S25 Heart Of Berlin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattdsoares, Jan 29, 2021.

1. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about this route. It is from Virtual Tracks and just released on Steam today. But what's odd is the setting vs. the stock. It is supposed to be set on a modern version of the S25 line, specifically as it was during the World Cup in 2006. However it only includes the BR 476.3, which hasn't operated regular service since like 1997. It's just a really odd combination. Has anyone bought the route? Any thoughts? I am attracted to the actual route, but without any modern stock to drive on a modern route...I can't imagine wanting to actually buy it for $40 USD.

• Like Like x 1
  2. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

I bought if from the makers some time ago because I like vintage stuff. I think they said something about this being set in the last phase of this stock. It is interesting and has interesting features with voice commands from the dispatcher at some stations and unique signalling at others plus passenger announcements. It is quirky and delighful - at least to old codgers like me.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Yea, I think at the time this was set, this stock was only being used for the December Christmas Train and for special occasions and ceremonies.