada. Many terrain/scenery options, and not Amtrak.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blacknred81

If we get VIA rail for TSW2, I think it should either be the UAC Turbo Train or the LRC. Would make for a nice change of pace vs VIA's long distance trains.
    84722030257j528060294.jpg bloglrcserv8.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  21. LawJ30

LawJ30 New Member

If this is true.... I think we can expect two likely options. The New Haven line from GCT and Penn to Stamford. The Penn section would most likely be recycled from NEC and LIRR as would the ACS-64. New locos would include the M8 Metro North and the Acela Express. The signals will probably come just as horrible as it was in NEC so don’t bet on anything good along with a very fictional timetable. The other option is the MBTA out of Boston (not familiar with the network so no idea where the best destination is). The MBTA has said they’d like to see their trains in the game over social media so it’s likely they’d be willing to partner up. Once again that provides opportunities for high speed Acela Express although it does depend on where the end point from Boston is.

And yes, they can do the NJT from Penn to Trenton which has the Acela but I feel quite strongly the NJT must be left alone until we see a major increase in route quality across the board (or third party does it). LIRR showed they cannot do a type of route like NJT just yet.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Lumia

Lumia New Member

Chicago subway is very cool !

23. ZeenozPlays

If DTG gives us the same inaccurate scenery we had in the OG NEC, best believe all of us gonna start with another thread about it. Just like SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

That would definitely happen

• Like Like x 1
  25. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

One of the things that really bugged me about NEC and the LIRR DLCs were that they didn't have the New York skyline at all, even though it's something that's very prominent and should have been in plain sight while going over Hells Gate Bridge or heading westbound past Harold Interlocking.
    I suppose these were old DLCs and the sim has gained capability over the past few years– you can see The Shard while playing on Bakerloo, and you can even see the San Francisco skyline while on approach to the 4th & King Street Station.
    Seeing these iconic landmarks really ties the scenery together and gives a sense of where you are in the world.
    It's among the reasons why I would love if DTG could retroactively add the NYC skyline onto the LIRR, or do a 'remaster' of this route via some new branch line.
    Scenery is one of the key aspects to getting a route right, I just wish it could be taken a bit more seriously.

• Like Like x 3
  26. tallboy7648

On the plus side, they did model one world trade center when your outside at Vanderbilt Yard on the lirr in Brooklyn. It's visible as well

27. flystentz

flystentz Member

I would love to see the brightline from Florida in TSW2, with some nice new DMU’s and a lot of new modern stations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  28. ZeenozPlays

I second this. I really like Brightline. I also think they were bought by Virgin Trains.

29. flystentz

flystentz Member

As i can understand they where, but aremt anymore

• Like Like x 1
  30. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

Agreed I take LIRR at least twice a month and I see now that DTG has a lot of work to fix if they choose to fix up LIRR in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about the MTA NYC Subway A train Upper West Side Manhattan Inwood 207th Street to Far Rockaway Mott Ave Queens via Broadway Junction Brooklyn Howard Beach JFK & World Trade Center Lower Manhattan. Also includes the C train 168th Street to Euclid Ave.
    Rolling Stock is
    1974-1978 R46
    2006-2010 R160A-2 & R160B Alstom
    Then the more Newer R179 5 car trains build dates for them are 2016-2019.
    https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/New_Technology_Trains_-_B_Division
    R179 4 car trains are on BMT Eastern Division Lines Nassau Street Jamaica Elevated & Myrtle Ave J, M & Z trains.

• Like Like x 1
  32. peepmarch15

peepmarch15 New Member

To whom it may concern, A professional train simulator route designer has created a new Amtrak route. Amtrak's Lincoln service: Lincoln to Springfield, IL. This route is brand new and will be on the workshop in late March! This route is great potential for adding the new SC-44 chargers and midwest coaches. Currently, the route comes with Amtrak p42 scenarios and UP freight. corn-field-yellowing-on-left-too-much-rain-drone-DF-20190518-047.jpg Abraham-Lincoln-Presidential-Library-and-Museum.jpg Illinois_Zephyr_and_Lincoln_Service_trains_at_Chicago_Union_Station,_December_2018.JPG corn-field-yellowing-on-left-too-much-rain-drone-DF-20190518-047.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I would like another American diesel powered passenger route if they add to the game, I would love them to model the GE P42 locomotive used in Amtrak long haul and some regional services. If they did Chicago they could include Metra and Amtrak. The Metra equipment is similar to what we already use on Peninsula Corridor however. I would love the Pacific Surfliner as it is a picturesque route with an interesting mix of locomotives and rolling stock. It seems we already have an overabundance of electrified passenger routes. However if they do an electric route, Washington to Baltimore on the NEC for instance, It would be very cool to set it in the late 90s/early 2000s as there was an interesting hodgepodge of Amtrak liveries on the rails at that time, everything from Phase III to Phase V. I really wish they would add the Capitol Limited to Sand Patch. The P42 and Superliner consist. The Cumberland station is modeled it could station stop in Cumberland.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  34. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if you want a New York New Jersey Diesel route then the Hudson Line North 40 miles 60 km Poughkeepsie Croton-Harmon. The Rollin stock for that are from Train Sim 21 Hudson Line Croton-Harmon to New York P32AC-DM Shoreliners Metro-North Amtrak Version is P32AC-DM Amfleets. Those just need rework for Train Sim World 2. If you are wondering how they got the M7 Long Island Railroad it's simply a reskin of the Train Sim 21 Hudson line M7A with the ATC panel changed.